Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016  (Read 171265 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016
« Reply #1095 on: May 28, 2016, 09:52:51 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If the Warriors lose tonight, I better not hear crap about their regular season record ever again.  And while we are at it, I'm giving their 2015 championship an asterisk since LeBron was playing against them by himself.   They have been blessed with great health for two seasons... They need to get their crap together.

LOL.

Losing a tough series to a great opponent invalidates the entire two years that came before.

The Cavs were better without Kyrie and Love and their awful defense.

Even if you think so (I don't), they had no depth in the Finals and this counts for something.

I'm not saying the 2015 championship does not count or anything like that, but saying the Cavs were better without two of their stars seems to me a very far fetched claim.

It goes against intuition, but the Cavs are just so much more vulnerable with Kyrie and Love getting big minutes.  Those guys take away nearly as much as they give you because of their defense.

I really think the Cavs took two games from the Warriors last year because the Warriors had no Finals experience and the Cavs just went with a super slow grinding style and dominated the boards.

Exactly my feelings about that series. Once Curry got over the butterflies it was over.

« Reply #1096 on: May 28, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Looks like the 96 bulls record of 87 wins remains unbeaten.

« Reply #1097 on: May 28, 2016, 09:56:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Someone mentioned earlier ......LeBron nearly won the whole deal WITHOUT Irving and Love .

LeBron and Co. Are gonna beat the mud out either of these teams .......treat em like little red headed step chill n s

« Reply #1098 on: May 28, 2016, 09:57:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah I think it's safe to say the 96 Bulls will keep their mantle of greatest ever.

How many games do the Thunder win next season?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1099 on: May 28, 2016, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Warriors need to get mad.  They don't seem to have the same effort level.

« Reply #1100 on: May 28, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Someone mentioned earlier ......LeBron nearly won the whole deal WITHOUT Irving and Love .

LeBron and Co. Are gonna beat the mud out either of these teams .......treat em like little red headed step chill n s

I really couldn't disagree with you more.

What about the Thunder beating the Spurs and Warriors makes you think the inferior Cavs will not just beat them but win handily?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1101 on: May 28, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

What about the Thunder beating the Spurs and Warriors makes you think the inferior Cavs will not just beat them but win handily?

LeBron is on a mission. All he needs is some help from Love and Irving and there is no stopping him.

« Reply #1102 on: May 28, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
Thunder have been on a whole new level once the playoffs started. Their defense in the regular season was garbage.

« Reply #1103 on: May 28, 2016, 10:01:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

LeBron is on a mission. All he needs is some help from Love and Irving and there is no stopping him.
okc is a really tough team.  Scoring and size.  The two key ingredients to NBA success.

« Reply #1104 on: May 28, 2016, 10:02:59 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Thunder have been on a whole new level once the playoffs started. Their defense in the regular season was garbage.

turn around came after KD started saying good things about the Celtics.

« Reply #1105 on: May 28, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

What has LeBron done this postseason that's more impressive than what russ and kd have done?

Sometimes it seems like people have deified LeBron.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1106 on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Currys heating up.

They will need an absolutely apocalyptic second half from him to win this.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1107 on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
GS is hanging around. Thunder are playing at light speed and the crowd is relentless. About all you could ask for right now.

« Reply #1108 on: May 28, 2016, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

What has LeBron done this postseason that's more impressive than what russ and kd have done?

7 finals appearances.  6 in a row.  Two different teams.  We haven't seen a player make the finals 6 years in a row since the 60s.  Dude is def on of the 5 greatest ever.  Maybe top 3.

But yeah I agree okc has a lot of size and scoring and will be tough to beat.

« Reply #1109 on: May 28, 2016, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

LeBron has another gear we have not seen yet....