Author Topic: 2016 Red Sox Regular Season  (Read 53737 times)

Re: 2016 Red Sox Regular Season
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
5 innings into the last game of the series vs the As and the Sox have scored 37 runs in this series.. they still have 4 more innings to go in the series...40+ coming?

Also JBJ is literally on fire

He is figuratively on fire.  If he was literally on fire that would be horrible.

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
5 innings into the last game of the series vs the As and the Sox have scored 37 runs in this series.. they still have 4 more innings to go in the series...40+ coming?

The As are not exactly world beaters, but this is remarkable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2016, 09:31:27 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

He is figuratively on fire.  If he was literally on fire that would be horrible.

Of course he isn't literally on fire lol... he's just been so good

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

The As are not exactly world beaters, but this is remarkable.

This is definitely a mix of both awful pitching and amazing offense... but it says a lot about the lineup. If they can keep hitting like this they'll be in it even with mediocre pitching.

Imagine where they'd be right now if Price was half as good as his old self? Hope he figures it out...

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2016, 09:40:01 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
Just about everything for the Red Sox is coming up Millhouse this year.  Panda gets hurt for the year, in comes Shaw.  Shaw's defense has been superb and his hitting has been outstanding.

Hanley looks lost in LF, he moves to first and has been very solid defensively while he is back to his old self hitting.

Slow starting Papi has started hot.

Betts, Pedrioa, Boagarts, and Holt have all been hitting.  JBJ is hitting better than Trout in his last 80+ games.

Meanwhile, ERod goes down and Wright gets a chance to step up and has been masterful.  So much so, when ERod does come back, no way Wright comes out of the rotation.

The bullpen has been outstanding.

The only concerns are Price and Buccholz and a little bit of offense from the catching position. 

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2016, 09:55:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Just about everything for the Red Sox is coming up Millhouse this year.  Panda gets hurt for the year, in comes Shaw.  Shaw's defense has been superb and his hitting has been outstanding.

Hanley looks lost in LF, he moves to first and has been very solid defensively while he is back to his old self hitting.

Slow starting Papi has started hot.

Betts, Pedrioa, Boagarts, and Holt have all been hitting.  JBJ is hitting better than Trout in his last 80+ games.

Meanwhile, ERod goes down and Wright gets a chance to step up and has been masterful.  So much so, when ERod does come back, no way Wright comes out of the rotation.

The bullpen has been outstanding.

The only concerns are Price and Buccholz and a little bit of offense from the catching position.

Just about everyone is doing a great job. If E-Rod picks up where he left off last season and Price rights the ship, this team is going to be really dangerous.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've been pleased to see the Sox right the ship after some warning signs at the start. They are unreal offensively. Hard to believe Ortiz is getting ready to retire. He looks like he's still in his prime.

JBJ, Xander, Mookie, Shaw... Quite a young positional group they've got.

The lack of a guaranteed good start anywhere in the rotation still worries me, but if they stay healthy I feel good about at least being in the playoff hunt in September.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:44 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
I guess you are never guaranteed a good start but Porcello and Wright have been about as good as you could possibly hope for so far.

JBJ hits his second HR of the night.  He might be the third best position player in the last half season.  How long does a hot streak have to be before it just becomes the normal?

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2016, 10:36:29 PM »

• Satch Sanders
I guess you are never guaranteed a good start but Porcello and Wright have been about as good as you could possibly hope for so far.

JBJ hits his second HR of the night.  He might be the third best position player in the last half season.  How long does a hot streak have to be before it just becomes the normal?

Porcello and Wright have been GREAT surprises.

As for Bradley, I think he was always a good (.300+) hitter in the minors, but it just hadn't translated to the majors ... until recently. I'm sure he can't sustain his current pace, but hopefully he remains a consistent offensive contributor.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

I heard on the radio today that in his last 80 games JBJ has over a .900 ops. He is such a good defender that if he can hit at a .270 clip he is a well above average player.

« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I've been pleased to see the Sox right the ship after some warning signs at the start. They are unreal offensively. Hard to believe Ortiz is getting ready to retire. He looks like he's still in his prime.

The lack of a guaranteed good start anywhere in the rotation still worries me, but if they stay healthy I feel good about at least being in the playoff hunt in September.

And Benintendi and Moncada are obliterating high A. Benintendi really could be ready by the end of the year; how crazy is that? Imagine an outfield of Benny-JBJ-Mookie. That would be the best outfield in baseball for a decade.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2016, 09:33:42 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible

And Benintendi and Moncada are obliterating high A. Benintendi really could be ready by the end of the year; how crazy is that? Imagine an outfield of Benny-JBJ-Mookie. That would be the best outfield in baseball for a decade.

It's kinda early to get excited about this, but don't forget about Espinoza too. He's got ace potential written all over him.

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2016, 08:40:50 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
Sox are hitting .293 as a team... I doubt it stays that high but that's amazing

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »

• Satch Sanders

I was just looking at their averages—6 of their regulars (Pedroia, Bogaerts, Ortiz, Hanley, Shaw, and Bradley) are hitting better than .300. That's nuts.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2016, 09:54:29 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

I was just looking at their averages—6 of their regulars (Pedroia, Bogaerts, Ortiz, Hanley, Shaw, and Bradley) are hitting better than .300. That's nuts.

Crazy... And another 10+ run game