Author Topic: Bulls Front Office: "Anything is on the table" with regard to Butler  (Read 17680 times)

Re: Bulls Front Office: "Anything is on the table" with regard to Butler
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2016, 10:55:51 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Apparently there was some pretty big locker room issues between Jimmy and Noah.

http://www.bigplay.com/bulls-locker-room-split-between-jimmy-buter-joakim-noah/

There seems to be a ton of tension in the Bulls locker room. And a lot of it is centered at Jimmy himself. Makes you wonder, is he gonna cause issues here too?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2016, 11:06:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

There seems to be a ton of tension in the Bulls locker room. And a lot of it is centered at Jimmy himself. Makes you wonder, is he gonna cause issues here too?

At this point, I don't even think it matters. We need the scoring talent, badly, though it worries me that he's not a very reliable shooter.

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Reading the article it seems Butler was right.  He would be a good influence with his work ethic on our younger players.  I'd give up the Brooklyn pick, Smart, our pick, and KO for him without hesitating. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2016, 07:38:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would want his knee checked throughly.

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2016, 07:54:58 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Off Season Moves:

Waive Amir Johnson

Trade - Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Terry Rozier, 2016 BKN Pick, 2016 BOS Pick to Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy

Sign - Al Horford for 4 Years/$107 Million
Sign - Jamal Crawford for 2 Years/$12 Million
Sign - Terrence Jones for 4 Years/$20 Million

Draft - C Damian Jones
Draft - F Ben Bentil
Draft - G Gary Payton II

Roster:
C: Al Horford, Tyler Zeller, Damian Jones
PF: Terrence Jones, Kelly Olynyk, Ben Bentil
SF: Jae Crowder, Mike Dunleavy, James Young
SG: Jimmy Butler, Jamal Crawford, RJ Hunter
PG: Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Gary Payton II

There are so many parts to this post that are either funny or ridiculous (highlighted by the random bold font), but that is an overpay for Butler..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2016, 08:09:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Reading the article it seems Butler was right.  He would be a good influence with his work ethic on our younger players.  I'd give up the Brooklyn pick, Smart, our pick, and KO for him without hesitating.
Yeah it seemed like the vets couldn't get over the fact that the young guy was now the leader and had been handed the keys to the kingdom.  Doesn't surprise me, I've never like Noah and Rose constantly seems like he doesn't care. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:11 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think I'd like to keep Smart out of any deal for Butler. I'm more willing to include Crowder. Whilst he has come on greatly the last 2 years I think we over value him because of the position he plays. If we had greater depth at the 3 we wouldn't be worrying.

Trading Crowder, BRK 16 and some salary filler (Jerebko?)for Butler would be a nice deal for us. There are some good Small Forwards out there this summer. Obviously Durant would be nice, but there is Barnes, Batum, Parsons and even Jeff Green again (did I just say that?).

say we managed to get Barnes at the max, the pick is No.2, that's

Crowder, Ingram, Jerebko going out
Butler, Barnes coming in

I'd take the latter but I can see the argument for both paths.

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2016, 09:45:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smart plus Bulter > Crowder plus Bulter

We NEED Bulter and /or Boogie ......we Need somebody who can PUT the ball in the hole from the TIP off to the finally buzzer . 

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2016, 09:52:30 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
It is a perfect opportunity for the Bulls to hit the restart button.. They can get rid of two injured players in Rose and Noah through FA.. but do they really want to start from nothing getting rid of Butler?

The Celtics would have to offer them a pretty nice package

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Yeah it seemed like the vets couldn't get over the fact that the young guy was now the leader and had been handed the keys to the kingdom.  Doesn't surprise me, I've never like Noah and Rose constantly seems like he doesn't care.

Agreed, Rose seems to have a disgusting personality and Noah doesn't seem too far behind.

No wonder the Bulls ( despite often being among the most deep and talented teams) have never really gotten anywhere far.

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Smart plus Bulter > Crowder plus Bulter

We NEED Bulter and /or Boogie ......we Need somebody who can PUT the ball in the hole from the TIP off to the finally buzzer .

Eh. Smart's shooting on the national spotlight has to have really damaged his value
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2016, 10:43:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We can never know exactly what goes on.

But everything I've ever heard was that Noah is a great locker room guy. Meanwhile Rose was not once he was no longer the player he once was.

Now maybe the environment got toxic, but I think this is just some blame game after the fact. And since Noah is on his way out I think Butler's going to be painted in the better light by "sources".

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

But everything I've ever heard was that Noah is a great locker room guy. Meanwhile Rose was not once he was no longer the player he once was.

Now maybe the environment got toxic, but I think this is just some blame game after the fact. And since Noah is on his way out I think Butler's going to be painted in the better light by "sources".
Noah has always seemed like a KG type personality.  A guy that will pick at younger guys to test them.  Of course, once you lose a step and start taking practices off, you can't keep doing that, especially with the unquestioned best player on the team.  I'm inclined to believe that is what happened here with Noah and Butler. 

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2016, 11:14:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Noah has always seemed like a KG type personality.  A guy that will pick at younger guys to test them.  Of course, once you lose a step and start taking practices off, you can't keep doing that, especially with the unquestioned best player on the team.  I'm inclined to believe that is what happened here with Noah and Butler.
Eh I think this is pretty clearly an attempt try and counter the big wave of negative Butler stories that came out the last month of the season.

Blaming the guy who was hurt and is going to be off the roster is a pretty well established way to approach it.

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Eh I think this is pretty clearly an attempt try and counter the big wave of negative Butler stories that came out the last month of the season.

Blaming the guy who was hurt and is going to be off the roster is a pretty well established way to approach it.
They have had issues for years, though.  This isn't a new development.

Here is something from December for example - http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/chicago-bulls-jimmy-butler-fred-hoiberg-derrick-rose-big-time-problems-in-locker-room-122115