Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016  (Read 171271 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016
« Reply #1470 on: May 30, 2016, 11:47:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There is nothing embarrassing about losing to this Warriors team. The Thunder played a great series and weren't quite good enough.

They were up 3-1

Yes they were. And the Warriors played three really great games to come back. None of them were blowouts.

The Thunder played ugly those past 3 games

The Thunder played darn well those last 3 games, you just have to give GSW the credit, they played just a bit better than them, but not by much. The Thunder had the last two games under control for the majority of the time, there was just nothing they could do to stop Curry and Klay's unreal shooting, and Westbrook played like a tool down the stretch in both games.

« Reply #1471 on: May 30, 2016, 11:48:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There is nothing embarrassing about losing to this Warriors team. The Thunder played a great series and weren't quite good enough.

They were up 3-1

Yes they were. And the Warriors played three really great games to come back. None of them were blowouts.

I think they played pretty great, the Warriors just hit a lot of tough shots. Curry and Klay were better than russ and Kd.  That's nothing to be ashamed of.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1472 on: May 30, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

They were up 3-1

The Thunder played darn well those last 3 games, you just have to give GSW the credit, they played just a bit better than them, but not by much. The Thunder had the last two games under control for the majority of the time, there was just nothing they could do to stop Curry and Klay's unreal shooting, and Westbrook played like a tool down the stretch in both games.

Bad turnovers by durant and Westbrook stagnant play if the thunder played like they did in games 3 and 4 they would have been in the finals

« Reply #1473 on: May 30, 2016, 11:51:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

They were up 3-1

Bad turnovers by durant and Westbrook stagnant play if the thunder played like they did in games 3 and 4 they would have been in the finals

Not quite. Game 3 and 4 the Thunder won because GSWs couldn't shoot, especially Curry. Gotta give GS their just due.

« Reply #1474 on: May 30, 2016, 11:51:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I got Cavs and GS ...just about dead even this go.....

GS ...got home advantage ......healthy Curry again ......Klay play n well.

Bron is in beast mode full tilt ,  Love and Irving are back .

But Bron carries the Refs in his pocket where ever he goes .    He slow the game down by drawing a billion fouls or flopping .   This disruption of game flow due to the cry baby wanting foul called every play wrecks the momentum of other teams.

« Reply #1475 on: May 30, 2016, 11:51:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

They were up 3-1

I think they played pretty great, the Warriors just hit a lot of tough shots. Curry and Klay were better than russ and Kd.  That's nothing to be ashamed of.

They were one game away from beating them this isn't some back and forth kind of series they were up 3-1 I know you like the Warriors but the thunder showed poor body language this game and they became selfish down the stretch

« Reply #1476 on: May 30, 2016, 11:52:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

They were up 3-1

Not quite. Game 3 and 4 the Thunder won because GSWs couldn't shoot, especially Curry. Gotta give GS their just due.

They played great defense and passed the ball well

« Reply #1477 on: May 30, 2016, 11:52:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
OKC blew a lead against a 73 win opponent. They were up big in game seven but the two time MVP took over in the second half at home.

What a bunch of chokers. Clearly Durant isn't a true superstar.

#HotTakeExpress
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1478 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Just heard them talking on Sportscenter that Cleveland's success this postseason doesn't really mean much unless they can actually play Love against Golden State. Love's poor defense has ultimately limited his ability to play effectively against Golden State. I think we end up seeing a much easier series against the Cavs than the Thunder.

And, come on. Look what freaking the Splash Bros did to Roberson and Westbrook, who are two plus defenders. What are they going to do against Irving and Smith? lol

« Reply #1479 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

They were up 3-1

True. I was quite surprised at how well some of the GSW players performed on defense.

« Reply #1480 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:49 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
OKC blew a lead against a 73 win opponent. They were up big in game seven but the two time MVP took over in the second half at home.

#HotTakeExpress

are you insulting me?

« Reply #1481 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
You can't win against the GSW with Westbrook going wild in the crunch time.

I agree pretty much.  Too many wasted possessions by OKC down the stretch.  A lot of that is on Westbrook.  He is probably the most naturally gifted athlete in the nba.  But he just losses it mentally sometimes.  It isn't fun to watch.

Bad def with Ibaka with fouling Curry at the end of the shot clock too.  They had got the lead down to 4.  Lots of mental errors.  Thunder played as a team in the first half, and then just went back to the same old bad iso ball habits that blow close games down the stretch.

Kudos to GS though.  Coming back from 3-1 is an amazing comeback.  Hopefully they didn't burn all their jet fuel already.  Gotta wrap this up by beating lebron's crew now.

« Reply #1482 on: May 30, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

They were up 3-1

They were one game away from beating them this isn't some back and forth kind of series they were up 3-1 I know you like the Warriors but the thunder showed poor body language this game and they became selfish down the stretch

I'm not saying the Thunder were perfect. Just that the story here is what the Warriors did. Not the Thunder choking. It was a great series. The better team with home court advantage in game seven won.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1483 on: May 30, 2016, 11:54:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

#HotTakeExpress

are you insulting me?

Not directed at you specifically. There's a lot of this sentiment out there right now.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1484 on: May 30, 2016, 11:55:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

They were up 3-1

True. I was quite surprised at how well some of the GSW players performed on defense.

I meant the thunder for games 2 and 3 but the Warriors did some good things