Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Tournament  (Read 41334 times)

Re: 2016 NCAA Tournament
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Some of the potential 1st round draftees who are on today:

Ingram, Grayson Allen 2:40
Jamaal Murray, Skal, Ullis 5:15
Malcolm Brogdon 7:10
Jakob Poeltl vs Sabonis 8:40
Dunn, Bryce Johnson 9:40
good info. TP

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2016, 03:47:38 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Ingram and Allen are putting on a show against Yale.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2016, 04:14:18 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Ingram and Allen are putting on a show against Yale.

Duke is breaking down. 20+ lead down to 9
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Kentucky loses to Indiana.

Tyler Ulis 27 points.

Indiana could be a tough out for UNC if they meet.

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2016, 11:43:32 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Sabonis had 19 and 10 on 8/12 shooting and gonzaga upsets Utah. Poeltl was limited to just 5 and 4

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2016, 12:13:32 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
how is Gonzaga beating anyone an upset anymore?

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2016, 12:18:31 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Sabonis rekt Poeltl

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2016, 01:02:39 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Tar Heels still alive, looking good. Dunn was in foul trouble for most of the night. Showed some flashes, walks around like D Wade, but left something to be desired. Bentil had a really nice game, though - seems he can stretch the floor pretty well for his size.

Didn't watch Utah but feel vindicated for having referred to Poeltl as "Timofey Mozgov" in another thread recently. All set with that selection at #4-5... would rather reach on Jamal Murray (or even Dunn).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2016, 01:22:25 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Tar Heels still alive, looking good. Dunn was in foul trouble for most of the night. Showed some flashes, walks around like D Wade, but left something to be desired. Bentil had a really nice game, though - seems he can stretch the floor pretty well for his size.

Didn't watch Utah but feel vindicated for having referred to Poeltl as "Timofey Mozgov" in another thread recently. All set with that selection at #4-5... would rather reach on Jamal Murray (or even Dunn).

What about Hield? Would you take him at 4 or 5?

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2016, 01:24:30 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

id take him at 3

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2016, 01:34:07 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Probably not, I think there's more upside in guys like Murray, Dunn and Ellenson. He's on the low end for size at SG and I'm not sure he'll get his shot off as easily at the next level. If he was running around screens and gunning like Redick, maybe, but he's creating off the dribble a lot in college. Not sure if he can do that at the next level.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2016, 08:22:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Poetl scares me, I was surprised by his ability to drive on offensive, but he still looks wooden out there. 

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2016, 09:58:50 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I wouldn't be against the C's using their pick or the Dallas pick to grab Duke's Allen. The kid is pretty tough and athletic to play at the next level.

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

First time I saw Dunn for a full game.  He reminded me of John Wall, though with less breakaway speed and a better outside shot.  Also seems a bit niftier in his rim attacks.  But he moves like a superior athlete in a PG sense: not just running/jumping, he has excellent body control.  Seems like he'll be a starter at the next level for sure.  Potential all-star.

Poeltl I hadn't seen before the tourney but other than being huge I'm not sure what the appeal is.  Thoroughly unimpressive.

But most importantly for me, my #1 team Syracuse (UNC is #2) after inexplicably getting in, has a 15 and an 11 seed between it and an Elite 8 spot.   Then likely a Virginia team with a history of tournament disappointments that they've seen before in the ACC.  Big opportunity for them tonight and hopefully next weekend.

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2016, 11:30:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
how is Gonzaga beating anyone an upset anymore?

Yup....that talk is from the 70's .