Author Topic: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread  (Read 93436 times)

Re: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2016, 11:01:33 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
If the Cavs lock up the top seed, I wouldn't want to be in 4-5 seed matchup with the Heat, the leagues money men would be doing anything in their power to ensure a Lebron-Heat round two playoff series, the officiating could reach embarrassing levels. >:(

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Looks like Miami Heat destroying the Sac-town Kings.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2016, 11:19:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I'll GLADLY play Charlotte in the first round with them having home-court advantage. Upset city!

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2016, 12:13:27 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
miami only up 5

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2016, 12:21:40 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
2-point game between Miami and Sactown! Wow!

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2016, 01:30:01 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Well with the huge win against GS, I think the 3 seed is back in play. We gotta win the ones we should, against LA, NO, and Milwaukee. Then got to take 2 out of 3 against Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte. I think 49 wins gets us there.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2016, 05:42:16 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Well with the huge win against GS, I think the 3 seed is back in play. We gotta win the ones we should, against LA, NO, and Milwaukee. Then got to take 2 out of 3 against Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte. I think 49 wins gets us there.

I think the game vs the Hawks is a must win. we hold the tiebreak against both heat and hornets, so as long as the loss is against 1 of them I think we're fine. better to win all of them though and end all probabilities. that'll keep us at 32 losses, 33 for the hawks who holds the tiebreak over us, 32 for the heat and hornets who we hold tiebreak over even if all three teams win all of their remaining games except the ones against us.

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Miami Heat (44-31)
@ Blazers
vs Pistons
vs Bulls
@ Magic
vs Magic
@ Pistons
@ Celtics

Charlotte Hornets (44-31)
@ Cavaliers
@ Raptors
@ Knicks
vs Nets
@ Wizards
@ Celtics
vs Magic

Atlanta Hawks (45-32)
vs Suns
vs Raptors
vs Celtics
@ Cavaliers
@ Wizards

Celtics (44-32)
@ Lakers
vs Pelicans
vs Bucks
@ Hawks
vs Hornets
vs Heat

Apparently depending on how we do in our final 3 games, we could end up anywhere between the 3rd and the 6th spot, however I am confident that the C's will end up above both Miami and Charlotte even if we lose to them, since they have a tougher schedule overall and I cannot see us losing both games against them at Boston.

Our main competitor for the 3rd seed is Atlanta and I do not see them losing any other game. In other words we would probably have to win all our remaining games if we want to hope for that 3rd spot to avoid a 2nd round matchup with the Cavs (going undefeated guarantees the 3rd seed anyway) which is highly improbable imho, but I don't see us go lower than 4th either.

My prediction is that we go 48-34 and get the 4th seed, facing the Heat in the 1st round of the playoffs. :)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2016, 11:07:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Miami Heat (44-31)
@ Blazers
vs Pistons
vs Bulls
@ Magic
vs Magic
@ Pistons
@ Celtics

@ Cavaliers
@ Raptors
@ Knicks
vs Nets
@ Wizards
@ Celtics
vs Magic

Atlanta Hawks (45-32)
vs Suns
vs Raptors
vs Celtics
@ Cavaliers
@ Wizards

Celtics (44-32)
@ Lakers
vs Pelicans
vs Bucks
@ Hawks
vs Hornets
vs Heat

Apparently depending on how we do in our final 3 games, we could end up anywhere between the 3rd and the 6th spot, however I am confident that the C's will end up above both Miami and Charlotte even if we lose to them, since they have a tougher schedule overall and I cannot see us losing both games against them at Boston.

Our main competitor for the 3rd seed is Atlanta and I do not see them losing any other game. In other words we would probably have to win all our remaining games if we want to hope for that 3rd spot to avoid a 2nd round matchup with the Cavs (going undefeated guarantees the 3rd seed anyway) which is highly improbable imho, but I don't see us go lower than 4th either.

My prediction is that we go 48-34 and get the 4th seed, facing the Heat in the 1st round of the playoffs. :)

Thanks for posting this. I forgot to update it last night.

I disagree about the Hawks. They actually have a pretty rough schedule, and I think they lose two of the games versus Toronto, Cleveland, and us. If Washington is still fighting for the playoffs, then they won't be an easy out, either (they just lost to them a week or so ago).

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2016, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Good news for the seedings: Miami is down 17 to Portland at halftime. With the tiebreakers that they have already lost, I don't see them having home-court at all if they lose tonight. They play the Pistons twice (0-2 vs them this season), a Bulls team fighting for the playoffs, twice against the Magic (who sometimes like to show up an play excellent ball), and against us the last game of the season (0-2 vs us this season). There's no way that they're not losing at least two of those games the rest of the way.

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2016, 12:27:45 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Well, after last night's win in Golden State and tonight's Miami loss to Portland, here are the current standings:

1) Cleveland 54-22
2) Toronto 51-25
3) Charlotte 44-31
4) Atlanta 45-32
5) Boston 44-32
6) Miami 44-32
7) Detroit 41-36
8 ) Indiana 40-36

This is pretty much the worst case scenario for us right now - facing Atlanta in the first round and a date with Cleveland in the second round. But don't expect it to stay like this, because we probably have the easiest remaining schedule of the four teams with Atlanta and Miami having tough schedules and Charlotte having a schedule about like ours, though we own the tiebreaker with them.

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
So if Boston beats LA tomorrow, Boston clinches a playoff spot right

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
No Irving tonight against Charlotte. Cleveland will probably win anyway, but they also might not.

I'm curious if Brad will ever start resting players. The team is so deep that no one plays a lot of minutes, but who knows.

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
No Irving tonight against Charlotte. Cleveland will probably win anyway, but they also might not.

I'm curious if Brad will ever start resting players. The team is so deep that no one plays a lot of minutes, but who knows.

I think Cleveland is better without Kyrie. That means more Lebron handling and distributing the ball and less nonexistent defense from Kyrie.

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2016, 06:04:39 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Miami Heat (44-31)
@ Blazers
vs Pistons
vs Bulls
@ Magic
vs Magic
@ Pistons
@ Celtics

@ Cavaliers
@ Raptors
@ Knicks
vs Nets
@ Wizards
@ Celtics
vs Magic

Atlanta Hawks (45-32)
vs Suns
vs Raptors
vs Celtics
@ Cavaliers
@ Wizards

Celtics (44-32)
@ Lakers
vs Pelicans
vs Bucks
@ Hawks
vs Hornets
vs Heat

Thanks for posting this. I forgot to update it last night.

I disagree about the Hawks. They actually have a pretty rough schedule, and I think they lose two of the games versus Toronto, Cleveland, and us. If Washington is still fighting for the playoffs, then they won't be an easy out, either (they just lost to them a week or so ago).

I think the Hawks' schedule will turn out to be much easier than it seems, as I see both Cleveland and Toronto resting their starters since they got their seeds locked up (it might be too early for the Raptors game, but I am 100% sure that the Cavs will rest their Big 3, just like they did against us last year). Also, I expect the Wizards to be out of the playoff race by the time Atlanta plays them.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...