Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016  (Read 171267 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016
« Reply #1485 on: May 30, 2016, 11:55:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Just heard them talking on Sportscenter that Cleveland's success this postseason doesn't really mean much unless they can actually play Love against Golden State. Love's poor defense has ultimately limited his ability to play effectively against Golden State. I think we end up seeing a much easier series against the Cavs than the Thunder.

And, come on. Look what freaking the Splash Bros did to Roberson and Westbrook, who are two plus defenders. What are they going to do against Irving and Smith? lol

I can't wait to see Kyrie and love in pick and roll. Get out the popcorn.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1486 on: May 30, 2016, 11:57:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
There is nothing embarrassing about losing to this Warriors team. The Thunder played a great series and weren't quite good enough.

They were up 3-1

Yes they were. And the Warriors played three really great games to come back. None of them were blowouts.

The Thunder played ugly those past 3 games

I think they played pretty great, the Warriors just hit a lot of tough shots. Curry and Klay were better than russ and Kd.  That's nothing to be ashamed of.

They were one game away from beating them this isn't some back and forth kind of series they were up 3-1 I know you like the Warriors but the thunder showed poor body language this game and they became selfish down the stretch

I'm not saying the Thunder were perfect. Just that the story here is what the Warriors did. Not the Thunder choking. It was a great series. The better team with home court advantage in game seven won.

The thunder became the 10 th team to lose after being up 3-1 if it were a back and forth affair I would agree but this was more embarrassing

« Reply #1487 on: May 30, 2016, 11:58:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There is nothing embarrassing about losing to this Warriors team. The Thunder played a great series and weren't quite good enough.

They were up 3-1

Yes they were. And the Warriors played three really great games to come back. None of them were blowouts.

The Thunder played darn well those last 3 games, you just have to give GSW the credit, they played just a bit better than them, but not by much. The Thunder had the last two games under control for the majority of the time, there was just nothing they could do to stop Curry and Klay's unreal shooting, and Westbrook played like a tool down the stretch in both games.

Bad turnovers by durant and Westbrook stagnant play if the thunder played like they did in games 3 and 4 they would have been in the finals

Not quite. Game 3 and 4 the Thunder won because GSWs couldn't shoot, especially Curry. Gotta give GS their just due.

They played great defense and passed the ball well

True. I was quite surprised at how well some of the GSW players performed on defense.

I meant the thunder for games 2 and 3 but the Warriors did some good things

The Thunder played great defense all series long. Adams was a beast! Ibaka did a great job as usual. There is just nothing anyone can do when Curry and Thompson are consistently hitting shots 5 ft behind the line with 7 foot guys in their face.

My only critique for Donovan is that he should have used Kanter more, GS didn't have an answer for him.

« Reply #1488 on: May 31, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Just heard them talking on Sportscenter that Cleveland's success this postseason doesn't really mean much unless they can actually play Love against Golden State. Love's poor defense has ultimately limited his ability to play effectively against Golden State. I think we end up seeing a much easier series against the Cavs than the Thunder.

And, come on. Look what freaking the Splash Bros did to Roberson and Westbrook, who are two plus defenders. What are they going to do against Irving and Smith? lol

Irving, Love, Frye all those guys are poor defenders. They will try to outscore GS. The matchups say they won't.

I heard Chris Lowe say that coaches around the league thought Dellavedova was better in the lineup than Irving simply because of defense.

« Reply #1489 on: May 31, 2016, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

First thing Bron does is have Delly ....re HURT Curry and/or Klay ...........Bron asks for others to do his dirty work .

Dirty Delly

« Reply #1490 on: May 31, 2016, 12:02:00 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If Cleveland wants a legit shot at this, they have to play Tristan Thompson and Dellavedova major minutes. Love and JR Smith aint going to get it done.

« Reply #1491 on: May 31, 2016, 12:03:10 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Chef found his rhythm after a long hiatus. That about sums it up. Go GS!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1492 on: May 31, 2016, 12:07:06 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I feel like the chances of Durant leaving just went from 0% to 1%. This was probably the best possible version of the OKC team yet they still couldn't close out a series from 3-1.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #1493 on: May 31, 2016, 12:22:45 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

They were up 3-1

The Thunder played darn well those last 3 games, you just have to give GSW the credit, they played just a bit better than them, but not by much. The Thunder had the last two games under control for the majority of the time, there was just nothing they could do to stop Curry and Klay's unreal shooting, and Westbrook played like a tool down the stretch in both games.

Bad turnovers by durant and Westbrook stagnant play if the thunder played like they did in games 3 and 4 they would have been in the finals

Not quite. Game 3 and 4 the Thunder won because GSWs couldn't shoot, especially Curry. Gotta give GS their just due.

They played great defense and passed the ball well

True. I was quite surprised at how well some of the GSW players performed on defense.

I meant the thunder for games 2 and 3 but the Warriors did some good things

The Thunder played great defense all series long. Adams was a beast! Ibaka did a great job as usual. There is just nothing anyone can do when Curry and Thompson are consistently hitting shots 5 ft behind the line with 7 foot guys in their face.

My only critique for Donovan is that he should have used Kanter more, GS didn't have an answer for him.

There was nothing you can do when Curry/Thompson are hitting bad 3's, but the Thunder were disorganized in the clutch.

« Reply #1494 on: May 31, 2016, 12:32:37 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I like PJ Carlesimo.  Gives a different perspective.  ESPN can be really bad running with stories, but nice to see someone like him on there.  PJ said that OKC relied on their other guys they just didn't deliver.  OKC didn't make enough 3's  and GS is just really hard to beat that way.  Watching Durant getting mad at Roberson for not taking that 3 was that. They beat SA because players like that were delivering. The last few games they didn't. No wonder guys like Sprewell want to choke PJ though. He makes a lot of sense.

« Reply #1495 on: June 02, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
so do we discuss here tonight or at the finals thread?

« Reply #1496 on: June 02, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I'll start a Finals thread
Yup

« Reply #1497 on: June 02, 2016, 08:50:23 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

TP Redz!

#Redzdeadbabyredzdead
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #1498 on: June 02, 2016, 08:50:59 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

TP Redz!

#Redzdeadbabyredzdead

Wow
Old school!
Yup

« Reply #1499 on: June 02, 2016, 08:53:34 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

TP Redz!

#Redzdeadbabyredzdead

Wow
Old school!
i've been a long time lurker and you were one of my favs.

I even remember way back when CB was having trouble because it was expanding so fast that it was hard to keep up. Pre sb nation

Those were the days!!
I trust Danny Ainge