Author Topic: Bulls Front Office: "Anything is on the table" with regard to Butler  (Read 17682 times)

Re: Bulls Front Office: "Anything is on the table" with regard to Butler
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 02:30:02 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Am I the only one that thinks AB + #3 pick is a little too much Value for Butler? Chicago needs throw in a little something extra..

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Am I the only one that thinks AB + #3 pick is a little too much Value for Butler? Chicago needs throw in a little something extra..
Not to curb anyone's enthusiasm, but you should fully expect this pick to end up in the 4-5 range.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 02:38:16 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
smart, brk 3 or lower, dallas for Butler

I want to keep Bradley, he is the best defender in the league to try and defend Curry if we meet them in the finals in the next few years .

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 02:48:39 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Not to curb anyone's enthusiasm, but you should fully expect this pick to end up in the 4-5 range.

Ya Debbie Downah!

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Koz is right; even with the 3rd position, there's a better than 50% chance the pick will fall in the 4-5 range.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 02:51:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I want to keep Bradley, he is the best defender in the league to try and defend Curry if we meet them in the finals in the next few years .

Yeah, I also think Bradley is more of a keeper than Smart.  Has really developed a great stroke. Doubtful we will ever see that from Smart.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 03:02:38 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Koz is right; even with the 3rd position, there's a better than 50% chance the pick will fall in the 4-5 range.

It's basically 50-50 between top 3 and 4-6. Don't understand the pessimism on this.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Koz is wrong. He said we should "fully expect" that pick in the 4-5 range.  I'm only half-expecting it.

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 03:03:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd be happy to grab Butler, but I think he's a tad overrated.

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 03:04:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Yeah, I also think Bradley is more of a keeper than Smart.  Has really developed a great stroke. Doubtful we will ever see that from Smart.

I agree with trading Smart and keeping AB only if AB will except the 6th man role. If he excepts it then this team becomes special.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
How about Nets pick if it's pick 4 or worse and the 2017 Nets pick and Mavs 2016. This way we can hold onto Smart.

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 03:24:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Crowder's injury actually may have been a blessing in disguise as it took a little attention off of him and enhanced Bradley's value a bit (Portland and GSW, especially). I love what Bradley brings to this team, but would much rather hold on to Crowder.

Smart kind-of sucking lately also probably solidified the preference from other teams between Bradley and him.

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Koz is wrong. He said we should "fully expect" that pick in the 4-5 range.  I'm only half-expecting it.

I took "fully expect" to mean, "You should prepare yourselves for this happening."

Which is my philosophy also.  I'll start dreaming about how Brad Stevens builds a top 5 offense around Ben Simmons after the lottery, if that's how things shake out.

Otherwise, I'll be watching Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray highlights  8).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I took "fully expect" to mean, "You should prepare yourselves for this happening."

Which is my philosophy also.  I'll start dreaming about how Brad Stevens builds a top 5 offense around Ben Simmons after the lottery, if that's how things shake out.

Otherwise, I'll be watching Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray highlights  8).

I'd say look at highlights for the top 1-5 prospects. Otherwise I think what he meant by fully expect is that it's an almost guarantee which I don't agree with.

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

It's basically 50-50 between top 3 and 4-6. Don't understand the pessimism on this.

I suspect a big part of it is the history of poor luck the Celts have with the lottery.

Personally, I'm not pessimistic, I just don't want to get my hopes up.  Trying to get stoked about the 4th or 5th pick helps with that.
- Mark Twain