Author Topic: 2016 Red Sox Regular Season  (Read 53697 times)

Re: 2016 Red Sox Regular Season
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2016, 10:48:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I like the interim coach better.  Just something about him

Farrell is just too nice . I dunno.  Pitching is horrific again this season

Please trade/waive bucholz.  And trade Vazquez, panda prospects for another legit pitcher

Bring up Henry owens

It's got to be killing Dombrowski having to wait for Ferrell to fail before handing it over to Lovullo.  The young core of this team seems ready to run through a wall for Lovullo.
Yup

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2016, 11:10:24 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Different Day, Same Pile of Horse Manure

by Clay Buccholz

The New York Times best-selling author of Untradeable: So Bad, the Sox are Stuck with Me.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2016, 11:54:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

by Clay Buccholz

The New York Times best-selling author of Untradeable: So Bad, the Sox are Stuck with Me.

Don't forget the smash hit thriller, For A Moment There You Thought I Was Going to Pitch Like An Ace Again.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2016, 12:20:01 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

by Clay Buccholz

Don't forget the smash hit thriller, For A Moment There You Thought I Was Going to Pitch Like An Ace Again.
i assume the author on that one is buchholz.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »

• Satch Sanders
Kimbrel with another gem.  >:(

Can this team ever do anything the easy way?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2016, 07:45:29 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Kimbrel with another gem.  >:(

Can this team ever do anything the easy way?

Kimbrel has been scary.  His two homeruns given up already is interesting.  He gave up six last year and before that had never given up more then four.  His 18 K's already though in ten innings is seriously impressive.  He is actually third on the team in K's.  Tells us a lot about our starting pitchers. . .
do it

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »

• Satch Sanders
David Price continues to be not impressive: 6 runs on 8 hits, only 3 Ks. Getting owned by A-Rod tonight, yet some fans booed when Farrell came out to the mound to possibly take out Price before facing A-Rod again (he left him in, as it turns out).

Oh, and A-Rod was hitting only .185 coming into tonight's game.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:50:20 PM by rocknrollforyoursoul »

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
We gotta trade for another pitcher. The rotation is slowly solidifying itself. Price, Porcello, and Wright have been good to great. Nabbing one more really solid starter and adding E Rod back to the lineup are gonna make the Sox very very filthy.

I'm also not ready to completely give up on David Price yet. He always sucks in the early spring for some reason.

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 12:48:44 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
We gotta trade for another pitcher. The rotation is slowly solidifying itself. Price, Porcello, and Wright have been good to great. Nabbing one more really solid starter and adding E Rod back to the lineup are gonna make the Sox very very filthy.

I'm also not ready to completely give up on David Price yet. He always sucks in the early spring for some reason.

I love Price but adding g a guy above him as #1 would all bit ensure us a championship.  This team is seriously just 1 lpitcher  away...
I'm bitter.

Re: 2016 Red Sox Regular Seasong
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2016, 12:53:14 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
David Price continues to be not impressive: 6 runs on 8 hits, only 3 Ks. Getting owned by A-Rod tonight, yet some fans booed when Farrell came out to the mound to possibly take out Price before facing A-Rod again (he left him in, as it turns out).

They are now 15-10 and you only have terrible things to say.  I get it when they are struggling, but they are playing well.  They could be better, but are you reverse jinxing them or what?

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2016, 03:45:43 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
10 years of Kimbrel.

Sweet.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: 2016 Red Sox Regular Seasong
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2016, 11:23:45 AM »

• Satch Sanders

They are now 15-10 and you only have terrible things to say.  I get it when they are struggling, but they are playing well.  They could be better, but are you reverse jinxing them or what?

To be fair to me, I've had terrible things to say about their pitching—the offense has been great.

But to be fair to you ... you're right, I've said only bad things about their pitching, so here's some good: Porcello has been a pleasant surprise, and Wright has had a really good season thus far. 15-10 is a pretty good record (puts them on pace for about 97 wins), and the pitching does seem to be turning the corner a bit—Owens' last start was good, and I have high hopes for him and E-Rod.

Just don't get me started on the $200M man or the Clay man.  ;)

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think Price will figure it out. He did have 14 strikeouts in his previous start, so it's not like he lack ability.

And this team should be even better with Carson back in the pen and Rodriguez rejoining the rotation soon. And that could be interesting, since it would likely bump Kelly to the pen, where is strong arm could be interesting.

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2016, 07:42:24 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Anyone else starting to get excited? I don't want to get my hopes up high yet but this team has been killing it lately. Taking two of three against a top place team on the road, even early in the season, is huge. Carson Smith looked amazing. Erod should be coming back soon. Lineup is hitting. Xander looks like a gold glove SS and the defense as a whole isn't making too many errors. Team looks great right now, really praying it lasts, I haven't enjoyed watching baseball in years!

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2016, 07:49:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Anyone else starting to get excited? I don't want to get my hopes up high yet but this team has been killing it lately. Taking two of three against a top place team on the road, even early in the season, is huge. Carson Smith looked amazing. Erod should be coming back soon. Lineup is hitting. Xander looks like a gold glove SS and the defense as a whole isn't making too many errors. Team looks great right now, really praying it lasts, I haven't enjoyed watching baseball in years!

They've got me watching games again; which is a nice start.  They're playing aggressively and smart.  Just keep rolling with it.  Baseball is easily the most infectious sport interns of a team clicking (or not).
Yup