Author Topic: too bad we didn't sign Biyombo instead  (Read 11287 times)

Re: too bad we didn't sign Biyombo instead
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 05:47:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
of Amir.  signed with Toronto to a 1 year 6 million dollar deal vs 12 million Amir is making

Was a beast last night and all over the place (like a tristant thompson)

I would take Biyombo right about now over Amir.  And Toronto did

Biz is making 2.81 million THIS YEAR alone and is due to make 2.94 million NEXT year.  Utter MISS by Danny.  There is NO positive spin to this.  Just a BAD MISS!!!!

Smitty77

jeez to add to insult

and he is only 23 =[

Well... he's reported to be 23.

ok fine. But 25 is still pretty young

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Amir's a placeholder.

Biyombo is a nice rebounder and interior defender but he's a zero on offense.  Rock hands.  Other team doesn't have to pay attention to him.

Wouldn't work on this Celtics team.

and Sorry Amir is some kind of offensive weapon??

Biyombo's 4 dunks a game on average is nothing fancy but a bucket is a bucket.  It is nearly unblockable how explosive he gets up there

You forgot to mention the fact that he has stone hands and is a non passer.

same can be said about Drummond

Drummond actually improved on his offense, unlike Biyombo.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Danny is asleep half the time on getting quality players to come here either through the draft or FA.  10 more years of mediocrity >:(
Of course. I mean, we're just a Bismack Biyombo away from wining not one, not two, not three, not four, but five or more consecutive titles :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Amir's a placeholder.

Biyombo is a nice rebounder and interior defender but he's a zero on offense.  Rock hands.  Other team doesn't have to pay attention to him.

Biyombo's 4 dunks a game on average is nothing fancy but a bucket is a bucket.  It is nearly unblockable how explosive he gets up there

Where do you come up with this stuff? Drummond has really soft hands which allows to catch one handed lobs like nothing.

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Amir's a placeholder.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Drummond has really soft hands which allows to catch one handed lobs like nothing.

What are you going to state next. Drummond can pass like Olynyk??

The pt I'm making is Biyombo, Drummond these guys may not have much skills on the offensive end but can get their points by dunking the ball/finishing around the basket (near unblockable)

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 06:15:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Amir's a placeholder.

the point is someone criticized Biyombo for having stone hands/lacks game in the offensive game

and the point is, Amir is not much better. Amir certaintly is not 9 million more the player Biyombo is.   

Biyombo is better

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Drummond has his flaws on offense (FT mainly), but there's still no comparison at that end. We're talking +10 points and +2 offensive rebounds different, per game, normalized to starter minutes. Defenses pay attention to Drummond. Biyombo has some interesting skills if used correctly, but he's an absolute zero on one end of the court.

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 06:20:23 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Amir's a placeholder.

the point is someone criticized Biyombo for having stone hands/lacks game in the offensive game

and the point is, Amir is not much better. Amir certaintly is not 9 million more the player Biyombo is.   

Biyombo is better

Amir is significantly better on offense than Biyombo. BB has 3 foot range and struggles to average 5 points per night on dunks. Amir can shoot midrange and has averaged double figures.

Overall, the argument for BB is not crazy. But you are way understating the difference between Amir, a decently efficient offensive player, and BB, one of the very worst offensive players in the league.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Amir's a placeholder.

Biyombo averages 1.9 fg's per game. Its impossible for him to even have 2 dunks a game...Let alone 4.

Plus he isn't an FA at the end of the year.

And Amir is a better option for this Celtics team.

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 07:03:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Amir was very valuable in the beginning of the year and I still think his veteran presence was valuable in the beginning of the year. Plus the contract gives us a lot of flexibility.

I'm sure Biyombo would have been happy to sign a $6m/yr contract with non-guaranteed second year

The thing is, I agree that not signing Biz is a little bit of a bummer, but Amir fit slightly better for this season which is all that really matters since he is unlikely to be here next year.

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Amir's a placeholder.

I hope we can get him next year. We really don't need a scoring center. He can protect the rim well. He looks like a starter to me for a few years in the NBA.

Biyombo averages 1.9 fg's per game. Its impossible for him to even have 2 dunks a game...Let alone 4.

Plus he isn't an FA at the end of the year.

And Amir is a better option for this Celtics team.
Hopefully Next yesar we will know.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:25:52 PM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 04:13:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Danny is asleep half the time on getting quality players to come here either through the draft or FA.  10 more years of mediocrity >:(
Of course. I mean, we're just a Bismack Biyombo away from wining not one, not two, not three, not four, but five or more consecutive titles :P
ha, ha, ha...this was a funny post koz. tp for you.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 06:01:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
lol

Biyombo has a couple of good games and all of a suddent he's as good as Amir Johnson? Better even?

Biyombo can rebound and block shots and do, literally, nothing else on the court. He can barely catch the basketball when you throw it to him. Amir Johnson is a high IQ basketball player. A much smarter defender and an infinitely better offensive player. I'll take Amir over Biyombo 10 times out of 10.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 06:22:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
lol

Biyombo has a couple of good games and all of a suddent he's as good as Amir Johnson? Better even?

Biyombo can rebound and block shots and do, literally, nothing else on the court. He can barely catch the basketball when you throw it to him. Amir Johnson is a high IQ basketball player. A much smarter defender and an infinitely better offensive player. I'll take Amir over Biyombo 10 times out of 10.

If it were not for the salary difference and Biz making LESS than 1/4 Amir's salary and the FACT that Amir apparently is virtually unable to play in 4th quarters due to his feet issue, I might agree with you.

Folks here act like Amir is so superior offensively, yet in virtually identical minutes, Amir averages 7.1 points per game and Biz averages 5.5 points per game.  Amir does shoot a whopping 2.3% higher from the field.  But, Biz averages 8.3 rebounds to Amir's 6.1 and Biz averages 1.63 blocks to 1 block per game for Amir.  Also, Biz is shooting 8% better at the FT line.
Also, Biz has a defensive RPM of 4.16 and Amir has a defensive RPM of 2.63.

I am lost as to why Amir is considered BETTER than a MUCH CHEAPER Biz!!

Smitty77

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 06:49:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
lol

If it were not for the salary difference and Biz making LESS than 1/4 Amir's salary and the FACT that Amir apparently is virtually unable to play in 4th quarters due to his feet issue, I might agree with you.

Folks here act like Amir is so superior offensively, yet in virtually identical minutes, Amir averages 7.1 points per game and Biz averages 5.5 points per game.  Amir does shoot a whopping 2.3% higher from the field.  But, Biz averages 8.3 rebounds to Amir's 6.1 and Biz averages 1.63 blocks to 1 block per game for Amir.  Also, Biz is shooting 8% better at the FT line.
Also, Biz has a defensive RPM of 4.16 and Amir has a defensive RPM of 2.63.

I am lost as to why Amir is considered BETTER than a MUCH CHEAPER Biz!!

Smitty77

bingo. It's a no brainer. Forget about the salary difference

And ppl nitpick about Biyombo's stone hand.    The guy is catching and dunking/layups when he gets the chance and you can't stop it