Author Topic: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread  (Read 93952 times)

Re: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I ll go ballastic if Celtics drop,a,game to nets ......

« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
As of now the Heat holds the 8th seed in the playoffs due to percentage points of the Bucks (who is playing the Clippers). Absolutely remarkable run they've made to from 11-30 to 33-35 and a playoff spot at the moment.

Doubt any team wants the Heat in Round 1.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:56 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
As of now the Heat holds the 8th seed in the playoffs due to percentage points of the Bucks (who is playing the Clippers). Absolutely remarkable run they've made to from 11-30 to 33-35 and a playoff spot at the moment.

Doubt any team wants the Heat in Round 1.

That would be awful pairing up with MIA...

« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2017, 11:44:50 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
538 has both the Cavs and Celts at 48% to get the top seed in the East.

« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
People are really overrating the Heat on here. Yes, they're hot right now, but there's a reason we've literally swept them in every single game we've played against them the last two years.

Outside of Whiteside, we match up really well with that team. I'd expect anything from a sweep to a pretty easy 5 game series. They're just a team that doesn't scare me, especially with home court advantage.

« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Love is back tonight for Cleveland. They have two big games against the Jazz and Clippers this weekend, so he was needed. Could put a damper on the potential one seed chase. We'll see.

« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2017, 12:37:17 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
People are really overrating the Heat on here. Yes, they're hot right now, but there's a reason we've literally swept them in every single game we've played against them the last two years.

Outside of Whiteside, we match up really well with that team. I'd expect anything from a sweep to a pretty easy 5 game series. They're just a team that doesn't scare me, especially with home court advantage.

I have to agree here, we should not be afraid of the Heat.

I actually think Whiteside is a negative for them in a matchup with us, we have bigs that pull him out of the paint and negate his strengths. The bigger issue for us is Dragic and his ability to control a game. I would expect us to advance quite easily in that matchup though

« Reply #247 on: March 17, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Get ready with your bazooka, Cs always play to the level of their competition and with no IT, its not going to be easy since the Nets have a grudge knowing we stole their picks from them.

« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Get ready with your bazooka, Cs always play to the level of their competition and with no IT, its not going to be easy since the Nets have a grudge knowing we stole their picks from them.

Eh...while I agree the Celtics play down to the level of their competition, I am pretty sure the actual players on the Nets don't hold grudges about any picks. Most of them were never even there when that trade happened, and they care primarily about their own careers and opportunities. They would prefer to not have a top 5 draft talent join the team each year and threaten their playing time and roster spot. Other than Lopez, those guys all want to get their first big contract, they need playing time and shots more than anything else.

« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

We beat the Nets by 19 the last game in Brooklyn, so your assertion appears incorrect.

« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

The Celtics actually have the best record in the East against teams under .500

this year Ive seen both the narrative that the Celtics cant beat good teams and dont beat bad teams.

So who does that leave? How the hell have we gotten to second in the East without beating the good teams or the bad ones? help me out here.

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2017, 12:53:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

The Celtics actually have the best record in the East against teams under .500

this year Ive seen both the narrative that the Celtics cant beat good teams and dont beat bad teams.

So who does that leave? How the hell have we gotten to second in the East without beating the good teams or the bad ones? help me out here.

Oh...they most often beat the bad teams, they just let them stay in the game too long most nights.

They beat good teams too, i.e. Cleveland and GS included.

« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

We kick butt against the medium ones.

Mike

« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Mike

That can't be, because we're going to lose in the first round.

« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Mike

That can't be, because we're going to lose in the first round.
So we arent good against great teams, bad teams, medium teams or teams in our range in the East.

This leaves, by my count, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Utah Jazz.

We are bad against everyone else.