Author Topic: Carmelo Anthony for Kevin Love makes sense for both teams  (Read 1703 times)

Carmelo Anthony for Kevin Love makes sense for both teams
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:45:30 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
It has become brutally obvious that Love cannot function next to James, they cannot co-exit as starters because they like the same spots on the floor and that makes Love a very expensive spot up shooter and poor defender.

I have alway maintained that the Wiggins trade will haunt them and it has.

The only option is to trade Love and the best fit is a direct swap for Anthony and it would benefit both teams.

Melo can play as a 4 next to Lebron and have a scorer who can play off the ball more and Love is perfect next to Porzingis as the main ball handler and can play in the paint on offence and defensively Porzingis can protect him with his blocking ability.

Thompson
Anthony
James
Shumpert
Irving

Re: Carmelo Anthony for Kevin Love makes sense for both teams
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 08:49:21 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Either Love or Melo would give the Cavs a much better chance at a championship than Wiggins.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Either Love or Melo would give the Cavs a much better chance at a championship than Wiggins.

Wiggins would be on a rookie scale contract still so essentially they could afford another short term max. Wiggins is also a rookie with no ego and even as a rookie is a two way athletic freak who could be anything you want him to be, he could man mark Curry, Leonard ect. all the dirty work that James and Irving don't want to do while being able to knock down thees and jump over anyone. James also needs to play the 4, a position that Love was brought in to do.

Wiggins would also assured the Cavs long term future as when Lebron begins to wind down, Irving and Wiggins would still be in their primes.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 08:57:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
No, they legitimately need high-end, defensive-minded, 3-and-D players like Bradley and Crowder to surround Kyrie and Lebron with. I don't think adding another one-way, ball-dominant player is the way to go for them. That's just one bigger mouth to feed.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 09:01:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My guess is that both teams would do it if Carmelo would consent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Weren't we supposed to get Love in this scenario at the trade deadline? I am not sure how people still feel about Love around here, but we certainly have the pieces to get a deal done. NYK should absolutely be selling on Carmelo and be bringing in younger, talented pieces.

But jpotter is right, AB and Crowder would be amazing on Cleveland, but I am not giving up Crowder, especially with the way we are playing without him.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 10:17:27 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Problem with this
Is that carmelo, Lebron and Kyrie
Are all ball dominant players
So they'd be playing iso a ton

Cavs need someone that can play offball, rebound, and play defense

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 11:19:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I really don't see Carmelo working in Cleveland.

Both guys are far too "alpha dog" IMHO.  They are both used to being 'the man' to take the last shot and IMHO they are both weak defensive players.

I know somebody will argue about Lebron not being so, but if you take a look at how many plays he takes off defensively...you can't afford that when you are starting alongside Melo. 

Kyrie is also a shocking defensive player.  Combine those three together and you're asking for trouble, and you also lose Love's rebounding at the PF spot if you start Melo in his place.  You'd probably need to start Tristan Thompson at center for rebounding, and that would be up there among the worst defensive lineups in the NBA. 

At least Love can control the boards.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 11:52:02 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I really don't see Carmelo working in Cleveland.

Both guys are far too "alpha dog" IMHO.  They are both used to being 'the man' to take the last shot and IMHO they are both weak defensive players.

I know somebody will argue about Lebron not being so, but if you take a look at how many plays he takes off defensively...you can't afford that when you are starting alongside Melo. 

Kyrie is also a shocking defensive player.  Combine those three together and you're asking for trouble, and you also lose Love's rebounding at the PF spot if you start Melo in his place.  You'd probably need to start Tristan Thompson at center for rebounding, and that would be up there among the worst defensive lineups in the NBA. 

At least Love can control the boards.

Actually, Carmelo is a pretty good rebounder for his size. Love is definitely better than Melo rebounding-wise, but Carmelo does have a nose for the boards, at least for someone who is 6'8''. In fact he's gotten better over the years.

However, I agree that they shouldn't go after Carmelo. He doesn't solve their problems. They just need more glue players around Lebron and Irving rather than another superstar. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask the Celtics about a Crowder-for-Love swap.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 12:15:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
His old lady would divorce him .   He is hen pecked to the TEE .....

She and their family are too comfortable to let him go .

IF he was not married to this particular high maintaince chick .......I think he would already been long gone to a contender

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 03:05:32 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
It worked for Team USA didn't it? Melo and Lebron
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 03:09:44 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
What a disaster that Wiggins for Love trade ended up being for Cleveland.
The only color that matters is GREEN