Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Hawks (0-0) Game #1 4/16/16  (Read 61292 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Hawis (0-0) Game #1 4/16/16
« Reply #825 on: April 17, 2016, 05:12:56 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Tough loss. I don't know if the comeback in the second half makes it more or less frustrating -  one thing is certain : we can't play like we did in the first half and expect to win playoff games. It's not like we did not know it already but... so frustrating that we lose by 1 point which equals one missed FT by IT.

Also, it sucks because I think that if we had Bradley for the last minutes, especially when we needed a three, the game would have ended very differently. Still, great 4th quarter from Marcus, I'm glad he brought it in the playoffs and shut some people up.

I hope AB can play effectively the next game and that the Celtics attack from the get-go instead of settling for jumpshots - although most of them were wide open.

Also, I just hope that we don't get the crual playoff scheme of "Kyle Korver was awful tonight so yay!" only to lose the next game JUST because Korver suddenly catches fire...

« Reply #826 on: April 17, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
They need to win at least a game or two out of this. I wanted the series as well but we may not have that firepower the Hawks have, especially with AB most likely being a goner. As much as I want a win in ATL Tuesday, which could very well happen given the way they played in the second half, a Garden victory is a MUST IMO. Celtics need some swag. I'm glad that they're becoming a very good regular season team, but now it's time to build a presence in the postseason.

Playoff Smart looks good. He has the potential to have a "Playoff Rondo" presence, the way he can tweak the game when he's on the court. I wish this team were healthy. We'd look a lot better if Crowder and IT weren't as banged up as they are right now. I guess that's what comes with being a team that's still fairly new to the postseason, right?

« Reply #827 on: April 17, 2016, 11:30:18 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Tough loss. I don't know if the comeback in the second half makes it more or less frustrating -  one thing is certain : we can't play like we did in the first half and expect to win playoff games. It's not like we did not know it already but... so frustrating that we lose by 1 point which equals one missed FT by IT.

Also, it sucks because I think that if we had Bradley for the last minutes, especially when we needed a three, the game would have ended very differently. Still, great 4th quarter from Marcus, I'm glad he brought it in the playoffs and shut some people up.

I hope AB can play effectively the next game and that the Celtics attack from the get-go instead of settling for jumpshots - although most of them were wide open.

Also, I just hope that we don't get the crual playoff scheme of "Kyle Korver was awful tonight so yay!" only to lose the next game JUST because Korver suddenly catches fire...

Was Korver really awful though?  Sure, he shot the ball horribly, but he collected a bunch of rebounds, and had a few assists.  Wasn't bad on defense, he played his role.  What he did do, is continue to prevent the Celtics ball-hawking defense from being able to cause havoc in the half-court.  Korver occupies a defender even when he shoots poor.  Nobody ever wants to let him get open and get in a groove.

« Reply #828 on: April 17, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Was Korver really awful though?  Sure, he shot the ball horribly, but he collected a bunch of rebounds, and had a few assists.  Wasn't bad on defense, he played his role.  What he did do, is continue to prevent the Celtics ball-hawking defense from being able to cause havoc in the half-court.  Korver occupies a defender even when he shoots poor.  Nobody ever wants to let him get open and get in a groove.
I think Marcus really bothered Korver, he ran him off so many shots and contested every shot Korver did take. With Bradley out, I could see Smart having to guard Teague/Bazemore more which will benefit Korver.

I thought we attacked Korver with success a ton on defense. The fact that we needed to have a man right on him the entire game spaced the floor for Atlanta. Even if he didn't shoot well his presence on the court really helped their offense. I don't think Baze has the game he does without our defense paying so much attention to Korver.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19