Author Topic: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread  (Read 93442 times)

Re: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread
« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2017, 04:36:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Team            Record  Games Back

1. Boston         48-26    0   (Ah, it's so good to finally write that!)
2. Cleveland     47-26    .5
3. Washington 46-28    2
4. Toronto        45-29    3
5. Atlanta         38-36    10
6. Milwaukee     38-36    10
7. Indiana         37-37   11
8. Miami           36-38   12

9. Chicago        35-39    13
10. Detroit       34-41    14.5
11. Charlotte    33-41   15

Bold = games still yet to be played tonight/yet to be determined

Milwaukee at Boston

Atlanta at Philadelphia

Charlotte at Toronto

Miami at New York Knicks

Indiana at Memphis

Washington at LAC

Huge night for the Eastern playoff seeding again, and there's lots of potential for movement tonight:

Boston can go a full game up on Cleveland in the first seed.

A Toronto win and Washington loss would move Toronto to the third seed and Washington to the fourth seed.

A Miami win and Indiana loss would move Miami to the seventh seed and Indiana to the eighth seed, which would be excellent for us.

An Atlanta win and Milwaukee loss would give Atlanta a full game lead on Milwaukee for the fifth seed.

Indiana is in a very, very precarious position right now. If they lose tonight, which is likely playing in the grindhouse on the second night of a back to back, they'll be in 8th just 1.5 games up on Chicago. The rest of their schedule after tonight looks like this: @ Toronto, @ Cleveland, vs. Toronto, vs. Milwaukee, @ Orlando, @ Philadelphia, and vs. Atlanta, which is a crazy difficult schedule the rest of the way. Here's the Bulls schedule the rest of the way: vs. Cleveland, vs. Atlanta, @ New Orleans, @ NYK, @ Philadelphia, @ Brooklyn, vs. Orlando, and vs. Brooklyn. Here's the Heat's schedule the rest of the way: @ NYK, vs. NYK, vs. DEN, @ CHA, @ TOR, @ Washington, vs. Cleveland, vs. Washington.

What's worse is that Chicago currently holds the tiebreaker over Indiana due to a better division record of 8-7 vs. Indiana's 7-7, and in the case that they both tie in the division record, Chicago holds a 2 game lead on the conference record over Indiana with a much, much easier schedule down the stretch. So essentially, Indiana is pretty much going to have to win their game in Cleveland and vs. Milwaukee and hope that Chicago loses to Cleveland tomorrow night if they want the tiebreaker over Chicago. Otherwise, both Miami and Chicago will own the tiebreakers over Indiana, which is not good at all for Indiana since they'll all be competing for those last two spots pretty closely.

Bold Prediction: Indiana misses out on the playoffs due to losing a tiebreaker to one of Miami or Chicago, setting up a George trade somewhere this offseason.

Perfect Night - Boston win/Milwaukee loss, Atlanta win, Toronto win/Charlotte loss, Miami win, Indiana loss, and a Washington loss.

« Reply #376 on: March 29, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

3. Washington 46-28    2

Milwaukee at Boston

Atlanta at Philadelphia

Charlotte at Toronto

Miami at New York Knicks

Indiana at Memphis

Washington at LAC

Huge night for the Eastern playoff seeding again, and there's lots of potential for movement tonight:

A Toronto win and Washington loss would move Toronto to the third seed and Washington to the fourth seed.

A Miami win and Indiana loss would move Miami to the seventh seed and Indiana to the eighth seed, which would be excellent for us.

An Atlanta win and Milwaukee loss would give Atlanta a full game lead on Milwaukee for the fifth seed.

Indiana is in a very, very precarious position right now. If they lose tonight, which is likely playing in the grindhouse on the second night of a back to back, they'll be in 8th just 1.5 games up on Chicago. The rest of their schedule after tonight looks like this: @ Toronto, @ Cleveland, vs. Toronto, vs. Milwaukee, @ Orlando, @ Philadelphia, and vs. Atlanta, which is a crazy difficult schedule the rest of the way. Here's the Bulls schedule the rest of the way: vs. Cleveland, vs. Atlanta, @ New Orleans, @ NYK, @ Philadelphia, @ Brooklyn, vs. Orlando, and vs. Brooklyn. Here's the Heat's schedule the rest of the way: @ NYK, vs. NYK, vs. DEN, @ CHA, @ TOR, @ Washington, vs. Cleveland, vs. Washington.

What's worse is that Chicago currently holds the tiebreaker over Indiana due to a better division record of 8-7 vs. Indiana's 7-7, and in the case that they both tie in the division record, Chicago holds a 2 game lead on the conference record over Indiana with a much, much easier schedule down the stretch. So essentially, Indiana is pretty much going to have to win their game in Cleveland and vs. Milwaukee and hope that Chicago loses to Cleveland tomorrow night if they want the tiebreaker over Chicago. Otherwise, both Miami and Chicago will own the tiebreakers over Indiana, which is not good at all for Indiana since they'll all be competing for those last two spots pretty closely.

Bold Prediction: Indiana misses out on the playoffs due to losing a tiebreaker to one of Miami or Chicago, setting up a George trade somewhere this offseason.

Perfect Night - Boston win/Milwaukee loss, Atlanta win, Toronto win/Charlotte loss, Miami win, Indiana loss, and a Washington loss.

TP for the summary.

I think we want to see washington in the 2nd round statistically speaking, but part of me really wants to bury Toronto in a 7 game series.

Regardless, it would be nice to meet either Cleveland or Toronto in the ECF after they've beaten each other up for 6 or 7 games.

I think our path is Miami in round 1. Washington in round 2. ECF....Cleveland or Toronto.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #377 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

3. Washington 46-28    2

Milwaukee at Boston

Atlanta at Philadelphia

Charlotte at Toronto

Miami at New York Knicks

Indiana at Memphis

Washington at LAC

TP for the summary.

I think we want to see washington in the 2nd round statistically speaking, but part of me really wants to bury Toronto in a 7 game series.

Regardless, it would be nice to meet either Cleveland or Toronto in the ECF after they've beaten each other up for 6 or 7 games.

I think our path is Miami in round 1. Washington in round 2. ECF....Cleveland or Toronto.

Same here, too. Washington is seemingly a much better matchup for us, but a TON of Raptors fans and personalities have been talking a bunch of crap lately about how they'd "love" to see us in the second round and would sweep us or beat us in five, even without homecourt advantage.

I'd love nothing more than to shut them up with a beatdown series, but I'm fine with taking the number one seed and facing the 4th seeded Wizards in the second round instead. They won't get past the Cavs anyways.

« Reply #378 on: March 29, 2017, 10:19:13 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Tough night for the Celtics. Not only we took the "L" but Miami winning tonight and the Pacers losing tonight means Miami is in 7th, causing a first round draw against them if playoffs started today!

Have to hope the Clippers do a favor and beat the Wizards to stay 2 games up on the loss column against them. We are also lucky the Raptors lost tonight. Hopes to a better end of the night. Go C's!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:33:21 PM by dwlefty13 »
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2017, 10:57:27 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

3. Washington 46-28    2

Milwaukee at Boston

Atlanta at Philadelphia

Charlotte at Toronto

Miami at New York Knicks

Indiana at Memphis

Washington at LAC

TP for the summary.

Same here, too. Washington is seemingly a much better matchup for us, but a TON of Raptors fans and personalities have been talking a bunch of crap lately about how they'd "love" to see us in the second round and would sweep us or beat us in five, even without homecourt advantage.

I'd love nothing more than to shut them up with a beatdown series, but I'm fine with taking the number one seed and facing the 4th seeded Wizards in the second round instead. They won't get past the Cavs anyways.

They lucky Paul Pierce isn't in the eastern conference anymore, cuz he usually rips the Raptors fans' hearts in the playoffs lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #380 on: March 30, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Well, Toronto lost at home to Charlotte and Washington lost in LA, so we picked a good night to falter, I guess. Maybe Chicago will do us a solid tomorrow night and take out the recently hapless Cavaliers.

« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2017, 02:05:44 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
Well, Toronto lost at home to Charlotte and Washington lost in LA, so we picked a good night to falter, I guess. Maybe Chicago will do us a solid tomorrow night and take out the recently hapless Cavaliers.

I'll be thrilled if Chicago beat the Cavs tomorrow. But I don't see LeBron James losing three in a row, especially after that beatdown they got in AT&T Center. I expect a blowout win for the Cavs at United Center.

« Reply #382 on: March 30, 2017, 02:36:19 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I'll be thrilled if Chicago beat the Cavs tomorrow. But I don't see LeBron James losing three in a row, especially after that beatdown they got in AT&T Center. I expect a blowout win for the Cavs at United Center.

A good point.
However, Chicago has proven most of the time they beat the top teams this season against all odds.

« Reply #383 on: March 30, 2017, 03:56:25 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

A good point.
However, Chicago has proven most of the time they beat the top teams this season against all odds.

Yea and Chicago is only a game or so out of the 8th spot right? So they  have something to play for
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #384 on: March 30, 2017, 07:05:33 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

A good point.

Especially the Cavs. The Bulls are 3-0 against them this year.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #385 on: March 30, 2017, 09:49:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
Let's go Lakers! Let's go Bulls!

« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
First place again!  :P

« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2017, 10:34:23 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
LOL.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
First place again!  :P
And Cleveland falling like a stone...who'da thunk....

« Reply #389 on: March 30, 2017, 10:40:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Washington has Utah and GSW next two games.

Toronto is playing really well.

Indiana is currently the 8 seed.

1. Celtics
2. Cavs--> strugling
3. Raptors--> playing well and getting Lowry back
4. Wizards --> fading
5. Atl/Mil
6. Atl/Mil
7. Miami
8. Indiana

is a dream scenario for me.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.