Author Topic: Hornets (46-34) at Celtics (47-33) Game #81 4/11/16  (Read 27648 times)

Re: Hornets (46-34) at Celtics (47-33) Game #81 4/11/16
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2016, 09:55:48 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I hope Danny is realizing this team needs shooters.

He did a nice job of assembling gritty bball players but we need shooters now.

We need talent. Grit is nice to an extent. You can't always win with grit. Talent wins vs grit.

This is an odd thing to say after losing to an exceptionally hard-working, well-coached Charlotte team.

This is an odd counter argument after watching our team the whole season and seeing what happens when we lack talent.

Winning 47-48 games and making the playoffs?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2016, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

We need talent. Grit is nice to an extent. You can't always win with grit. Talent wins vs grit.

This is an odd thing to say after losing to an exceptionally hard-working, well-coached Charlotte team.

This is an odd counter argument after watching our team the whole season and seeing what happens when we lack talent.

Winning 47-48 games and making the playoffs?
if stated at the start of the year everyone would have been happy.  :)

sometimes a team play a p--- poor game. i dont think this is indicative of the celtics playing ability. no more than one great game shows who a team is.

move one, another night another game.

oh, and i wonder if someone will be starting a "free hunter" thread soon.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

This game was an utter and absolute embarrassment, and there is no other way to put it.

Boston didn't lose this game because Charlotte is good.  Boston lost this game because every player on the team (bar Olynyk, Bradley and to an extent Thomas) played like they were half asleep.

There was absolutely NO effort on defence - it's disgraceful the number of absolutely wide open threes they got, without even the slightest hint of an attempt to contest.  It's embarrassing the amount of wide open layups they got without any attempt to contest. 

To make matters worse our guys played carelessly and were turning the ball over like it was a hot potato. 

We were controlling this game for most of the first half and SHOULD have won it if we played with grit, with care, and with effort. 

This game and the Hawks game were both must-win games against the type of teams we might potentially face in the playoffs.  I can live with losing by 1 point to the Hawks, but we were down by more than 30 points at one stage in this game, and that is embarassing.  The Hornets are not a better team then us, we didn't have any players out with injuries, and we were playing at home.  This might be the most embarrassing loss of the year, and leaves me deeply concerned about how we are going to respond in must-win games come playoff time.

« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Forget talking about second-round Cavs. If they got blown out at home by the Bobcats of all teams, this team is gonna get creamed in the first-round...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2016, 01:42:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

This game was an utter and absolute embarrassment, and there is no other way to put it.

Boston didn't lose this game because Charlotte is good.  Boston lost this game because every player on the team (bar Olynyk, Bradley and to an extent Thomas) played like they were half asleep.

There was absolutely NO effort on defence - it's disgraceful the number of absolutely wide open threes they got, without even the slightest hint of an attempt to contest.  It's embarrassing the amount of wide open layups they got without any attempt to contest. 

To make matters worse our guys played carelessly and were turning the ball over like it was a hot potato. 

We were controlling this game for most of the first half and SHOULD have won it if we played with grit, with care, and with effort. 

This game and the Hawks game were both must-win games against the type of teams we might potentially face in the playoffs.  I can live with losing by 1 point to the Hawks, but we were down by more than 30 points at one stage in this game, and that is embarassing.  The Hornets are not a better team then us, we didn't have any players out with injuries, and we were playing at home.  This might be the most embarrassing loss of the year, and leaves me deeply concerned about how we are going to respond in must-win games come playoff time.
I was at the game and completely agree that they showed no effort.  Charlotte out hustled them in all regards.  never saw the D be so lackadaisical

« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

What happened is we won quite a number of games against teams that were theoretically more talented than us.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."