Author Topic: Celtics (43-31) at Trailblazers (39-36) Game #75 3/31/16  (Read 28783 times)

Re: Celtics (43-31) at Trailblazers (39-36) Game #75 3/31/16
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2016, 09:27:58 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
IT also only has a total of 10 assists in the last 4 games. That's concerning.

He had some great passes vs the Blazers that our guys just missed down the stretch.
I think he was definitely looking for shooters, he just is more likely to attack/shoot when there's no genuine shot blocker with a team like portland.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
IT also only has a total of 10 assists in the last 4 games. That's concerning.

He had some great passes vs the Blazers that our guys just missed down the stretch.
I think he was definitely looking for shooters, he just is more likely to attack/shoot when there's no genuine shot blocker with a team like portland.

It's hard to get assists without guys who can make shots around you.

With Crowder out (or, in this game, working his way back), the only shot makers out there are Bradley, Olynyk, and Jerebko.  Bradley's the one out of those who probably spends the most floor time with Isaiah.

Turner, Sullinger, Amir, Smart ... can't really depend on any of them to hit an open jumper.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2016, 08:00:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Just a tuff bunch of teams with guys out . 

They played good effort wise .

Road trips to the West are never easy.

I just got home and finally watched the game. Celtics must get another closer. It4 is great but he needs a tag team partner.  I laughed seeing Turner standing at the 3 point line as Thomas drove to the basket. If we are going to spread them out, at least have someone out there that can hit a 3.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird