Author Topic: 2016 Red Sox Regular Season  (Read 53704 times)

Re: 2016 Red Sox Regular Season
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm not worried about Kimbrel.  In 6 2/3 innings, he's allowed 3 hits and struck out 14.  He's struggled with his control a couple of times, but that's not really unusual this early in a season.  I am worried about starters 2-5.
starter number five is wright. so far he is the best starter we have and has an ERA of about 2.14.

the rest of the rotation has been unreliable so far. but it is still early in the season. even if they go on to lose today, there are still 147 games left and they are 1 game below .500. it's a bit early to start jumping off buildings for me.

Maybe, but if you've witnessed the last two Red Sox seasons, it never seems too early.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2016, 04:45:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Boston's $217M investment in David Price continues to not pay off.

brutal...has he lost velocity or what?

He came to Boston and he's a highly paid pitcher, so he turned into a pumpkin like all the other ones.

Being somewhat facetious, but it does seem that the Red Sox have no luck with free agent pitchers.
you mean like pedro?  ::)

Been a while since Pedro, man.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2016, 06:58:45 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Boston's $217M investment in David Price continues to not pay off.

brutal...has he lost velocity or what?

He came to Boston and he's a highly paid pitcher, so he turned into a pumpkin like all the other ones.

Being somewhat facetious, but it does seem that the Red Sox have no luck with free agent pitchers.
you mean like pedro?  ::)

Been a while since Pedro, man.

Well, there's Schilling.  At least he waited until after he retired to turn into a pumpkin.

I think they need to fire Farrell and replace him with Lovullo.  He's always been a poor in game manager and the team played better under Lovullo last year.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:05:05 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Man, this pitching staff is an abomination. Just terrible.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:58 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Price's pitching today was unacceptable... just an absolutely disgraceful performance against a minor league lineup. Very disappointed with how he's started this season.

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i hated price when he was on other teams. i may hate him even more now.  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »

• Satch Sanders
i hated price when he was on other teams. i may hate him even more now.  >:(

Maybe Ortiz should get into another dust-up with him ... maybe it'll light a fire under him.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 10:06:07 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Price's pitching today was unacceptable... just an absolutely disgraceful performance against a minor league lineup. Very disappointed with how he's started this season.
AGREE....totally unacceptable performance today.  Farrell needs to go too, we need a new face to lead. This team is going no where right now. 

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
AGREE....totally unacceptable performance today.  Farrell needs to go too, we need a new face to lead. This team is going no where right now.

Totally agree. As awesome as was to see Farrell overcome some of the obstacles he was dealt with healthwise, Lovullo clearly changed the attitude of everyone and made them better. He also made some pretty decent decisions. I'd be cool with Farrell being a pitching coach again. I think he's still good to have around, just not as a GM.

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not going to freak out on Price yet. He has had two good starts and two bad ones (one really bad one). He has plenty of time to figure it out.

I would also love Farrell as pitching coach, but it isn't often that a coaching demotion of that scale takes place in professional sports. Perhaps health would be a good reason for it.

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like the interim coach better.  Just something about him

Farrell is just too nice . I dunno.  Pitching is horrific again this season

Please trade/waive bucholz.  And trade Vazquez, panda prospects for another legit pitcher

Bring up Henry owens

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I like the interim coach better.  Just something about him

Farrell is just too nice . I dunno.  Pitching is horrific again this season

Please trade/waive bucholz.  And trade Vazquez, panda prospects for another legit pitcher

Bring up Henry owens

Oh no I'd say keep Vazquez. He makes the other pitches like Porcello and Bucholz way more comfortable with pitching. I'd say trade Swihart if anything.

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Not going to freak out on Price yet. He has had two good starts and two bad ones (one really bad one). He has plenty of time to figure it out.

I would also love Farrell as pitching coach, but it isn't often that a coaching demotion of that scale takes place in professional sports. Perhaps health would be a good reason for it.
It's not really Price's fault that our pitching roster is horrible but because it is I'm expecting Price to hold it down and post a mid 2 era. In my mind he has to if we have any chance at making the playoffs. So far he has only been mediocre in his wins.

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2016, 04:38:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It's not really Price's fault that our pitching roster is horrible but because it is I'm expecting Price to hold it down and post a mid 2 era. In my mind he has to if we have any chance at making the playoffs. So far he has only been mediocre in his wins.

Oh, totally - if we were trotting out Maddox, Glavine, and Smoltz ahead of him, it wouldn't really matter, but we are depending on him to perform in every one of his starts. Two earned runs in each of his wins is decent enough for me; the other starts were putrid. Hopefully he is just adjusting to a new home and atmosphere.

I am certainly not satisfied, but am willing to give him a couple of months. This was as much of a sure thing as there was (and we paid for it), I can't imagine him going all Lackey on us.

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 09:59:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Different Day, Same Pile of Horse Manure

by Clay Buccholz
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain