Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016  (Read 172309 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2015-2016
« Reply #1065 on: May 28, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Honestly I think Indiana and Washington are the best bets to challenge Bron anytime soon just because they already have George / Wall.  Not sure if any other East team has somebody who seems capable of leaping into the top 5-10 discussion. Maybe the Bulls with Butler, if they can add another big time player somehow.

I expect Giannis to become a superstar within the next couple of years.  Look out for the Bucks!!

I'm not sure how the Celtics are going to get there yet, but I have faith in Danny to put this team in position to compete within the next couple of seasons.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1066 on: May 28, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
How do people now like LeBron? The guy is a legend.

To quote my old friend Harry Callahan: LeBron is a legend in his own mind.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1067 on: May 28, 2016, 03:36:45 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I still don't like him.

But I respect him. And I respect him a lot.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #1068 on: May 28, 2016, 03:42:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I still don't like him.

But I respect him. And I respect him a lot.

That's my take as well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1069 on: May 28, 2016, 03:58:19 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
................Lebron is also smart enough to team up with two other talents and picks a team in the weaker conference.

And Bron Bron certainly agrees with you:

I don't know," James said. "What do you guys want me to do, turn my brain off because I have a huge basketball IQ? If that's what they want me to do, I'm not going to do it because I've got so much to give to the game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14659145/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-calls-perception-undermines-coaches-unfair

« Reply #1070 on: May 28, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly I think Indiana and Washington are the best bets to challenge Bron anytime soon just because they already have George / Wall.  Not sure if any other East team has somebody who seems capable of leaping into the top 5-10 discussion. Maybe the Bulls with Butler, if they can add another big time player somehow.

I expect Giannis to become a superstar within the next couple of years.  Look out for the Bucks!!

I'm not sure how the Celtics are going to get there yet, but I have faith in Danny to put this team in position to compete within the next couple of seasons.

That's a good point, if the Bucks make the right moves and Giannis / Jabari take a step or two toward superstardom, they could challenge Bron.

I think the main thing looking through the teams that challenged LeBron over the last six years, is that there were teams with a lot of balance and teams with one really good player and a strong defense. What was missing is an opponent with multiple top players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1071 on: May 28, 2016, 04:56:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
................Lebron is also smart enough to team up with two other talents and picks a team in the weaker conference.

And Bron Bron certainly agrees with you:

I don't know," James said. "What do you guys want me to do, turn my brain off because I have a huge basketball IQ? If that's what they want me to do, I'm not going to do it because I've got so much to give to the game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14659145/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-calls-perception-undermines-coaches-unfair

Well, he is a smart basketball player that knows how to play. While I can't stand him from a Celtics fan - basketball-POV I recognize his gifts.

If he would've said "I'm a smarter basketball player than Michael, Larry or Magic" I'm sure Celticsblog, Silverscreenandroll and whatever blog CHI Bulls utilize would've went up in collective flames.

Call him conceited but man is smart.

« Reply #1072 on: May 28, 2016, 05:14:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What's more impressive... Lebron making the finals 6 straight years with two different teams ... Or golden state winning 73 regular season games and losing in the WCF.

If the Warriors are eliminated I'll make my decision.
Yeah im saying if the Warriors are eliminated and LeBron still manages to fall short... what's more impressive?   LeBron's 6 straight Finals appearances or Golden State's impressive regular season?

« Reply #1073 on: May 28, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
What's more impressive... Lebron making the finals 6 straight years with two different teams ... Or golden state winning 73 regular season games and losing in the WCF.

Yeah im saying if the Warriors are eliminated and LeBron still manages to fall short... what's more impressive?   LeBron's 6 straight Finals appearances or Golden State's impressive regular season?

Warriors. Look 6 straight finals are impressive but doing it in this conference where your teams are clearly better than the competition makes this an easy choice, at least in my eyes.

« Reply #1074 on: May 28, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I like a lot Indiana's chances next year, esp. if they managed to sing Horford.

Not so sure about Washington tbh. They performed poorly this year. Moreover, Wall is great but not as much of an impact maker as PG IMO.

I like Wall a lot.  With the right mix of teammates I think he could be an MVP candidate.

« Reply #1075 on: May 28, 2016, 07:58:30 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

individual =/= team achievement

but since you posed the question, I would take success in the playoffs over success in the regular season any day.

if GSW fails to win a championship, I can imagine ppl arguing that breaking the record hurt the GSW chances to win a championship this season: it exhausted them physically and it also made them focus too much on the wrong thing.

« Reply #1076 on: May 28, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Think we're gonna see one of the better games of the playoffs tonight.  Warriors and Thunder both playing like it's an elimination game.  Really looking forward to it.

« Reply #1077 on: May 28, 2016, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think it goes to game seven . Curry nails a shot to secure tonight's game is my prediction.

I think OKC takes game 7

« Reply #1078 on: May 28, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If the Warriors lose tonight, I better not hear crap about their regular season record ever again.  And while we are at it, I'm giving their 2015 championship an asterisk since LeBron was playing against them by himself.   They have been blessed with great health for two seasons... They need to get their crap together.

« Reply #1079 on: May 28, 2016, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I think it goes to game seven . Curry nails a shot to secure tonight's game is my prediction.

I think OKC takes game 7
if it goes to 7, Okc is in trouble.  But golden state needs to get it together soon.