Would you sign Pau Gasol?

yes, definitely
8 (32%)
no way jose
10 (40%)
if we dont land anyone better, why not?
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Would you sign Pau Gasol?  (Read 1965 times)

Would you sign Pau Gasol?
« on: April 10, 2016, 04:14:30 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
There's been some rumors of Gasol and the Bulls not exactly working out this year.

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/pau-gasol-free-agency/

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop  Apr 8
Despite what both sides said publicly at trade deadline, the surprise now will be if Pau Gasol is on Bulls next season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-noah-gasol-bulls-focus-spt-0409-20160408-story.html

would any of you guys want to sign Gasol in the offseason, if we can't land the bigger fish? I know hes getting old, but his game has still been elite, can get you 17 and 10 any night. the only problem could be defense. bulls fans (especially when we played them this year) were always complaining about Gasol's defense (or lack thereof).

EDIT: added a poll
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:21:01 PM by alldaboston »
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Would you sign Pau Gasol?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/996/pau-gasol

the guy is really the model of consistency. look at those year by year stats!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not really. Gasol is an absolutely atrocious defender and seems to put up hollow numbers. The Bulls have been a better team with him off the court.

Last night was a prime example. Cristiano Felicio, yeah a Brazilian rookie no one has ever heard of, outplayed Gasol. Hoiberg finally deciding to play Felicio down the stretch was a key to the Bulls beating the Cavs.

Gasol might be okay in a bench role, but I would not spend any considerable resources on him.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Not really. Gasol is an absolutely atrocious defender and seems to put up hollow numbers. The Bulls have been a better team with him off the court.

Last night was a prime example. Cristiano Felicio, yeah a Brazilian rookie no one has ever heard of, outplayed Gasol. Hoiberg finally deciding to play Felicio down the stretch was a key to the Bulls beating the Cavs.

Gasol might be okay in a bench role, but I would not spend any considerable resources on him.

eh, hes 10th in the league in DRPM. though, i havent watched him play a lot this year, so i could be wrong. but yeah, i also read something about this felicio kid and that he outplayed gasol. so i see where you're coming from.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 04:54:24 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

eh, hes 10th in the league in DRPM. though, i havent watched him play a lot this year, so i could be wrong. but yeah, i also read something about this felicio kid and that he outplayed gasol. so i see where you're coming from.

Many Bulls fans were complaining about Gasol's defense, so I believe there's some truth to it.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Nope. Too old. Too slow. Would hurt Boston's team defense significantly due to inability to defend away from the basket on team defense.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 05:41:13 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Gasol is still freaking awesome.  Maybe he's a little stale on that Bulls team, but Pau is great.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Short term and for little money?  Sure, why not.

Long term or for big money?  No thanks, I'll pass
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 06:02:08 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Under the right circumstances, Gasol would be a terrific veteran presence who can still play. I don't expect him to continue putting up 17-11 seasons but if we had an opening at the center position I'd love to have him on a team-friendly deal. But I'm definitely not shelling out any kind of big money for a guy his age expecting him to play 35 minutes a game.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 06:03:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
On a cheap, short-term contract, sure.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'd certainly sign him on some sort of overpaid short term deal assuming we can't get any younger stars via free agency. Maybe a max deal with non-guaranteed years like Johnson and Jerbenko's deals.

If we got Durant or another star, I might consider going more guaranteed years in the interest of winning now.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd be happy to give him a 1-year deal, even a rich 1-year deal if we don't have a better use for the money this summer. He still has some game, but he won't have it long.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He is a Laker. NO, as a matter of principle. People need to start learning that once you fight with Vichy France, that's it. You're out. Never.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
He is not getting younger