Author Topic: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread  (Read 93571 times)

Re: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2016, 03:57:26 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
If Boston beats Miami they will be either the 4th or 5th seed.  Boston will be 4th facing Miami 5th if Atlanta wins.  If Atlanta loses then Miami wins the tie breaker by winning the division and this gives Atlanta the 4th seed and Boston the 5th.

If Boston loses to Miami then Miami gets the 3rd seed.  The Atlanta outcome does not matter then and Atlanta is the 4th seed.  Boston is then 5th facing Atlanta if Charlotte loses, or 6th facing Miami if Charlotte wins.

The only way Boston gets home court is if Atlanta wins and Boston wins.

« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2016, 08:45:16 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
If Boston beats Miami they will be either the 4th or 5th seed.  Boston will be 4th facing Miami 5th if Atlanta wins.  If Atlanta loses then Miami wins the tie breaker by winning the division and this gives Atlanta the 4th seed and Boston the 5th.

If Boston loses to Miami then Miami gets the 3rd seed.  The Atlanta outcome does not matter then and Atlanta is the 4th seed.  Boston is then 5th facing Atlanta if Charlotte loses, or 6th facing Miami if Charlotte wins.

Very clear explanation, TP.

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2016, 09:04:25 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Crazy night!
I just want to win tonight, I don't want to finish the season with 3 loses to our main competitors. 

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

"If Boston beats Miami they will be either the 4th or 5th seed.  Boston will be 4th facing Miami 5th if Atlanta wins." BUT not if Charlotte loses, in that case Boston will be 4th and Charlotte will be 5th

(sorry I dont know how to quote just a portion of someones post)

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Credit some guy on Reddit. This is assuming Miami would win last night against detroit (which they did).

So in these circumstances we can't play Charlotte at all? Is the picture even accurate?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Credit some guy on Reddit. This is assuming Miami would win last night against detroit (which they did).

So in these circumstances we can't play Charlotte at all? Is the picture even accurate?

the second from the left result is incorrect, if orlando wins we play charlotte not Miami with HCA (which i wish wasn't the case as I already have game tickets for miami series and one flight based on us playing them game 1 and 2  and  another flight if we play them game 3 and 4. although i'm a celtics season ticket holder and going to games here as well )

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2016, 03:19:04 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

"If Boston beats Miami they will be either the 4th or 5th seed.  Boston will be 4th facing Miami 5th if Atlanta wins." BUT not if Charlotte loses, in that case Boston will be 4th and Charlotte will be 5th

(sorry I dont know how to quote just a portion of someones post)

If Charlotte loses they are the 6th seed period.  They will only have 47 wins and can only tie Boston if Boston loses.  In this scenario Boston wins the tie breaker and will be the 5th seed against the hawks 4th seed.

I did leave 1 scenario out of my post though.  If Atlanta, Boston and Charlotte all win. This results in a 3 way tie between Bos., Mia. and Cha.

Atlanta    49-33
Boston    48-34
Charlotte 48-34
Miami      48-34

Miami gets the 6 seed based on head to head games between the 3 teams.  Boston 5-1, Charlotte 3-4 and Miami 2-5.  The reddit post above is incorrect and hard to read.  Crazy ending to the season with only 2 of 8 playoff series decided going into the last day.

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
In other words...
LET'S GO CELTICS LET'S GO HAWKS TONIGHT!!!
 ;D 8) ???

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2016, 05:42:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I realize the Reddit picture I got and posted is incorrect. Sorry about that guys.

SB Nation has a cool simulator though, which goes through game by game:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/4/13/11420508/nba-playoffs-2016-eastern-conference-flowchart
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2016, 03:55:42 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
I dont mean to be a control freak, but maybe it's time to unsticky this thread  :)

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2016, 06:56:28 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Miami went from No.6 seed and playing the Hawks to No.3 seed and playing Charlotte with that Atlanta loss... this is absolutely ridiculous...

Do you think Atlanta lost on purpose so that they didn't have to face Miami in the 1st round? Man, I really hate this Hawks team... >:(
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2016, 07:46:35 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
In other words...
LET'S GO CELTICS LET'S GO HAWKS TONIGHT!!!
 ;D 8) ???
Did Atlanta tank on purpose to face the Celtics, the "easier" opponent?

« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2016, 08:17:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Miami went from No.6 seed and playing the Hawks to No.3 seed and playing Charlotte with that Atlanta loss... this is absolutely ridiculous...

Do you think Atlanta lost on purpose so that they didn't have to face Miami in the 1st round? Man, I really hate this Hawks team... >:(

Yes

« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2016, 08:54:53 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Just had a furious 1 hour skirmish with a muskrat that I exec-uted. Come and get your McWooden McLoving garland stick shift pick-ease.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2016, 10:05:33 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
IMHO, the mods should unpin this post now that the new season has started.