Author Topic: Next Years Team That Can Win It All  (Read 2567 times)

Re: Next Years Team That Can Win It All
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 05:11:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if we win next year, it won't be with Durant.  he's likely staying in OKC at least for next year.

this offseason, best hope for improving for next season is to sign Horford as a FA, trade package along the lines of Sully (resigned to reasonable deal), AB, Rozier, Dallas and C's picks to Cleveland for Love and use Brooklyn pick on BPA.  (Would consider a smaller deal for Noel or a bigger deal for Griffin due to Love's contract)

When Durant may actually consider changing teams in 2017 draft class, we have a solid roster to lure him and hopefully the cap room to sign him (which with Love may not be possible so I'm willing to find someone who's a solid upgrade at PF that's a lot cheaper than Love)

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 04:11:14 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
No thanks. Ibaka in particular has had a horrible season. My pipedream is to trade AB + a boatload of picks (including Bkn '16) for Jimmy Butler, sign Horford + Durant, and you've got:

IT/Smart
Butler/Smart
KD/Crowder
Crowder/Olynyk
Horford/Olynyk.

This team isn't nearly as deep as this year's, with only 7 above-average players. However, it's an outrageously talented starting lineup. I don't think there will be cap space to bring back any of Amir, Sully, Jerebko, Zeller or Turner. We'll be counting on guys like Mickey, Rozier, Hunter, and a couple rookies to step up; I think there's good odds that at least one or two of them will step up and play decently well in 20mpg. Another question mark is whether Horford is willing to play C full-time; I'm guessing he'd be happy to do it for a chance at multiple rings.
Just a query, I'm not hating. But if we're looking to go all in on a win now team wouldn't it make more sense to put Smart in the trade over Bradley? As a 6th man Bradley provides more than Smart at the moment.
I also think Smart has a higher ceiling and Chi would more likely want him. I'd be skeptical of throwing so many assets at Butler who has been quite injury prone in recent years but it'd certainly make us the beast in the east

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 01:04:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I got Anthony Davis in my win it all next year if we can score a top 2 pick and get Pelicans to snap.

Simmons/Ingram, Dallas pick, AJ, JJ, Rozier, Mickey and 2018 Nets pick for Davis and Asik.

Trade up in draft using 23, 31, and 35 for Lab.
Draft Yogi, Finn-Smith and Warney all seniors by the way.

Sign KD. With Davis, the core still intact and that draft group KD has to like C's roster more so than OKC.

Starters=IT, AB, KD, AD, KO
Bench= Smart, Hunter, Crowder, Asik
Reserves=Yogi, Young, Smith, Lab, Warney