Author Topic: Potential trade candidates for a #3 pick?  (Read 4271 times)

Potential trade candidates for a #3 pick?
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Considering the 47% likelihood of having a top 3 pick, I wanted to consider the worse scenario.
Especially in a very top-heavy draft class, the trade likelihood for the number 3 pick seems pretty high. I just wanted to throw out some players that might be of equal value for the 3rd pick-straight up, in no particular order. Not saying that Boston should make any of these trades, but I think each team would listen to calls on these guys. The only commonality is that they're from rebuilding/struggling teams, as well as fit Boston's needs (i.e., no more guards)

• Jahlil Okafor
  • Nerlens Noel
  • Jabari Parker
  • Greg Monroe
  • Mario Hezonja
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • Julius Randle
  • Rudy Gay
  • Rodney Hood
  • Danilo Gallinari
  • Kenneth Faried
  • Brook Lopez
  • Jimmy Butler
  • Otto Porter

Thoughts? Am I missing some players?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:33:19 PM by coffee425 »
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Potential trade candidates for a #3 pick?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Cross out Rudy Gay, Hood, Porter.

Also, you put Lopez twice!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
Cross out Rudy Gay, Hood, Porter.

Also, you put Lopez twice!

WHOOPS! thanks for the catch.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 03:47:22 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I think you can include Kevin Love as well.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think many of those potential trade partners would disagree that you could make a trade for the #3 straight up.  Also, teams over the cap must match salaries within 25%

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I think we could get D. Cousins with that pick. And hopefully then sell Durant on signing here, which IMO would be the best place for him to win championships and add to a great legacy.

Here are a few reasons:
- Picks 1 and 2 IMO are currently more valuable than Cousins contract especiaslly bc of attitude problems, but IMO the Celts org and CBS would be the best environment for him to give 100%
- Cousins relationship with the organization is beyond repair and only getting worse. So holding onto him is lessening his value
- They need to start completely over and asap
-The Kings extended Vlade and Cousins will def not re-sign there no matter what because the organization is a mess and the team is hopeless.

So we get Cousins (the best Center in the NBA and perfect for CBS system) for essentially just 1 DRAFT PICK! We then keep our players and really give nothing up except if we need to match salaries, which we could do Amir/ JJ. Also we may be able to do some sort of TE if we absorb cousins contract.

Then sign Durant. We would be the best team in the league for years to come and walk through the Eastern Conf. to the finals every year( probably).

Also we could sign one or maybe 2 All-stars in FA 2017. Ibaka and Westbrook are FA then too and they could possibly all reunite. It would take good moves on Ainge's part and would help if we had TE's.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
I think you can include Kevin Love as well.

I couldnt include winning teams. Likelihood of a big trade is too low.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
I think many of those potential trade partners would disagree that you could make a trade for the #3 straight up.  Also, teams over the cap must match salaries within 25%

I just assumed we would have salary filler to throw in.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
I think we could get D. Cousins with that pick. And hopefully then sell Durant on signing here, which IMO would be the best place for him to win championships and add to a great legacy.

Here are a few reasons:
- Picks 1 and 2 IMO are currently more valuable than Cousins contract especiaslly bc of attitude problems, but IMO the Celts org and CBS would be the best environment for him to give 100%
- Cousins relationship with the organization is beyond repair and only getting worse. So holding onto him is lessening his value
-The Kings extended Vlade and Cousins will def not re-sign there no matter what because the organization is a mess and the team is hopeless.

So we get Cousins (the best Center in the NBA and perfect for CBS system) for essentially just 1 DRAFT PICK! We then keep our players and really give nothing up except if we need to match salaries, which we could do Amir/ JJ. Also we may be able to do some sort of TE if we absorb cousins contract.

Then sign Durant. We would be the best team in the league for years to come and walk through the Eastern Conf. to the finals every year( probably).

Also we could sign one or maybe 2 All-stars in FA 2017. Ibaka and Westbrook are FA then too and they could possibly all reunite. It would take good moves on Ainge's part and would help if we had TE's.

Cant hate on this plan! I think they would def give you some ownership stake if you go and pull this off.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Here are a few reasons:

Cant hate on this plan! I think they would def give you some ownership stake if you go and pull this off.
I just need to be the owner outright. But hopefully Ainge sees this and hires some insane marketing/sales team to present Durant when he visits here.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 08:58:14 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Considering the 47% likelihood of having a top 3 pick, I wanted to consider the worse scenario.
Especially in a very top-heavy draft class, the trade likelihood for the number 3 pick seems pretty high. I just wanted to throw out some players that might be of equal value for the 3rd pick-straight up, in no particular order. Not saying that Boston should make any of these trades, but I think each team would listen to calls on these guys. The only commonality is that they're from rebuilding/struggling teams, as well as fit Boston's needs (i.e., no more guards)

• Jahlil Okafor
  • Nerlens Noel
  • Jabari Parker
  • Greg Monroe
  • Mario Hezonja
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • Julius Randle
  • Rudy Gay
  • Rodney Hood
  • Danilo Gallinari
  • Kenneth Faried
  • Brook Lopez
  • Jimmy Butler
  • Otto Porter

Thoughts? Am I missing some players?

On your list these are the only ones I might be interested in for a straight pick for player and a filler like Jerebko or Johnson.  Everybody else on your list isn't worth it or past prime, or hasn't shown enough.  Even the top 3 here are a chance and Butler is the only sure lock but they wouldn't do it straight for the pick an cash fillers. 

Jahlil Okafor
Nerlens Noel
Jabari Parker
Jimmy Butler

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 09:00:34 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would rather draft Bender and have him bust than add Lopez or Gay.  They would just kill our flexibility and they're not going to win us anything of note.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Kind of a weird list. You've got Butler and Jabari, but also guys like Gay, Monroe, and Porter, for whom trading this pick would be insane.

Jahlil Okafor- probably not
Nerlens Noel- strong maybe
Jabari Parker- yes
Greg Monroe- no
Mario Hezonja- strong maybe
Carmelo Anthony- probably not
Julius Randle- nope
Rudy Gay- maybe...if they throw in DMC, otherwise, not a chance
Rodney Hood- no
Danilo Gallinari- no
Kenneth Faried- no way
Brook Lopez- nope
Jimmy Butler- in a heartbeat
Otto Porter- nope
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 10:11:27 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Not really.  If we're acquiring the player, we could absorb them into our cap space (after the July moratorium ends) without sending them any salary.  Teams over the cap can't take in more than 125% of the salary they send out, but they can send out as much as they want without bringing any in (and would in most cases create a trade exception)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:01 PM »

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Kevin Love