Author Topic: The Craziest, Impossible Offseason that could happen  (Read 6300 times)

The Craziest, Impossible Offseason that could happen
« on: March 31, 2016, 07:35:02 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm honestly not that excited this offseason because I have a high doubt that anything crazy will happen, but when I was beginning to think how we could get some of the dominoes to fall I started to realize that with the opportunities at hand we may have the opportunity to have a 2007-08 offseason.
First domino to fall is a Jimmy Butler trade:

Celtics get:
SG/SF Jimmy Butler

Bulls get:
SG/SF Jae Crowder
PG/SG Marcus Smart
F Jonas Jerebko
Brooklyn Nets 2016 1st round pick
Boston Celtics 2016 1st round pick
Philadelphia 76ers 2016 2nd round pick

After seeing this Kevin Durant realizes that Boston is a big time contender with Butler and him at the helm of our green squad and hops on board. His buddy Al Horford wants a ring so he comes over and signs too.

In the 2016 draft we get the 12th overall pick and draft Denzel Valentine

Starting Lineup:
PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Amir Johnson
C: Al Horford

Now that's a championship team.

Re: The Craziest, Impossible Offseason that could happen
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
SG/SF Jae Crowder
PG/SG Marcus Smart...

Brooklyn Nets 2016 1st round pick...

Nope.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:47:15 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
SG/SF Jae Crowder
PG/SG Marcus Smart...

Nope.

You're trading for a top 20 player in the league who rivals top 15 when he is at the top of his game. If anything that's short changing the Bulls. Please give what you would offer to the Bulls for him??

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
2 Brooklyn picks plus any combination of Celtics besides Isaiah, Smart, Crowder. Butler is fantastic, but he's also not that much more effective than Crowder. Crowder is probably the 5th best SF in the league.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
SG/SF Jae Crowder
PG/SG Marcus Smart...

Nope.

You're trading for a top 20 player in the league who rivals top 15 when he is at the top of his game. If anything that's short changing the Bulls. Please give what you would offer to the Bulls for him??
that depends on where the pick lands.

If it's number one or two then that's a clear overpay
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 12:17:25 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'm honestly not that excited this offseason because I have a high doubt that anything crazy will happen, but when I was beginning to think how we could get some of the dominoes to fall I started to realize that with the opportunities at hand we may have the opportunity to have a 2007-08 offseason.
First domino to fall is a Jimmy Butler trade:

Celtics get:
SG/SF Jimmy Butler

Bulls get:
SG/SF Jae Crowder
PG/SG Marcus Smart
F Jonas Jerebko
Brooklyn Nets 2016 1st round pick
Boston Celtics 2016 1st round pick
Philadelphia 76ers 2016 2nd round pick

After seeing this Kevin Durant realizes that Boston is a big time contender with Butler and him at the helm of our green squad and hops on board. His buddy Al Horford wants a ring so he comes over and signs too.

In the 2016 draft we get the 12th overall pick and draft Denzel Valentine

Starting Lineup:
PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Amir Johnson
C: Al Horford

Now that's a championship team.

So we're selling the team of our leader of Jae Crowder who's signed a great deal for us, to stay in Boston and build a team of good players.  The guy we drafted with the 6th pick, Marcus Smart who only hasn't improved to future point guard because Thomas is now starting.  But has proven himself to be valuable for us.  2 First rounder this year that could possible give us the #1 pick in the draft to the 5th pick, where we could get real talent at a rookie pay scale.  This draft is a lot deeper then people think. 

For Jimmy Butler, what  do I say, HELL NO. 

Yes, Butler is a good player, but not worth selling key pieces for.  I say this for this reason, SOMEONE HAS TO BE GOOD ON THE BULLS.  If Rose was healthy do I think Butler would be talked about nearly as much as he is, I don't think so. 

If Durant is coming to Boston it's because he looks at the young talent we have now, and future picks to make him have a shot for years to come.  Plus Durant has talked about wanting to play with Horford.  I'm thinking Durant would rather play with a great team and youth giving him a chance then adding another "star".  Also we wouldn't have Amir Johnson, probably because of money since making $12 million next year, so take him out of your lineup. 

So give me Durant and Horford, this is the team you have just with those to.  This is also saying we resign Sully for a good deal, because he's more valuable here.  Not including this years draft picks, I'll simply do the three 1st rounder we could have roughly.     

Starting Five
Center - Horford
Power Forward - Sullinger
Small Forward - Durant
Shooting Guard - Bradley
Point Guard - Thomas

Second Unit
Center - Olynyk
Power Forward - Mickey
Small Forward - Crowder
Shooting Guard - Hunter
Point Guard - Smart

Bench
Point Guard - Rozier
Shooting Guard - Young

Three 1st Rounders
Pick 1-4 Brooklyn - Ben Simmons (If this is pick no need to resign Sullinger), Brandon Ingram, Jay Brown, Buddy Hield, Could do a draft a stash or bring him Dragan Bender
Pick 12-15 Dallas - Skal Labissiere (Take a chance of a guy who was project to be #1-4 before season), Jakob Poeltl, Diamond Stone, Brice Johnson, Denzel Valentine, Timothe Luwawu (Stash)
Pick 21-25 Boston - Denzel Valentine, AJ Hammons, Taurean Prince, Timothe Luwawu (Stash), Damian Jones

Looking at this we have to many players so we can package young players like Rozier, Young, Hunter, KO with picks to move up or down in the draft or for players.  But if I'm Durant and Horford certain players I'm not wanting to see traded.  Thomas, Bradley, Smart and Crowder, them being the core that is a young. 

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I never understood the argument that Kevin Durant would be attracted by our young players and picks. It doesn't make any sense. He isn't getting any younger. Plus our young players aren't even that talented plus the picks aren't guaranteed to bring anyone in that will help him win before he's on the wrong side of 30. If he comes here we do need a Jimmy Butler level talent or 2 not our mediocre young players

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »

Offline ABOS (A bit of Sanity)

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
2 Brooklyn picks plus any combination of Celtics besides Isaiah, Smart, Crowder. Butler is fantastic, but he's also not that much more effective than Crowder. Crowder is probably the 5th best SF in the league.

I like Crowder and all but hes not a top 5 SF

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

When paul George thought he was PF he was close.

KD-Lebron-Kawhi are in a different echelon altogether, but then its probably Melo, Hayward and Gallo.

GA i guess is a point gaurd now, so if you think George is a PF and GA is a pg then you could certainly argue that Crowder is right there with Melo Hayward and Gallo for that 5th spot.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 01:31:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
I never understood the argument that Kevin Durant would be attracted by our young players and picks. It doesn't make any sense. He isn't getting any younger. Plus our young players aren't even that talented plus the picks aren't guaranteed to bring anyone in that will help him win before he's on the wrong side of 30. If he comes here we do need a Jimmy Butler level talent or 2 not our mediocre young players
Hes snot going to be attracted by our picks, the logic is that our picks can net a star which would then attract him.

Having Brandon Ingram wont make KD want to sign here, but trading Ingram and some other stuff for Butler or Cousins or Love or Cousins could well make us a much more attractive destination. Plus when people say young players, they mean guys with a long window remaining. They are not talking about Rozier, Young and Hunter. They are talking about IT, Bradley, and Crowder. 3 players who are in the beginning of their primes and will be very good for the next 4 years.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »

• Joe Mazzulla

KD-Lebron-Kawhi are in a different echelon altogether, but then its probably Melo, Hayward and Gallo.

GA i guess is a point gaurd now, so if you think George is a PF and GA is a pg then you could certainly argue that Crowder is right there with Melo Hayward and Gallo for that 5th spot.

Sure you can make that argument but i would counter that with Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, and Harden, who are all G/F. In that case he falls down the list

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Hes snot going to be attracted by our picks, the logic is that our picks can net a star which would then attract him.

Having Brandon Ingram wont make KD want to sign here, but trading Ingram and some other stuff for Butler or Cousins or Love or Cousins could well make us a much more attractive destination. Plus when people say young players, they mean guys with a long window remaining. They are not talking about Rozier, Young and Hunter. They are talking about IT, Bradley, and Crowder. 3 players who are in the beginning of their primes and will be very good for the next 4 years.

Exactly. I completely agree with you. One poster said we shouldn't trade for Butler because KD wants to play with the young players we currently have. I dont think any of our players could attract KD more than a stud like Jimmy Butler can

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Sure you can make that argument but i would counter that with Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, and Harden, who are all G/F. In that case he falls down the list
I mean I guess. The difference is they are all classified as 2s and no one has ever come out and said we are gonna play Klay at the 3.

George and GA both had their teams come out and say these guys are not gonna play SF anymore.

Also start at the 2 everyday while George started 35+ games at the 4 (i think) and lately GA has been starting at the 1. So i dont think thats a fair argument.

Finally. You say you love him, but hes not a top 5 SF the other guy says hes probably the 5th. Im saying you can make a pretty legit argument he is top 5.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Butler, Thompson, and Harden are primarily shooting guards. Crowder is a better overall player than Carmelo, Hayward, and Gallinari. I am so, so, sooooo bored by fans who don't understand that basketball has baskets at both ends.

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 01:50:28 PM »

• Joe Mazzulla

Butler, Thompson, and Harden are primarily shooting guards. Crowder is a better overall player than Carmelo, Hayward, and Gallinari. I am so, so, sooooo bored by fans who don't understand that basketball has baskets at both ends.

Ya and there plenty of people bored by fans who overate players because they are on the celts. How do you figure he's better. They are all far superior offense players. Crowder is the best defensive player of the bunch but it doesn't make up for how much better they are at offensive. Just because you are a "two way player'  doesn't necessarily mean your better then far superior offensive players.