Author Topic: What if: Nets call asking our interest in Lopez  (Read 3290 times)

Re: Nets call asking our interest in Lopez
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 07:29:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Probably so.

Pretty much tanks them for next year .
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:07:26 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 12:28:44 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think if that's what it took to get Lopez I'd try to get a 3rd team involved and route Lopez there. Maybe Chicago would like to pair him with Rose? Or the Grizz want to get a bit younger and move Gasol to us? With some extra parts from usof course

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
If you can get Lopez for a package like that you either do it or route him to a 3rd team like the poster above said. Continuing to deplete the Nets roster should still be a priority.

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 12:59:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd do it.

I'd go as far as to say that if the Brooklyn pick lands outside of the top 3, I'd use that instead of the Dallas and Boston first rounders along with anyone Brooklyn wants that is not named Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley, just to make it simple and more enticing for the Nets.

Dude is a 20 point scorer on any given night, and played a relatively healthy season, which gives enough optimism that he could stay healthy. I'd take him .

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Say the Nets decide to really start over before the draft and call up Ainge and make the following offer:

Johnson, Jerekbo, Dallas, Boston

for

Lopez

Do you do it?  Boston doesn't really need the mid 1st rounders but would lose cap flexibility.  I suspect Brooklyn would keep all 4 players so they would get a lot of depth (though no one as good as Lopez), which may hurt our future picks (or it might not).  So is that a trade you make before the draft.

YES

Re: What if: Nets call asking our interest in Lopez
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Say the Nets decide to really start over before the draft and call up Ainge and make the following offer:

Johnson, Jerekbo, Dallas, Boston

for

Lopez

Do you do it?  Boston doesn't really need the mid 1st rounders but would lose cap flexibility.  I suspect Brooklyn would keep all 4 players so they would get a lot of depth (though no one as good as Lopez), which may hurt our future picks (or it might not).  So is that a trade you make before the draft.
I'd make it. I wouldn't have to love it