Author Topic: Celtics wouldn't include Crowder in a deal for Butler  (Read 5034 times)

Celtics wouldn't include Crowder in a deal for Butler
« on: April 13, 2016, 12:49:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/overcalculating-underestimating-everything-went-wrong-bulls-season

Yes, the Bulls did inquire to a couple teams at the trade deadline about Butler and Rose, along with Pau Gasol, league sources tell CSNChicago.com. They had preliminary discussions with the Orlando Magic and Boston Celtics, but when the Celtics wouldn’t put promising forward Jae Crowder in their package of picks and players, there was no realistic possibility of a trade.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Celtics wouldn't include Crowder in a deal for Butler
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
I read that as Chicago asking for the moon.  "Wouldn't put... Crowder in their package of picks and players" tells me that the Bulls want a ton.  I don't think it necessarily means the Cs overvalue Crowder.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 01:12:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kind of makes sense.  If Chicago was asking for, at a minimum, Crowder plus the 2016 BRK pick, that's quite a lot for Butler.

Crowder's a role player, but he's a very solid player at a position of scarcity, and his contract is a screaming bargain.  Maybe one of the best value non-rookie contracts in the league. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I believe the goal in trading for Butler is to pair him with Crowder. I have mentioned this before but if the Cs can land Butler (who may or may not be at odds with Hoiberg) for Smart, Picks and any other player other than IT, AB or Crowder then the Cs are on a championship path. For the sake of speculation lets say the Cs trade Nets pick #3-#5, Mavs pick #16, Smart and a future 1st. 

In my opinion the key to that roster would be Ab moving to 6th man. I think the addition of Butler would put the Cs out in front for Horford. Even if a FA big man is not added and the Cs just resign Sully and retain Amir the key will be their small ball lineup.

IT, AB , Butler Crowder and a big man is an elite small ball group. With Sully at the 5 they are ECF contenders add Horford and you are a championship team.     
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Ainge is right to hold out.  Chicago should be willing to take picks for Butler given their situation.

This is a trade that could be revived, especially after the lottery shakes out.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Butler is too good and too young for the Bulls to actually want to part with him, so any deal would probably hinge on him actually being at odds with management but if they started conversations with the Celtics at all about him, that bodes well for us.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: REPORT: Celtics weren't willing to trade Jae Crowder to the Bulls
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 01:42:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I remember not being willing to include Rondo in the KG trade. 

But honestly, I would rather wait to see how the ping pong balls fall before trading this year's nets pick. 

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 01:54:03 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Good. Crowder should be off the table with most if not all trade talks.

We'd need to be getting a superstar 3 to give up Crowder in a deal (I.E. Durant/Paul George etc.)

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
You gotta figure that Brooklyn pick more valuable now then when they made the offer and after May 17th the value may double. I wouldn't be surprised if we can work something out with Chicago and still keep Crowder. I'm sure Butler would love to play along side Crowder again.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 02:01:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rondo for Crowder was the find of the year for DA.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Butler is too good and too young for the Bulls to actually want to part with him, so any deal would probably hinge on him actually being at odds with management but if they started conversations with the Celtics at all about him, that bodes well for us.

Not sure what age defines "too young". By the start of next season, Butler will be 27. That's young but not "too young".

Also, it sounds to me like Butler is starting to get on everyone's nerves in Chicago, so get hyped!

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
You gotta figure that Brooklyn pick more valuable now then when they made the offer and after May 17th the value may double. I wouldn't be surprised if we can work something out with Chicago and still keep Crowder. I'm sure Butler would love to play along side Crowder again.

This is my best guess at Danny's thinking too.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 02:58:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ainge is right to hold out.  Chicago should be willing to take picks for Butler given their situation.

They don't have to do anything.

They can hold out and hope to bring in ket FAs. They will have money once they shed Gasol and Noah salaries

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 03:06:09 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

They don't have to do anything.

They can hold out and hope to bring in ket FAs. They will have money once they shed Gasol and Noah salaries

And neither do we.  We can bring in key free agents and be careful assuming Chicago will when they have a cheap owner. Which is why we should hold out Crowder from the deal.  We have no reason to overpay on this one.

Butler is 27 and the Bulls don't have that much hope for the future.  We have leverage in the situation. 
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford