Author Topic: Perry Ellis thoughts? 2016 NBA draft prospect  (Read 7822 times)

Perry Ellis thoughts? 2016 NBA draft prospect
« on: March 25, 2016, 03:07:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
comparison: Ryan Gomes

Just last night. Huge game 27 pts.  Leading Kansas to the elite 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcTDy7x_oE0

Re: Perry Ellis thoughts? 2016 NBA draft prospect
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 03:11:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
reading every year improved a part of his game/conditioning

could he play the SF spot?

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 03:16:38 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I know this isn't helpful to the thread or your question but is he african or cuban? I ask because he looks about 40 but claiming he's younger. I still have my doubts about Iblocka's age. ;D

(no offense to africans or cubans)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 09:53:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anyone? Any Kansas fans

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 09:55:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
21 pt performance two games ago

http://youtu.be/GHgruu6q9m4

Who is this guy??

That is a very good looking jump shot.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Perry Ellis? I'm more of a Calvin Klein guy.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 10:13:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I know this isn't helpful to the thread or your question but is he african or cuban? I ask because he looks about 40 but claiming he's younger. I still have my doubts about Iblocka's age. ;D

(no offense to africans or cubans)
He was balding before he grew hair. :)

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
NOOOOOOOOO

I irrationally hate Perry Ellis. For the four years he has been at Kansas, he's taken away shots and playtime from players with a greater NBA upside. If the Celtics draft him and play him ahead of younger players I like more I will know that Perry Ellis was sent here to torment me.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
NOOOOOOOOO

I irrationally hate Perry Ellis. For the four years he has been at Kansas, he's taken away shots and playtime from players with a greater NBA upside. If the Celtics draft him and play him ahead of younger players I like more I will know that Perry Ellis was sent here to torment me.

Is he not a willing passer?

I can see someone like the Spurs pick him. I know he is a hard worker and been at Kansas since the 80's.  But his game looks much more polished now.  Where did the explosion come from?  Super quick jump shot trigger

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
He will work his way onto the bottom of a teams bench and likely stick for a few years but I really don't see him as much of an NBA rotational player. He will likely have a great Euro career. In the NBA he will have to be a glue guy on the bench a player who can fill in and play mistake free. He is stuck as the worst kind of tweener. In an era that is pro tweeners the 4/3 who isnt a knock know 3pt shooter and is defensive liability is still on the outside looking in. He will similply have alot of trouble guarding SFs in space and at his size, length and strenth he will struggle on the block vs real PFs.

With all that said if the Cs had roster space (they dont) I would gladly take him in the late 2nd.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
He will work his way onto the bottom of a teams bench and likely stick for a few years but I really don't see him as much of an NBA rotational player. He will likely have a great Euro career. In the NBA he will have to be a glue guy on the bench a player who can fill in and play mistake free. He is stuck as the worst kind of tweener. In an era that is pro tweeners the 4/3 who isnt a knock know 3pt shooter and is defensive liability is still on the outside looking in. He will similply have alot of trouble guarding SFs in space and at his size, length and strenth he will struggle on the block vs real PFs.

With all that said if the Cs had roster space (they dont) I would gladly take him in the late 2nd.

last time I remember , he was a good team defender .  Good effort on the 1 on 1

His quickess has become better and this could help him out defend SFs better

I don't see him as a PF.  More like a power small forward (marcus morris, pj tucker)

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 11:24:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I have never seen him do these things before. who is this guy lol

i'm highly interested in picking Ellis with one of our later picks.   Just goes to show you what dedication and hard work can do.  his body has improved two folds.  He is a good shooter now also (reading he practiced 3 pt shooting from the nba line in the offseason).   Hard worker on the court.   Another fit under CBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6Oc6EKPjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcW23ddbks

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

I don't see him as a PF.  More like a power small forward (marcus morris, pj tucker)

I dont really like the Morris or Tucker comp, the morris brothers are more athletic then Ellis and Tucker was a super physical 6'5 bull dog of a PF who developed a 3pt shot and carved out a 3-D niche at SF. Ellis will have to more follow the Scal / Brian Cardnal mold and become a consistent NBA 3pt shooter who can give a team solid high IQ minutes as a hybrid forward. It is very plausible that he can do this but it still puts his ceiling as the 8th or 9th man on a good team. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I dont really like the Morris or Tucker comp, the morris brothers are more athletic then Ellis and Tucker was a super physical 6'5 bull dog of a PF who developed a 3pt shot and carved out a 3-D niche at SF. Ellis will have to more follow the Scal / Brian Cardnal mold and become a consistent NBA 3pt shooter who can give a team solid high IQ minutes as a hybrid forward. It is very plausible that he can do this but it still puts his ceiling as the 8th or 9th man on a good team.

You need to check out some games this season. Forget what you know of him before

this is why I'm stunned also.

His explosiveness is noticeable this year.  He is in no way shape or form Scal or Cardinal. Those guys move like slugs. 

Please check out the links above/re watch games/check out his tournament games. 

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 11:51:29 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
FWIW, listed at #59 in DraftExpress latest mock.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Perry-Ellis-6288/

Strikes me as a crafty player, skilled around the basket, with a decent face-up game. Willing defender, if not a good individual one. I wonder if he'll be strong enough to play vs. PF, or quick enough to guard opposing 3s. Classic tweener.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague