Author Topic: Celtics are JV team of playoffs  (Read 7625 times)

Celtics are JV team of playoffs
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Let's get this started early. Celtics peaked when Crowder was a dependable shooter and Olynyk caught fire for a stretch. Both of these guys are out of rhythm and IT can't get this done by himself. ET is put into a spot where he has to do too much. Smart can't be productive because we can't keep pace to make his defensive capabilities matter.

This team is in a whole lot of trouble if Crowder or Olynyk don't get going soon.

Could be a 4-1 and out in first round.

Re: Celtics are JV team of playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Celts are going to be a bottom 4 seed in the playoffs and yeah, in the East, that generally means you've got no shot at making the Finals and will be lucky to win more than one game in the 1st round.

None of this affects the lottery or the Celts cap space this summer, though, so that's good.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:51:46 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
Reality is sinking in.

Unless Crowder can find his rhythm and Olynyk can give us something again.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 08:53:37 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Celts are going to be a bottom 4 seed in the playoffs and yeah, in the East, that generally means you've got no shot at making the Finals and will be lucky to win more than one game in the 1st round.

None of this affects the lottery or the Celts cap space this summer, though, so that's good.

Thank God for the Nets pick...

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Let's get this started early. Celtics peaked when Crowder was a dependable shooter and Olynyk caught fire for a stretch. Both of these guys are out of rhythm and IT can't get this done by himself. ET is put into a spot where he has to do too much. Smart can't be productive because we can't keep pace to make his defensive capabilities matter.

This team is in a whole lot of trouble if Crowder or Olynyk don't get going soon.

"IT can't get this done by himself." What has IT done? He's been just as nonexistent and horrible as Crowder and Turner during this stretch.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well they have the least amount of talent.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 09:06:06 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford

"IT can't get this done by himself." What has IT done? He's been just as nonexistent and horrible as Crowder and Turner during this stretch.
the Defense is easily caving on him. No one is pulling defenders off of him. He's also having to do too much cause no one is helping. Blaming IT is just wrong. He's the only dependable player we have. He just can't get any help from his teammates.

I did pick up some resentment you have for IT. You probably have a bias for Smart or someone and don't like IT.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

the Defense is easily caving on him. No one is pulling defenders off of him. He's also having to do too much cause no one is helping. Blaming IT is just wrong. He's the only dependable player we have. He just can't get any help from his teammates.

I did pick up some resentment you have for IT. You probably have a bias for Smart or someone and don't like IT.

IT is 1-9 and horrible defensively this half (though the team as a whole has) and has been pretty terrible all-around the last three games. No, blaming IT is not wrong, especially when he's our "star" and supposed leader.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

IT is 1-9 and horrible defensively this half (though the team as a whole has) and has been pretty terrible all-around the last three games. No, blaming IT is not wrong, especially when he's our "star" and supposed leader.

I was down on IT for a long time but this year he has earned my respect, I'll admit I was wrong about him if he plays well in the playoffs. If he gets owned again he's trade bait!

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:12:53 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
IT has been consistently solid all year.

Crowder and Olynyk have been off since coming back from injury.

IT can't do it all. He needs help. Earlier in the season the team would keep us in games when IT was off but IT would always eventually show up in the second half. This can't happen when his teammates can't shoot.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Remember when we were up by 12 against the hawks and the guys were playing well. Did IT have to do too much and ballhog his way into deatroying the team's flow? Im sorry but this crap is ITs fault. If im gonna praise him when they are doing well i sure as hell gonna blame him when thinga are bad

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

I was down on IT for a long time but this year he has earned my respect, I'll admit I was wrong about him if he plays well in the playoffs. If he gets owned again he's trade bait!

He's going to get smothered again without any help.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Thank God for the Nets pick...

Seriously Essel. Tp Bro man.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Cleveland and Toronto are clearly better, but we are just as good as any other team in the East.  It's just a couple of bad games.  Better to get that out of the way now than next week.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Cleveland and Toronto are clearly better, but we are just as good as any other team in the East.  It's just a couple of bad games.  Better to get that out of the way now than next week.

TP for your optimism bro. I was thinking the same during the Charlotte game but now I'm not so sure.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about