Author Topic: The Craziest, Impossible Offseason that could happen  (Read 6281 times)

Re: The Craziest, Impossible Offseason that could happen
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 09:45:18 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So I agree that a Butler trade is very possible, and TP for being more 'realistic' with your trade idea.
I actually think you're overpaying a bit for Butler by including Crowder and Smart with all those picks.

In my opinion, if Ainge is going to pursue Butler, he's keeping Crowder at all costs and wants to pair the Marquette duo up as the toughest 2/3 combo in the league (and keeping Crowder gives us insurance for when Durant likely re-signs with OKC).

I also think Ainge only includes this years Brooklyn pick if it's #3 or #4. He's not giving up #1 or #2. He'll also want to keep one of Bradley or Smart as our defensive stopper off the bench because they are needed to throw at GSW if we make the finals.

I think it probably takes something like:

16' Brooklyn pick
16' Mavs pick
18 Brooklyn pick
Terry Rozier
Avery Bradley

I also think if you take out the 18' Brooklyn pick and Terry Rozier they'd want Smart instead. So something like:
16' BRK pick
Dallas pick
Smart
Mickey
Hunter

Anyway, I posted it in another thread, but here's the discussion on the RealGM forums of a Celtics/Butler trade. Good perspective from Bulls fans.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1429813&sid=61ce49e632c627a34aa966ad3a606548&start=260#start_here
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 09:57:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
2 Brooklyn picks plus any combination of Celtics besides Isaiah, Smart, Crowder. Butler is fantastic, but he's also not that much more effective than Crowder. Crowder is probably the 5th best SF in the league.

I like Crowder and all but hes not a top 5 SF

Interesting, because on ESPN's Real Plus/Minus, he is ranked the 5th SF in WINS:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/5

Smitty77

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2016, 10:16:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
2 Brooklyn picks plus any combination of Celtics besides Isaiah, Smart, Crowder. Butler is fantastic, but he's also not that much more effective than Crowder. Crowder is probably the 5th best SF in the league.

Interesting, because on ESPN's Real Plus/Minus, he is ranked the 5th SF in WINS:

Smitty77
Do you think crowder could play SG next to Durant?  Or could you play him at PF?   What's the ideal lineup if we land Durant, Horford and Ben Simmons this summer without giving up anything?  Lol

Could you do Thomas, Crowder, Durant, Simmons and Horford with Bradley and Smart off the bench ?

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Smitty77
Do you think crowder could play SG next to Durant?  Or could you play him at PF?   What's the ideal lineup if we land Durant, Horford and Ben Simmons this summer without giving up anything?  Lol

Could you do Thomas, Crowder, Durant, Simmons and Horford with Bradley and Smart off the bench ?
rather play jae at 4. Ben comes off the bench till he earns it.
1. IT
2. AB
3. Durant
4. Jae
5. Horford

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 10:58:30 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Why not go for:

IT
Butler
Durant
Horford
Cousins

??
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
if i read one more plan that's "possible" for us to get Durant I'm going to snap.  He isn't coming here.  for the zillionth time.  I don't care if we sign Jesus. Either the deity or the character from The Big Lebowski.

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2016, 01:50:31 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Kobe coming back from retirement and playing like he's 10 years younger to join the Celtics.
Kevin Durant joining the Celtics.
DeMarcus Cousins ditching the Kings for the Celtics.
Anthony Davis leaving the Pelicans to join the Celtics.
Steph Curry jumping ship to Boston after losing his first home game of the season to them.

That's the craziest, impossible offseason that could happen in my dreams!  :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D :angel: 8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 02:18:15 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
if i read one more plan that's "possible" for us to get Durant I'm going to snap.  He isn't coming here.  for the zillionth time.  I don't care if we sign Jesus. Either the deity or the character from The Big Lebowski.

Well it is a possibility.  :P

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2016, 03:28:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I like our chances over any team outside of Oklahoma City.