Poll

Should Knicks trade Porzingis for Cousins?

Yes
No
Yes, only if they get Rondo too.
No, trade Melo build around Porzingis.

Author Topic: Trade idea poll Knicks and Kings.  (Read 2363 times)

Trade idea poll Knicks and Kings.
« on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I know some want to talk about Cousins to the C's but I can't help feel Knicks and Kings is a perfect deal for both clubs. Assuming it's Lopez and Porzingis for Cousins only would either team balk? Also Knicks could then add Rondo in FA while Kings can attempt to draft Dunn with their draft pick. If this was done on draft night only when Dunn was sure to be available at Kings pick it would be great for Kings IMO.

Possible Kings team would rival Wolves as a big time upstart team with Dunn, McLemore, Gay, Porzingis, and WCS.

Knicks will be a force again with Rondo, Affalo, Melo, Williams, and Cousins.

Re: Trade idea poll Knicks and Kings.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 04:50:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yes -- but I kinda feel NYC should get something more. In addition to Cousins. Since I don't think anybody else will be offering any individual talent as talented as Porzingis is. Maybe NYC takes Rudy Gay as well and Knicks throw something else back. Maybe Afflalo.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No.  Knicks have a great opportunity right now with a feel-good fan favorite in Porzingis who is still very young.  They should be focused on building up a fun, competitive young team around KP.  Rejuvenate the Knicks brand as a team that will be competitive and entertaining for years to come.  Enough of the year-to-year boom or bust cycle with that club.

They should figure out if Melo is open to considering a trade to another big market competitor, e.g. Washington, Miami, or Chicago.  If he is, then try to get the maximum return for him.  If not, plan to have him retire a Knick, and think in terms of prolonging his ability to play at a high level by resting him and not playing him heavy minutes.

Either way, they should explore all of their options for acquiring relatively young talent that can complement Porzingis and grow around him.

In terms of big name acquisitions, they should look at relatively young superstars on teams that are floundering right now, who will be entering unrestricted free agency for the first time right around the time Porzingis is entering his prime.  The two names that come to mind for me are Anthony Davis and John Wall.   They should try to have a solid foundation in place, with a flourishing and happy Porzingis, by the time players like that are hitting the market.

The last thing they should do is trade the first exciting super-young possible-franchise-talent they've had in over a decade for a combustible big like Demarcus Cousins.  I really hate the idea of having Rondo as part of the package.

Rondo, Melo, Cousins.  Woof.  The potential for lack of effort, bad body language, lack of leadership skills,  etc with that trio leading the way is extraordinary.  Good luck to whoever tries to coach that team.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 04:53:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Yes -- but I kinda feel NYC should get something more. In addition to Cousins. Since I don't think anybody else will be offering any individual talent as talented as Porzingis is. Maybe NYC takes Rudy Gay as well and Knicks throw something else back. Maybe Afflalo.
That is an interesting idea. You are right things could be further expanded given the rosters. TP

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
No.  Knicks have a great opportunity right now with a feel-good fan favorite in Porzingis who is still very young.  They should be focused on building up a fun, competitive young team around KP.  Rejuvenate the Knicks brand as a team that will be competitive and entertaining for years to come.  Enough of the year-to-year boom or bust cycle with that club.

They should figure out if Melo is open to considering a trade to another big market competitor, e.g. Washington, Miami, or Chicago.  If he is, then try to get the maximum return for him.  If not, plan to have him retire a Knick, and think in terms of prolonging his ability to play at a high level by resting him and not playing him heavy minutes.

Either way, they should explore all of their options for acquiring relatively young talent that can complement Porzingis and grow around him.

In terms of big name acquisitions, they should look at relatively young superstars on teams that are floundering right now, who will be entering unrestricted free agency for the first time right around the time Porzingis is entering his prime.  The two names that come to mind for me are Anthony Davis and John Wall.   They should try to have a solid foundation in place, with a flourishing and happy Porzingis, by the time players like that are hitting the market.

The last thing they should do is trade the first exciting super-young possible-franchise-talent they've had in over a decade for a combustible big like Demarcus Cousins.
The way you put it that would kind of make Cousins untradeable. If you cant get a promising young stud for a top 10 player things are seriously wrong.

Also TP you had some good analysis on few post recently.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 06:14:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

The way you put it that would kind of make Cousins untradeable. If you cant get a promising young stud for a top 10 player things are seriously wrong.

I'm not saying that the Kings shouldn't expect to receive a player like Porzingis in return for Cousins, I'm just saying I think it'd be a bad idea for the Knicks to make that trade, all things considered.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Not that he would allow it but to me a Melo, Lopez and a future 1st for Cousins trade seems like it may make more sense if he bought in long term Cousins and prizingus could be scary good
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Not that he would allow it but to me a Melo, Lopez and a future 1st for Cousins trade seems like it may make more sense if he bought in long term Cousins and prizingus could be scary good
That offer would like get outbid by another team.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 03:50:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I'm not saying that the Kings shouldn't expect to receive a player like Porzingis in return for Cousins, I'm just saying I think it'd be a bad idea for the Knicks to make that trade, all things considered.
Kind if feels like a Knicks trade though

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Kind if feels like a Knicks trade though

Yeah, feels like the sort of thing they used to do.  Maybe they've finally learned.  Who knows?
- Mark Twain