Author Topic: C's to trade Smart for Okafor this offseason?  (Read 1731 times)

C's to trade Smart for Okafor this offseason?
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:21:46 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think this site is bogus but in some weird way it actually makes sense since we have Crowder, Turner, Bradley and Rozier.

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/nba-rumors-celtics-trade-marcus-smart-nets-pick-jahlil-okafor-2366890.html

Giving up the nets pick seems like a lot though.  That could basically equal Hield and Smart for Okafor..

Seems like this site is just making stuff up.

Re: C's to trade Smart for Okafor this offseason?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:59:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think it'd take more than just Smart, but I wouldn't rule anything out.  I think a ton is going to depend on how the picks shake out in the lotto.  THere's a chance Philly will have two in the top 5.  And who knows what kind of offers they'll get for Okafor this Summer.   

Said in a couple threads... if the Lakers really do want to move Russell, I'm sure Philly would gladly trade Okafor for him.  That's who they wanted all along.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:27:50 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
It's another site like Yibada. Fake stuff
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 01:34:09 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think it'd take more than just Smart, but I wouldn't rule anything out.  I think a ton is going to depend on how the picks shake out in the lotto.  THere's a chance Philly will have two in the top 5.  And who knows what kind of offers they'll get for Okafor this Summer.   

Said in a couple threads... if the Lakers really do want to move Russell, I'm sure Philly would gladly trade Okafor for him.  That's who they wanted all along.
So much is yet to be determined.

Okafor's value has taken a bit of a hit with his injury, but Smarts offensive play has really torpedoed his value.

I think Marcus will have a chance to really improve his value over the next few weeks as he will be playing really really important minutes.

If Smart plays his best basketball down the stretch and into the playoffs he could well push us to the 3 seed and into the ECF.

AB ET Thomas Sully etc would all also have to play really well, but if Marcus plays his best defense and hits one of those random Im gonna shoot 40% from deep for a month stretches I could certainly see him being one of the most important players in that stretch.

If he does that he gains a ton of credibility and with it, trade value. However if he continues the slump he was in the past few weeks and sees his role diminish into the playoffs his value will continue to sink.

Either is possible. I believe he will get hot in the next few weeks and bring his value up to where it was pre all-star break.

Its fun to speculate about draft night trades for Butler Okafor Cousins Griffin you name it, but both our players and picks have a very fluid value right now.

Any one of them can really drive their value up or down based on stretch run and playoff performances. The picks obviously are reliant on the lotto and the final seedings. I think 12 vs 15 is pretty relevant and obviously 1 or 2 vs 4 5 or 6 is hugely relevant in terms of trade value.

The nice thing is that it looks like a ton of really talented guys might hit the trade block this summer.

At the start of the year I never would have expected Griffin, Cousins, or Butler to be available at all and it looks like all 3 teams will at least listen to offers on them. Add to this the Philly bigs, Melo and second tier stars like Greg Monroe along with Al Horford and KD in FA and there are a lot of options for Danny to explore with his top 5 pick, mountains of cap space and legions of young guys and first rounders to bridge the gap between "Im listening" and "we have a deal"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
It's another site like Yibada. Fake stuff

I agree but what is legit nowadays? Bleacherreport does the same stuff and now is considered a legit site.  I'll still go by the old adage I'll  believe it when I see it.  CSN and A Sherrod Blakely who is the celtics insider talks out of his butt 90 percent of the time himself.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:49:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Sure why not