Author Topic: Star Wars: Rogue One trailer  (Read 3101 times)

Star Wars: Rogue One trailer
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
http://youtu.be/Wji-BZ0oCwg

This trailer didn't do it for me. It felt almost like fan fiction. Maybe it's the similarity between main characters in this and TFA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Star Wars: Rogue One trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Donnie Yen :). I gotta watch this lol.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I thought the trailer was pretty awesome.

Rebel outfits are very "New Hope".  Looks like the base might even be Yavin.   I'm more excited now for this than I originally was.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This trailer didn't do it for me. It felt almost like fan fiction. Maybe it's the similarity between main characters in this and TFA.

It's the Marvelification of the Star Wars universe.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

We're 40 years removed from the original and everything going forward is being made with practically no input from Lucas (by fans of the original) so it's safe to say that it's all going to be highly produced fan fiction. For one, I'll take these "fan fiction" films over the "canonized" prequels (I happen to enjoy the prequels as well), but I can't expect any sci-fi/fantasy film to have the same effect on me today as the original trilogy had on me as a 7-year-old.

Not saying you're one of these people, but I get a little annoyed with fanboys/girls who scream, "I want more Star Wars now!" but completely lose it because the plot didn't line up exactly with the version that they've been daydreaming about or the obscure non-canon version they read 20+ years ago.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 05:49:26 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
At the very beginning, it almost sounds like she said her name is Gin A**hole.

Felicity Jones is beautiful and a good actress. It will also be nice to see Darth Vader again, not to mention find out how they got the Death Star blueprint.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:16:31 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'm definitely going to see it but I really wish they'd move the story forward with these spinoffs. Someone told me they were considering making a Han Solo TRILOGY now? I get it. It's an easy story to tell. But I really hope they don't do 3 of them.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm definitely going to see it but I really wish they'd move the story forward with these spinoffs. Someone told me they were considering making a Han Solo TRILOGY now? I get it. It's an easy story to tell. But I really hope they don't do 3 of them.

I'm happy if they even made one Darth Maul movie, hell or even a trilogy based on the sith

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 04:34:02 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Maul's death has to be the most mind boggling decision from Lucas. Jar Jar was atrocious but I can at least see the IDEA that kids would like fart jokes but after killing off Boba Fett in such a silly way to kill off Maul was just awful. So likeable a character you bring him back from being cut in half.