Author Topic: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread  (Read 93960 times)

Re: Celtics Playoff Seeding Thread
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Miami's likely gonna make the playoffs. Leave them for the Cavs.

Give me Miami every day of the week. Outside of Charlotte, who won't make the playoffs at all, they're probably our number one matchup. We're 6-0 against Miami the past two seasons with one more matchup coming up against them this season.

All those wins were without Dion Waiters playing. They're 20-4 since Jan. 17, the best record in the NBA. He's hitting 45 percent from 3-point range over his past 20 games.

Again, Dion Waiters is no reason to be worried about Miami. We'd more than likely sweep them.

He's a good player, don't get me wrong. But if we can contain the Currys and Thompsons of the world with three of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, we can contain Dion Waiters.

« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
Pistons leading the Cavs leading to half-time.

« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2017, 09:19:51 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Miami's likely gonna make the playoffs. Leave them for the Cavs.

Give me Miami every day of the week. Outside of Charlotte, who won't make the playoffs at all, they're probably our number one matchup. We're 6-0 against Miami the past two seasons with one more matchup coming up against them this season.

All those wins were without Dion Waiters playing. They're 20-4 since Jan. 17, the best record in the NBA. He's hitting 45 percent from 3-point range over his past 20 games.

Again, Dion Waiters is no reason to be worried about Miami. We'd more than likely sweep them.

He's a good player, don't get me wrong. But if we can contain the Currys and Thompsons of the world with three of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, we can contain Dion Waiters.
Dragic is another one who plays well against us. He seems to know how to take adavnatage of IT size.
That are playing very good and are a threat!

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Detroit back up 4 with 8 to go! C'mon, Detroit, do us a favor and beat Cleveland!

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
There will be no sweeps in the east this year .
Gaps are so small.

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2017, 09:39:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Cleveland is REALLY struggling with Detroit's size.

« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Cavs lose! Down just two games for the number one seed now!

The Cavs are in a BAADDDDDD way right now.

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Down goes Cleveland tonight! The Cavs look really vulnerable lately.

« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2017, 10:03:01 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Wow. Gotta be favorites for the 1 seed now given our crazy easy schedule.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2017, 10:14:06 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The Cavs are melting down and play a back to back against the Rockets in Houston on Sunday. We could be within one game by then if we keep the peddle to the metal.

Only real tough game we have coming up is a back to back against the wizards in a couple weeks...Which could be a huge game standings wise.

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2017, 08:09:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Things are starting to get a bit tricky with the playoff seeding.

With us having a legitimate shot of getting the number one seed, that might put us in a precarious position if Toronto stays in 4th, since I think pretty much everyone agrees that Toronto is a worse matchup for us than Washington.

Ideally, we'd get the number one seed and Toronto would pass up Washington in the standings and get the third seed. That'd also help us out by having Toronto really push Cleveland in the second round. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Toronto to tank for the fourth seed and a matchup with us to try and avoid Cleveland as long as possible, though that's a dangerous game as close as this race is going to be to the end.

Just something to keep an eye on.

Toronto plays in Atlanta tonight, and Boston is in Denver and Washington in Sacramento.

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
The Cavs are melting down and play a back to back against the Rockets in Houston on Sunday. We could be within one game by then if we keep the peddle to the metal.

Only real tough game we have coming up is a back to back against the wizards in a couple weeks...Which could be a huge game standings wise.

Technically, we could be tied with them after Sunday. If they would lose to both Orlando and Houston in their back to back, they would be at 42-23. If we'd beat both Denver tonight and Chicago on Sunday afternoon, we'd be 43-24 and tied with them in the standings.

Of course, they're not likely to lose both of those games, so assuming they lose only one of those games (probably Houston) they'd be 43-22. So we'd be just one game back of them if we take care of business the next two games.

« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2017, 08:47:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Technically, we could be tied with them after Sunday. If they would lose to both Orlando and Houston in their back to back, they would be at 42-23. If we'd beat both Denver tonight and Chicago on Sunday afternoon, we'd be 43-24 and tied with them in the standings.

Of course, they're not likely to lose both of those games, so assuming they lose only one of those games (probably Houston) they'd be 43-22. So we'd be just one game back of them if we take care of business the next two games.
both celtics and cavs are 5-5 over the last 10 games. the celtics had a chance to close the gap. but still enough time left to move into first. HCA would be nice.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2017, 11:32:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
So I just realized the Bulls are actually out of the playoff picture as of now.

If playoffs started today BOS would play DET.

That would actually be a favorable match up for us!

Same with Miami. I feel we match up well against them.

Not really against Chicago or even Indiana.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
So I just realized the Bulls are actually out of the playoff picture as of now.

If playoffs started today BOS would play DET.

That would actually be a favorable match up for us!

Same with Miami. I feel we match up well against them.

Not really against Chicago or even Indiana.

Yeah, I think people are overrating Miami quite a bit. Detroit actually is a not-great matchup for us, but they just don't have the overall talent and chemistry to beat a team like Boston, imo.

I think Indiana would be a decent matchup for us, though. We'd just have to control George from going off, which would be difficult. But the rest of the team doesn't worry me at all. They don't have the advantages against us that other teams do, like significant size and rebounding.