Author Topic: Heat (47-33) at Celtics (47-34) Game #82 4/13/16  (Read 44586 times)

Re: Heat (47-33) at Celtics (47-34) Game #82 4/13/16
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2016, 12:24:58 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I AM reading this thread, and it looks as if we won. Did we win????

EDIT: How did we win?

Absolutely incredible transition defense.

Avery Bradley clutch hoops.   Olynyk clutch plays.   Turner midrange.   Amir guarding everyone.   IT late.   

The third quarter was the best single stretch of Celtic basketball of the season, imho
w
Just got home from THE GAME.  It was an amazing comeback. That third quarter was as perfect defense as I have seen in a long time. A lot happened with Smart on the floor instead of IT. The lineup of Smart, Turner, Jerebko, Olynyk, Amir did great things.

« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2016, 12:27:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's mind boggling how bad Smart is at basketball.

You have got to be kidding me...

It is truly incredible how terrible you are at posting.

What an absolute joke...

You think you are smarter than Brad Stevens, apparently.

The starting PG of my college team was far more talented than Smart. The backup PG was probably better as well. Smart is just large, and he's a great competitor... but I'd much prefer to see him on the Pats than the Celts. He sucks at basketball. Sorry to be the one to rain on your parade. There's a thing called talent that he's sorely lacking. This concept is somehow hard to understand for some people and I don't understand why.

Good thing youre not the coach or gm then. Absolute Smart hater.

thank you.

Id love to here what college that was.

Is it that hard to believe? Do you realize how many guys at the D1 college level are more talented than Smart? There are guys at your local YMCA, depending on where you live, that may be as talented.

Dude. Stop. Your comments have no significance anymore.

It's a serious and carefully worded question. If you didn't play at that level and are not sure, you can simply say that and move on. If you have, then you surely realize there are a lot of D1 players that end up overseas, due to lack of size, that are much more offensively talented than Smart.

Why is that so upsetting to you? He's just a person. Great defender and competitor. I actually like him as a whole, type of guy you love on your team but hate on any other. It's just surprising how offensively inept he is. He hasn't developed offensively at all since college.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2016, 12:28:17 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

What an absolute joke...

The starting PG of my college team was far more talented than Smart. The backup PG was probably better as well. Smart is just large, and he's a great competitor... but I'd much prefer to see him on the Pats than the Celts. He sucks at basketball. Sorry to be the one to rain on your parade. There's a thing called talent that he's sorely lacking. This concept is somehow hard to understand for some people and I don't understand why.

thank you.

Is it that hard to believe? Do you realize how many guys at the D1 college level are more talented than Smart? There are guys at your local YMCA, depending on where you live, that may be as talented.

name the college man.
he was the #1 ranked sg in the nation out of high school. He received a 97 grade from ESPN. He was Big 12 POY and then was a 2nd team all american. Then he got picked 6th overall.

But you are right man. There are more talented kids at the YMCA. Absolutely.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2016, 12:32:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
I watched parts of the first half of this one, but decided that it was over. Shut off the game.

The Celtics have only come back from being down 24 at one other time in their history. My brother was at that game and left at halftime.

Mike
Well I am never going to a game with you guys.  ;D  Seriously, I was at the game tonight and I told my buddy that if it looks this bad after the 3rd quarter that I would leave early. No way I was leaving after that great 3rd quarter of defense.

I once left an extra innings game at Fenway and Jim Rice hit a grand slam to win it.

« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2016, 12:34:54 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

What an absolute joke...

thank you.

name the college man.
he was the #1 ranked sg in the nation out of high school. He received a 97 grade from ESPN. He was Big 12 POY and then was a 2nd team all american. Then he got picked 6th overall.

I thought this board was full of lawyers. This is very carefully worded: He lacks talent.

You're right... he made it. He has succeeded at every level. Why? Because he has great size and he's a great competitor. That doesn't change the fact that he can't dribble, shoot, or make plays. That hit footwork offensively sucks. That he has way too much movement on his shot, release is too slow, selection is generally horrible, and he isn't developing any crafty ways to score despite his lack of size.

The fact that he sucks so bad offensively in the NBA only serves to prove my point. He succeeded due to size and athleticism. He still has that at this level, even(!), he's just now on a more even playing field. That's why he looks so bad. Zero talent to fall back on...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2016, 12:47:16 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

What an absolute joke...

thank you.

name the college man.

I thought this board was full of lawyers. This is very carefully worded: He lacks talent.

You're right... he made it. He has succeeded at every level. Why? Because he has great size and he's a great competitor. That doesn't change the fact that he can't dribble, shoot, or make plays. That hit footwork offensively sucks. That he has way too much movement on his shot, release is too slow, selection is generally horrible, and he isn't developing any crafty ways to score despite his lack of size.

The fact that he sucks so bad offensively in the NBA only serves to prove my point. He succeeded due to size and athleticism. He still has that at this level, even(!), he's just now on a more even playing field. That's why he looks so bad. Zero talent to fall back on...
Talent is hard to define. How are you defining it?

I think Marcus Smart is a bad scorer with no natural scoring talent who is very talented in every other aspect of the game. Hes a defensive savant and I think a very good passer.

Ill grant you that he lacks offensive talent, but I think you are stupid if you think you can walk into a YMCA and find guys more talented than Marcus Smart. I also find it unlikely that your schools back up pg was "better" than Marcus Smart.

You cant just make that claim and then not list the guy.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #441 on: April 14, 2016, 01:51:49 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
As much as  I hate to say it the C's should have tanked this game and taken the 6th seed.  Number #1 they play Miami who they can beat and #2 they would be on the opposite side of Cleveland. 

« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

What an absolute joke...

thank you.

It's a serious and carefully worded question. If you didn't play at that level and are not sure, you can simply say that and move on. If you have, then you surely realize there are a lot of D1 players that end up overseas, due to lack of size, that are much more offensively talented than Smart.

Why is that so upsetting to you? He's just a person. Great defender and competitor. I actually like him as a whole, type of guy you love on your team but hate on any other. It's just surprising how offensively inept he is. He hasn't developed offensively at all since college.

Stop changing your mind. First you say he lacks TALENT. Now you backtrack to OFFENSIVE talent. I think you're much more correct that he is a limited offensive player. But in your past posts all you say was that he lacks talent straight up.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #443 on: April 14, 2016, 02:20:33 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I just woke U.K. And read the first 8 pages and now the last one. We Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing won?

« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
I just woke U.K. And read the first 8 pages and now the last one. We ****ing won?
Darn right, best comeback of the season by any team, I believe.  Not sure what the p---ing match is about but will ignore it.

« Reply #445 on: April 14, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I watched parts of the first half of this one, but decided that it was over. Shut off the game.

The Celtics have only come back from being down 24 at one other time in their history. My brother was at that game and left at halftime.

Mike
Well I am never going to a game with you guys.  ;D  Seriously, I was at the game tonight and I told my buddy that if it looks this bad after the 3rd quarter that I would leave early. No way I was leaving after that great 3rd quarter of defense.

I once left an extra innings game at Fenway and Jim Rice hit a grand slam to win it.

Can't say I blame you! ;)

I ended up selling my tickets last night but look forward to the playoff games!

Mike