Author Topic: Forget Bender, Draft Ante Zizic  (Read 20901 times)

Forget Bender, Draft Ante Zizic
« on: April 08, 2016, 12:44:56 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Not with the Nets pick, later in the first round. Currently projected at #25 from D.E. if you don't feel like watching the video, here is the low down, no doubt.

Also he is from the famed 1997 class along with Bender and three others that are all NBA prospects, he ranks #2 on the list.

Listed at 6'11" 240 pounds already at 19 years old.

Second best rebounder in Adriatic  leauge history, of players  20 years or younger.
 Also second best Per, in the last 15 years,  for players under 20.

Extremely productive, big time motor, great effort on Defense, very tough, awesome on the Offensive glass. Solid free throw shooter 73%.

Looks like a great backup plan if Sabonis, Stone are gone.

https://youtu.be/3OV5JGP5feU
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:09:08 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Forget Bender, Draft Ante Zizic
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 12:52:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Not with the Nets pick, later in the first round. Currently projected at #25 from D.E. if you don't feel like watching the video, here is the low down, no doubt.

Listed at 6'11" 240 pounds already at 19 years old.

Second best rebounder in Adriatic history of players  20 years or younger.
 Also second best per in the last 15 years, players under 20.

Extremely productive already, big time motor, great effort on Defense, very tough, awesome on the Offensive glass. Solid free throw shooter 73%.

Looks like a great backup plan if Sabonis, Stone are gone.

https://youtu.be/3OV5JGP5feU

Nice draft and stash option. And I agree with you

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 12:56:28 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
TP man. I've heard of his name before but was too lazy to look him up lol.

Btw you do a lot of good draft stuff also. Really appreciate it!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 12:59:53 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

There you Go TB, Tp brother...

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 01:01:44 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Tp, All Boston, no problem man, I love the Celtics!

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:14:17 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Sounds good to me, reminds me a bit of Jokic.  His brother was a real player in the Euroleague. Yahoo did a nice write-up on him.

Zizic was an easy player to identify, not just because of his size and mature frame, but because his brother, Andrija, who is 17 years older than him, was an important player in Europe. He played more than 100 Euroleague games with teams such as Barcelona, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv, and participated in many tournaments with the Croatian National Team at the junior and senior levels. The Zizic brothers are now reunited in Croatia, playing for historic club Cibona Zagreb, where Andrija has played more than 200 games dating to 2003. He primarily comes off the bench now, backing up his little brother, who is dominating the Adriatic League in a way few players his age have since its inception in 2001.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/european-dispatch--getting-to-know-ante-zizic-175756968.html

Great option for our pick.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 03:34:12 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Your thread title wrongly suggests that you can't draft both.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 04:01:37 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Wrong Cannon, personally I'm all set with the risk of Bender with are hard earned Nets top 5 pick. When I can have a kid that's just as good late in the first.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:05:01 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Wrong Cannon, personally I'm all set with the risk of Bender with are hard earned Nets top 5 pick. When I can have a kid that's just as good late in the first.

So you wouldn't complain if the Celtics ended up drafting both players?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 04:25:59 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Worth noting that the 20-30 range in this draft projects to be big man-heavy. Stone, Sabonis, Damian Jones, Zizic, Zimmerman, Zubac...and even higher up you have a good number of big guys.

Of course this will probably only serve to infuriate everyone when Danny drafts Kris Dunn, Wade Baldwin and Tyler Ulis. But it's nice to have options.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 04:38:39 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
how does this kid compare to sabonis,ellenson,poeltli
is zizic 6-10? do these players come in for workouts?

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 06:49:12 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So you wouldn't complain if the Celtics ended up drafting both players?

I think he didn't mean it that way.   And no we don't draft both players

I rather try my luck with zizic or zubac with the later 1st, draft and draft and stash. Let's try our best Spurs impression

With the 3- 5th pick someone that is less likely a bust

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 07:13:10 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
im surprised no ones talked about him
On draftexpress he is listed at #25 below Zubac
I think he is better than zubac despite lacking zubac's athleticism and physical tools
And much more likely to become at least serviceable player compared to bender

he just needs more offensive polishing and needs to pass better
already a great rebounder and good defender around the rim and perimeter

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 07:24:00 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Zizic looks nice. Lacks a bit of lift on his jump it looks like but seems comfortable with contact which should make up for some of that. A great draft and stash option if we end up using a lot of picks.

I don't see how it should have a bearing on who we select with the Nets pick. We should select whoever we feel we can develop into the best player/asset. If that is Bender then let's choose him. I don't want to derail this thread though, we have plenty of those...

I haven't looked at the 20s much yet so I don't know who his competition is. Diallo? Stone? Has anyone looked more closely at them?

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Jones, Stone, Zubac, Zizic, Zimmerman and Cornelie are all big men in the current DE 20-30 range.  Jones seems the most athletic, but it hasn't really translated to success on the court despite being a junior.  Stone has an old school ZBo type game, not sure it's really a great fit for today's NBA.  I really have no idea about the rest.

From the DE descriptions I liked that Zizic is young and actually putting up good numbers in Europe.  A draft/stash at the 24 pick seems to make a lot of sense.