Author Topic: Forget Bender, Draft Ante Zizic  (Read 20903 times)

Re: Forget Bender, Draft Ante Zizic
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 08:35:11 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ivica-Zubac-73314/

This Zubac kid sounds raw, but might be a draft and stash option as well.

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 08:44:12 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I really like Zizic. From DX:

He gets quite a bit of his offense rolling and cutting to the basket, where he has excellent timing, hands and touch and will often finish plays above the rim emphatically, which he seems to enjoy doing. His effort on the court might be the best thing he offers, as he is incredibly physical...

He's also a willing and competitive defender...

needs to continue to improve his offensive polish, particularly in terms of his footwork, awareness and ability to use countermoves when his initial attempts are cut off...

just 15 assists on the season, compared with 66 turnovers...

The success that other highly productive Adriatic League big men, such as Nikola Pekovic, Nikola Jokic and Jusuf Nurkic, are having in the NBA right now should help his draft stock, as he's been similarly productive to those three at the same age.

Indeed, I think he actually has better physical tools than any of Pekovic, Jokic and Nurkic. He's big, strong, long, and athletic. He could easily be a candidate with the Mavs pick (although I still like Jeanne a bit better).

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 08:59:50 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
DE thinks Jeanne will be in next year's draft.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 09:01:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Smitty77
Zubac and zipser (who is like a Jerebko)

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 09:31:28 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Smitty77

If Thon Maker is eligible he will likely go in the same range (20-30). Who would be a better draft and stash with our pick? Maker or Zizic.

I think Zizic has the chance of being a late round steal like a Vucevic, Jocic, or Nurkic.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 09:40:13 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
im surprised no ones talked about him
On draftexpress he is listed at #25 below Zubac
I think he is better than zubac despite lacking zubac's athleticism and physical tools
And much more likely to become at least serviceable player compared to bender

he just needs more offensive polishing and needs to pass better
already a great rebounder and good defender around the rim and perimeter
I agree. Zizic looks like a considerably better prospect than Zubac. From that part of the draft, I'd like Zizic or Sabonis -- not interested in Zimmerman or Stone.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think he is better than zubac despite lacking zubac's athleticism and physical tools

I agree. Zizic looks like a considerably better prospect than Zubac. From that part of the draft, I'd like Zizic or Sabonis -- not interested in Zimmerman or Stone.
Can you explain liking Zizic over Zubac? I read scouting reports on both and it seemed like Zubac's game fits in the modern NBA more than Zizic, but since all I've read are scouting reports I'd love to have your opinion and could be easily convinced.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I have stated on posts before then I really like the idea of Bender with the Nets pick and Zizic with the Cs pick. Long term it can only help their development being together.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 01:01:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Smitty77
Zubac and zipser (who is like a Jerebko)

Triboy, would like your list of top big men in this draft, in order.  I guess Sabonis is your favorite, if you call him a big. What is your order after that??

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm interested in Juan Hernangomez

Quote from: DraftExpress
Halfway through the ACB regular season, it's safe to say that 20-year old Juan Hernangomez (also called Juancho Hernangomez) has been the revelation of the Spanish league thus far. The 6'9 face-up power forward is putting up historic numbers with Estudiantes for a player his age. His 11.3 points ranks as the highest per game scoring average for a player under 21 since Rudy Fernandez's 13.7 ten years ago. Additionally, his 20.6 PER ranks is second best in the last decade as well (behind Nikola Mirotic), eclipsing some big names (Ricky Rubio, Tiago Splitter, Serge Ibaka, Kristaps Porzingis, Ersan Ilyasova, and his older brother Guillermo/Willy [drafted by the Knicks last June]) in the process so far.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Can you explain liking Zizic over Zubac? I read scouting reports on both and it seemed like Zubac's game fits in the modern NBA more than Zizic, but since all I've read are scouting reports I'd love to have your opinion and could be easily convinced.
Zizic seems to have been the more productive player in the same league. Also, I like big men who play with effort ;) Also not sure what to make of the potential NBA transition of someone who is considered a late bloomer in a second-tier European league.

I've only taken a very cursory look on both though, so perhaps take me with a grain of salt here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Halfway through the ACB regular season, it's safe to say that 20-year old Juan Hernangomez (also called Juancho Hernangomez) has been the revelation of the Spanish league thus far. The 6'9 face-up power forward is putting up historic numbers with Estudiantes for a player his age. His 11.3 points ranks as the highest per game scoring average for a player under 21 since Rudy Fernandez's 13.7 ten years ago. Additionally, his 20.6 PER ranks is second best in the last decade as well (behind Nikola Mirotic), eclipsing some big names (Ricky Rubio, Tiago Splitter, Serge Ibaka, Kristaps Porzingis, Ersan Ilyasova, and his older brother Guillermo/Willy [drafted by the Knicks last June]) in the process so far.

Can he play defense or pass the ball?

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
how does this kid compare to sabonis,ellenson,poeltli
is zizic 6-10? do these players come in for workouts?
rollie, he is 6' 11"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ante-Zizic-68722/

someone else to look at, another euro, ranked right next to zizic on draftexpress is:

ivica zubac, 7' 1"

the Zs are out in force this year.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2016, 01:31:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

yes, he pulled out of the draft last year and i had been hoping the celtics would pick him. greece666 also thinks highly of hernangomez.

he doesnt appear to be nba all star material, but as a late first round pick i think he will become a solid rotation player. i think his varied skill set will fit in well with CBS' schemes.

here is more info on him:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Juan-Hernangomez-73096/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Any word if he is a stash candidate?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.