Author Topic: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread  (Read 93452 times)

Re: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Looking like we could finish up at 4 and 4 for the season due to injury. Man is Crowder valuable to this team. We are simply exposed without him in the lineup.

I am hoping we end up being a 4 or 5 seed because that gives us Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte or long shot Detroit in the first round. We should have a healthy Jae Crowder back and that gives us an excellent chance at a first round victory against those 4 teams.

If we slide or luck isnt with us we draw Toronto and that is a likely first round exit regardless. They have had our number this year and I dont see it changing for the playoffs.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Looking like we could finish up at 4 and 4 for the season due to injury. Man is Crowder valuable to this team. We are simply exposed without him in the lineup.

I am hoping we end up being a 4 or 5 seed because that gives us Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte or long shot Detroit in the first round. We should have a healthy Jae Crowder back and that gives us an excellent chance at a first round victory against those 4 teams.

If we slide or luck isnt with us we draw Toronto and that is a likely first round exit regardless. They have had our number this year and I dont see it changing for the playoffs.

It really seems pretty unlikely (almost impossible) we will play Toronto in the first round. We are 4 games up on Detroit (the current 7th season) in the loss column and they have a pretty brutal end of season schedule with 4 road games and every team they play fighting for the playoffs (although wizards are pretty much done)

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 07:44:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
With Jae only going to play tonight and probably not tomorrow, we really need a win tonight to stay in the home court advantage race. Somehow I saw that Portland is like 3 point favorites for this game. I don't see it. I think we matchup well with them and should take this game.

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 12:42:24 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Well, after some horrible officiating and our starting guards blowing the Trailblazers game for us with stupid, forced play at the end of the game, we're now solely in the sixth spot of the East:

1) Cleveland 53-22
2) Toronto 50-24
3) Atlanta 45-31
4) Charlotte 43-31
5) Miami 43-31
6) Boston 43-32
7) Detroit 40-35
8 ) Indiana 39-36

Between that loss and a probable loss to the Warriors tomorrow night, we're probably now out of the running for the number three seed and possibly even home court advantage, especially given the easier schedules for Miami and Charlotte coming up.

To me, it now becomes about positioning. Do what you can to avoid Atlanta in the first round is priority number one, and priority number two would be to try and avoid facing Cleveland in the second round.

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 12:44:04 AM »

Offline TheTruth

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
Yay draft pick positioning.

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 12:48:10 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Well, after some horrible officiating and our starting guards blowing the Trailblazers game for us with stupid, forced play at the end of the game, we're now solely in the sixth spot of the East:

1) Cleveland 53-22
2) Toronto 50-24
3) Atlanta 45-31
4) Charlotte 43-31
5) Miami 43-31
6) Boston 43-32
7) Detroit 40-35
8 ) Indiana 39-36

Between that loss and a probable loss to the Warriors tomorrow night, we're probably now out of the running for the number three seed and possibly even home court advantage, especially given the easier schedules for Miami and Charlotte coming up.

To me, it now becomes about positioning. Do what you can to avoid Atlanta in the first round is priority number one, and priority number two would be to try and avoid facing Cleveland in the second round.

Don't talk about round 2. Talk about how the Celtics are going to survive a 7-game series with whoever they face in the first-round.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
thanks for sticking this Donoghus

we are 6th seed now, and have a difficult schedule ahead

it would not bother me one bit if we stayed sixth

at any rate, we can play the rest of the season with very little stress

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 12:51:10 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

1) Cleveland 53-22
2) Toronto 50-24
3) Atlanta 45-31
4) Charlotte 43-31
5) Miami 43-31
6) Boston 43-32
7) Detroit 40-35
8 ) Indiana 39-36

Don't talk about round 2. Talk about how the Celtics are going to survive a 7-game series with whoever they face in the first-round.

Well, they're 4-0 against Miami and Charlotte, and they matchup very well with both of them. I'm not really concerned about playing either of them in the playoffs. We're also stumbling right now, but it's no coincidence that we've had major injury issues during this time, too.

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 12:53:00 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
thanks for sticking this Donoghus

we are 6th seed now, and have a difficult schedule ahead

it would not bother me one bit if we stayed sixth

at any rate, we can play the rest of the season with very little stress

I'm only wanting sixth if Miami or Charlotte make it up to third, which is possible given Atlanta's really tough schedule the rest of the way.

The perfect positioning would be Charlotte third, Miami fourth, Atlanta fifth, and Boston sixth, because if Miami beats Atlanta, they have a decent chance of knocking off Cleveland in the second round. I also think we win pretty handily against Charlotte in the first round, too.

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 12:55:01 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

1) Cleveland 53-22
2) Toronto 50-24
3) Atlanta 45-31
4) Charlotte 43-31
5) Miami 43-31
6) Boston 43-32
7) Detroit 40-35
8 ) Indiana 39-36

Well, they're 4-0 against Miami and Charlotte, and they matchup very well with both of them. I'm not really concerned about playing either of them in the playoffs. We're also stumbling right now, but it's no coincidence that we've had major injury issues during this time, too.

Agreed. Avoid Atlanta at all costs. I'm hoping for Miami or Charlotte please. We can win a series against them
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 08:38:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wade (neck) out vs kings.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Wade (neck) out vs kings.

Oh wow, that's big, especially because that looked like a certain win for Miami with Boogie being suspended.

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Well, a lot is going to depend upon the result of this Cavs/Hawks game. If they win against Cleveland tonight, the number three seed is all but wrapped up for them out of our grasp. We won't want the number 6 seed then.

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 10:41:12 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Well, a lot is going to depend upon the result of this Cavs/Hawks game. If they win against Cleveland tonight, the number three seed is all but wrapped up for them out of our grasp. We won't want the number 6 seed then.
TP, completely agree. If the Hawks are the 3 seed I want no part of the 6 seed.

Trying to avoid the Cavs in the second round does no good if we can't get out of the first round.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 10:49:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Lebron is pretty bad at clutch time for as good as he is.