Poll

Would you trade a top-2 pick nets pick, the dallas pick, our own first rounder and filler for:

Boogie
20 (40.8%)
Jimmy Buckets
7 (14.3%)
Other player thought to be on market (Griffin, Love)
2 (4.1%)
I would do it for any of these players
4 (8.2%)
I would do this for none of these players
16 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: If we got a top 2 pick, what would you do with it?  (Read 3914 times)

Re: If we got a top 2 pick, what would you do with it?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Pick whoever is left of Simmons or Ingram.

This. I have not seen Simmons play but Ingram looks like he could be Durant.

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 10:29:13 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
id rather draft ingram or simmons
as both fit our need for another scorer which hopefully if we draft them develop into a franchise type player for us to build around
plus we'll be losing more than a top 2 pick if we trade for boogie and butler

plus boogie has some issues which definitely put a ? on whether we want him affecting our team chemistry despite his clear stat dominance and our clear fit of having a scorer and C

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 10:54:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
These players in the draft are simply guesses.......no Townes or Anothony Davis

Boogie , Durrant , Butler are Here and now wanting to win NOW .

Boogie is the real deal...... 25 and 15 man Right NOW ..with a nice number of years in his prime.

We NEED to give Stevens PROVEN players so he can go ahead and go for the Next title.

I want TITLES ...not more potty training

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 11:01:35 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Boogie is the real deal...... 25 and 15 man Right NOW ..with a nice number of years in his prime.

We NEED to give Stevens PROVEN players so he can go ahead and go for the Next title.

Cousins is a known cancer whose major accomplishment this year was finally winning 20 games. Durant is a free agent who has no bearing on the draft.

Butler may be a legitimate argument to make, but there's no guarantee the Bulls are actually going to trade him.

And I'd still argue the best course of action is making the pick AND try to sign 1-2 stars on top of that.

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Cousins is a known cancer whose major accomplishment this year was finally winning 20 30  games. Durant is a free agent who has no bearing on the draft.

Butler may be a legitimate argument to make, but there's no guarantee the Bulls are actually going to trade him.

And I'd still argue the best course of action is making the pick AND try to sign 1-2 stars on top of that.

Cmon, let's be fair now.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:16 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'd go hard at AD from Pelicans

Simmons/Ingram, Dallas pick, AJ, JJ, Rozier, Mickey and 2018 Nets pick for Davis and Asik.

And NO would say no.....

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2016, 10:18:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Simmons/Ingram, Dallas pick, AJ, JJ, Rozier, Mickey and 2018 Nets pick for Davis and Asik.

And NO would say no.....
Sure they would every team rejects the first offer. It's part of negotiations.

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 10:44:37 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I didn't vote because my thoughts are a little more complex then a simple trade for x or y or keep the pick.

I would lean towards trading for Jimmy Butler but that would really depend on AB. If AB would buy into the idea of playing the 6th man role the Cs would have a special team. The addition of Butler and move to the bench for AB would make Smart expendable as his place in the rotation would be squeezed out. If the pick is less then 1-2 then maybe Smart and the 3-5 is a starting point in other Butler trades.

Sticking with the top 2 scenario the Cs would be looking at a roster that could feature a heavily used small ball lineup of IT, AB, Butler, Crowder and a big man. If am allstar level big can be obtained via trade (smart and picks as bait) or via FA (Al Horford would be perfect) then this team may actually surpass the Cavs for favorites in the east.

My perfect team (with a lot of wishful thinking but not dramatic overreach "Durant")

PG   IT
SG   Butler
SF   Crowder
PF   Horford
C     Noah
6th  AB
7th  KO
8th  Rozier
9th  rotational level 3-D wing

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 11:42:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if all 3 are used in a deal, IMHO, only Cousins and Griffin merit that much cost.

Butler and Love should require less to acquire.

Personally I'm souring a little on Cousins and Love.  Cousins for maturity issues and does he fit Brad's type of play.  Love because he's really expensive for what he's producing currently.

For Butler, terrific 2 guard that would be an upgrade on AB.  I'd prefer to move AB as part of that deal to lessen the cost of the rest of the package.

For Griffin, would be a major upgrade on Sully and would try to use him as part of the trade package to try to lower the cost of the rest of the package (obviously need more than Sully in terms of talent going out)

Hate to give up a top 2 pick but would do it if it was for a top 10 player that's under contract for a while and figures to still be at the top of their game for several years to come.

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
if all 3 are used in a deal, IMHO, only Cousins and Griffin merit that much cost.

Personally I'm souring a little on Cousins and Love.  Cousins for maturity issues and does he fit Brad's type of play.  Love because he's really expensive for what he's producing currently.

For Butler, terrific 2 guard that would be an upgrade on AB.  I'd prefer to move AB as part of that deal to lessen the cost of the rest of the package.

For Griffin, would be a major upgrade on Sully and would try to use him as part of the trade package to try to lower the cost of the rest of the package (obviously need more than Sully in terms of talent going out)

Hate to give up a top 2 pick but would do it if it was for a top 10 player that's under contract for a while and figures to still be at the top of their game for several years to come.

On the butler trade I worrie that moving AB will negatively effect this team chemistry do to his relationship with IT. I would actually rather move smart in this situation.

As for griffin sully would not be part of a trade he is a FA
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

On the butler trade I worrie that moving AB will negatively effect this team chemistry do to his relationship with IT. I would actually rather move smart in this situation.

As for griffin sully would not be part of a trade he is a FA
Butler's an upgrade on what AB brings so for me that's a natural part of the swap.

Same for Sully who's just an RFA.  can resign and trade I believe.  If I'm wrong about that, please let me know --> not 100% sure resigning your own player prevents them from being included in a package deal.  I believe there's a waiting period for FA's signed but not certain it applies to resigning your own players.  Could also do it as a separate deal that offers a TPE in the bargain.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:09:24 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2016, 07:51:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Yes to a trade for Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins or Blake Griffin.

No to a trade for Jimmy Butler or Kevin Love. I'd rather have Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram.

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2016, 02:44:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would trade for Blake.  Probably Cousins as well if another pick came back.  (I think the personal issues are a bigger issue in terms of the Kings needing to move on)

I think Butler is very tempting. 

As for the rest, not unless Durant says he will sign if and only if you trade the pick for player B. 

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If Ingram can't play defense as well as Crowder by the end of the year I don't want him.

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2016, 11:27:51 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

And NO would say no.....

Indeed, but it's worth a try. If we offered them literally all the picks, they'd at least have to consider it.