Author Topic: Jimmy butler is available  (Read 8026 times)

Jimmy butler is available
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:22:36 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Jimmy butler is available
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:47:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bradley, Amir, Nets pick, dallas pick, future nets pick and two of this years seconds for Butler.

Sign Durant to max.

Sign Horford to near max.

Look to resign Turner on a comfortable discount that fits under the cap.

IT/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Crowder/Turner
Durant/Jerebko
Horford/KO

Hello finals.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 08:23:27 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
If you can get Butler, it's enormous. He's only 26 and will make only $19m/year for the next 3 seasons. That will look like an absolute steal starting this summer. And he's exactly the kind of player that you need in the playoffs: good with the ball in his hands, gritty, physical, and excellent on defense.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:24:52 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I don't think we give up a top 2 pick, but we do give up #3+ Smart.
Other option:
2016 Brooklyn pick #4+
2018 Brooklyn pick+
Terry Rozier+
Dallas pick
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:40:02 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Bradley, Amir, Nets pick, dallas pick, future nets pick and two of this years seconds for Butler.

Sign Durant to max.

IT/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Crowder/Turner
Durant/Jerebko
Horford/KO

Hello finals.

I've mentioned this before but I'm very hesitant about Durant starting at the 4.  I believe the Thunder's top 3 5 man units involve 2 out the 3 bigs Adams, Kanter, and Ibaka with Durant at the 3.   If anything even though shorter I'd be more inclined to have Crowder at the 4.

Ideally since Horford is becoming a substandard rebounder I'd like a strong rebounder paired with him like Sully (a reason I wouldn't be opposed going after Love instead of Butler even though I like Butler more). Maybe Crowder becomes the 6th man as backup 3/4 with Jonas's salary will be used in a trade or released.

Lastly 2 Nets picks and Bradley seems like an overpay. I think this year's Nets pick and Bradley and Amir should be enough.  With the Ray trade we gave up the 5th pick, West, and Wally as salary filler plus we get an early second back that got us BBD.  Granted Ray was about 4 or 5 years older coming off ankle surgery, but he wasn't your normal aging shooting guard and just came off a season averaging 26PPG.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30

Sign Durant to max.

IT/Rozier
Butler/Smart
Crowder/Turner
Durant/Jerebko
Horford/KO

Hello finals.

Even if he took a discount and for as much as I like his game (in our current situation), I see no reason why we would resign Turner if we already landed Butler and Durant.  Turner is valuable to us now because he can handle the ball and get his own shot.  In the above scenario, one of IT/Butler/Durant would presumably be on the court at all times.  No need for Turner's skillset if that's the case.

Also I think if we landed Butler/Durant/Horford, Durant would start at 3 and Crowder would be first off the bench.  The above is probably our "small-ball death lineup" similar to GSW but I don't know if it would be our starting 5.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:18:55 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I don't think we give up a top 2 pick, but we do give up #3+ Smart.
Other option:
2016 Brooklyn pick #4+
2018 Brooklyn pick+
Terry Rozier+
Dallas pick

First let me say I bite my tounge.. didn't think the Bulls would think about trading Butler.

IF TRUE, you gotta give up the farm, anything but IT or JC.  How can't you justify trading the Brooklyn pick if top 2? Butler is a star, top 10 level talent in the NBA.. you give up the Brooklyn pick regardless of where it sits for him. No questions asked in my opinion.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I would not go all out for Butler.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:40:06 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
If we fall to the 3 or 4 pick I'd try hard to get Butler. You gotta figure Chicago would consider trading him. He's by far there best chip and that team is headed the wrong way. Might as well go really young and start over. Cs could load them up with young players and draft picks.

Chicago may want to dump Rose and his contract on the deal as well.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If we fall to the 3 or 4 pick I'd try hard to get Butler. You gotta figure Chicago would consider trading him. He's by far there best chip and that team is headed the wrong way. Might as well go really young and start over. Cs could load them up with young players and draft picks.

Yes, of course.  Rose is the problem for them, not Butler.  He is problem for the team and he is untradeable.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:00:02 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
How can't you justify trading the Brooklyn pick if top 2? Butler is a star, top 10 level talent in the NBA.. you give up the Brooklyn pick regardless of where it sits for him. No questions asked in my opinion.

1a. Steph Curry
1b. Lebron
2. Russell Westbrook
3.  Kevin Durant
4.  James Harden
5.  Anthony Davis
6.  Blake Griffin
7.  Paul George
8.  John Wall
9.  Kawhi Leonard
10.  Boogie Cousins

I wouldn't say he's top 10 level talent...

I don't think I'd trade a top 4 pick in this draft for Butler.  The top 4 in this draft are probably Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Chris Dunn or Buddy Hield, I think trading away any of those guys plus picks and/or Smart for Butler is a mistake since they all project to be among the top players at their positions.  I'm not sold on Bender at 5 so I'd trade him for Butler.

I'm not actually down on Butler, but Chicago has already tried to pair him with a ball dominant guard in Derrick Rose and it's been a mess.  if you picked up Butler you're going to be taking the ball out of Isaiah's hands a lot.   

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:04:26 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Maybe not untradeable. While yes he makes a ton of money, the Cs would be stuck with him for one more year. Of course this kinda screws up your shot of getting Horford and or Durant.

Yes, of course.  Rose is the problem for them, not Butler.  He is problem for the team and he is untradeable.

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 12:08:49 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Our Nets' first rounder (#4 or #5), Amir (expiring if they wish), and Smart for Butler???

Who says NO????

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Our Nets' first rounder (#4 or #5), Amir (expiring if they wish), and Smart for Butler???

Who says NO????

Smitty77
Think Bulls say no. They will need more to sell to their fan base. For the most part I see things as
One of Smart+C's 1st or KO +Dallas 1st
One of AB or Crowder
Then the Nets pick.