Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Tournament  (Read 41333 times)

Re: 2016 NCAA Tournament
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2016, 07:28:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hield should be the #3 pick in this draft.

He's a flat out sensational scorer.
Saw a graphic that said 45% or so of his makes are from 3. Hope he has other facets as well. So far he has all threes and a putback. Want to see some drives and some separation from defenders, not just threes.

you really have something against threes in today's NBA?

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I agree, and he does the little things too. Great consolation prize after Ingram and Simmons.
maybe, but not in this game. i must be missing it all. i see uneven passing, mediocre ball handling, and some bad decisions. yes, yes, yes he can shoot like crazy. and his step back jump shot will work well in the nba.

it is the rest of his game that i find to be pedestrian.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2016, 07:40:56 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I agree, and he does the little things too. Great consolation prize after Ingram and Simmons.
maybe, but not in this game. i must be missing it all. i see uneven passing, mediocre ball handling, and some bad decisions. yes, yes, yes he can shoot like crazy. and his step back jump shot will work well in the nba.

He is a bit turnover prone (almost 3 per game), but a lot of that has to do with the double and sometimes triple-teams that he faces. He rebounds well for his position (almost 6 per game) and moves without the ball well, considering he plays almost 35 per game.

« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2016, 07:46:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Saw a graphic that said 45% or so of his makes are from 3. Hope he has other facets as well. So far he has all threes and a putback. Want to see some drives and some separation from defenders, not just threes.

Every team in the NBA can use a guy who is lights out from deep and really good at creating looks for himself from range.  I think we're going to see that more and more.  Call it the Curry effect.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

No clue how you got that from my post. I love the three ball. I just said a big portion of his game is the three ball. If that shot isn't falling, I'd like to know that he has other avenues to score.

Heck, everyone here is angry bc smart's FGA are like 35% threes. I'm just saying it's something to monitor with buddy as well.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

No clue how you got that from my post. I love the three ball. I just said a big portion of his game is the three ball. If that shot isn't falling, I'd like to know that he has other avenues to score.

Heck, everyone here is angry bc smart's FGA are like 35% threes. I'm just saying it's something to monitor with buddy as well.

I understand where' you're coming from.  For Buddy to become a star, he'll need to be able to do more than just jack threes.

That said, it's not that Smart is taking 40-50% of his shots from deep per se, it's that his shot attempts are so skewed toward the perimeter even though he's a pretty terrible shooter.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2016, 08:26:28 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Next game with 3 potential second-rounders: Diallo, Selden and Ellis, all on KU.

I'm amazed that 'Nova has NO players in DraftExpress' top 60, but the team ranks as highly and plays as well as it does.

« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

He is a bit turnover prone (almost 3 per game), but a lot of that has to do with the double and sometimes triple-teams that he faces. He rebounds well for his position (almost 6 per game) and moves without the ball well, considering he plays almost 35 per game.
if, god forbid, the celtics pick at #6, i would be completely on board with hield. his shot will play well with CBS coaching.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

if, god forbid, the celtics pick at #6, i would be completely on board with hield. his shot will play well with CBS coaching.

Nets beating the Pacers. That is a possibility. That's a moot issue, though as we are winning the lottery this year. ;)

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2016, 08:35:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Nets beating the Pacers. That is a possibility. That's a moot issue, though as we are winning the lottery this year. ;)
ha, ha, ha...i love the optimism. a tp for you my fine friend.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2016, 12:04:36 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

He's a baller. Only player I've seen all year that makes plays and I say that's a NBA move.

« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2016, 12:08:03 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The end of that Villa - Kansas game was super messy.  That's college basketball for ya.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2016, 08:21:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm definitely biased but Malachi Richardson of Syracuse is gonna be a baller.  Already is pretty good for the college level.

*cough*  Just tore up maybe the best defense in the NCAA.  Incredible comeback.  Might have a hell of a house divided game if UNC wins too.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:31:23 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2016, 08:23:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
M A L A C H A I .................... look it up !!!!

« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2016, 08:36:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
M A L A C H A I .................... look it up !!!!
holy moley!!! THREE of the #1 seeds have played so far, and ALL THREE have lost. i dont ever recall that happening this way before.  :o

i bet a whole bunch of people are tearing up their pool sheets now.
- Vandana Shiva