Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Tournament  (Read 41348 times)

Re: 2016 NCAA Tournament
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2016, 07:13:37 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
finally get to see Buddy play in a live game.

Maybe after the game can you perhaps give us a small summary, let us know how he was? I, for one, am super busy today and can't watch the game
Beginning of the 1st -
so far not overly ball dominant, picks his spots. Playing good defense (fights over screens), altered a shot or two. Good court vision. Seems to stand around though, watching the plays develop, and not moving without the ball too much. Has missed all 3 shots though (might be the main focus of the defense to pressure him)
Middle -
Looking for the ball more, has a few baskets, and a few missed heat check 3s. Seems a step slow on defense. Not the most athletic guy out there but seems to work with what he has. Paul Pierce type of guy if he was a guard.

Solid job. Thanks. TP
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Maybe after the game can you perhaps give us a small summary, let us know how he was? I, for one, am super busy today and can't watch the game
Beginning of the 1st -
so far not overly ball dominant, picks his spots. Playing good defense (fights over screens), altered a shot or two. Good court vision. Seems to stand around though, watching the plays develop, and not moving without the ball too much. Has missed all 3 shots though (might be the main focus of the defense to pressure him)
Middle -
Looking for the ball more, has a few baskets, and a few missed heat check 3s. Seems a step slow on defense. Not the most athletic guy out there but seems to work with what he has. Paul Pierce type of guy if he was a guard.

Solid job. Thanks. TP
in the second half he was unstoppable. Dominated the game.

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Beginning of the 1st -
Middle -

Solid job. Thanks. TP
in the second half he was unstoppable. Dominated the game.

Definitely sounds like a guy we could need
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I feel like Buddy is going top 5

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2016, 08:13:57 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Phone messed up the above post... But Hield and Murray are my top two choices outside of the top 2. We need guys with the potential to be elite scorers (if we don't trade the pick)

Yep. Originally I wanted Brown but he's not exactly the scorer we need. And the last thing I want is another "scrappy, gritty defender" type of player. We need offensive talent and Murray/Hield are just that.

Nice! Yeah, I'm actually worried that Hield's play will boost his draft status to a definite top five pick, and I could see a team like Phoenix go for him even though they just drafted Booker last year.

Kid is lights out and can create his own shot. Only thing that sucks is that he's only 6-4. Sound familiar at all?  ;)

Murray on the other hand just seems to have a lot of poise and confidence for a freshman.

I still think that Ainge will try to trade the pick regardless of where it lands, but if we end up with something outside of the top five and end up not trading it we should definitely start looking in to players like these two.

I'm also starting to warm up to this draft even though analysts are saying it's essentially a two player draft.

I've seen a lot of mock drafts having us taking Bender at pick # 4, and while Poryzingis makes me want the next stud from Europe, I'm not sure that he fits what we need right now as a strench 4.

In summary, if we don't get a top two pick, and end up using that pick, I really hope that we can get one of these two players. Or maybe both!  :)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2016, 09:38:13 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I'm firmly situated on the Buddy Hield hype train. I'd pick him at number 2 over Ben Simmons if Ingram went number 1.

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The A&M - Northern Iowa game was amazing.  Aggies were down 12 with under 50 seconds in regulation.  They somehow came back to force overtime.  But that wasn't enough, so they forced double overtime on a late 3.  Epic game, although I feel bad for the Northern Iowa kids. 

« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2016, 11:01:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The A&M - Northern Iowa game was amazing.  Aggies were down 12 with under 50 seconds in regulation.  They somehow came back to force overtime.  But that wasn't enough, so they forced double overtime on a late 3.  Epic game, although I feel bad for the Northern Iowa kids.

that was a total coaching meltdown by Northern Iowa. A&M did not come  back, NI choked.

« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2016, 11:15:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

insane game!!!

That, along with ND's tip-in win with 1.5 on the clock and Koenig's three at the buzzer to cap a crazy Wisconsin comeback over Xavier, and I can't understand how some basketball fans can't get excited about the NCAAs.

i also have a feeling that the Oregon/St. Joe's game will be closer than many thought.

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2016, 12:27:46 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

insane game!!!

That, along with ND's tip-in win with 1.5 on the clock and Koenig's three at the buzzer to cap a crazy Wisconsin comeback over Xavier, and I can't understand how some basketball fans can't get excited about the NCAAs.

i also have a feeling that the Oregon/St. Joe's game will be closer than many thought.

And Oregon-St Joe's did indeed turn into an exciting game.  On an NBA note, I was really impressed with Dillon Brooks. If he can improve his long-range shooting a bit more, he's definitely someone to look out for in next year's draft.  Definitely knows how to score, and I like his defensive effort (at least in this game).

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Finally getting a chance to watch Buddy! They're playing Texas A&M on TBS. Buddy had a somewhat quiet half, 11 at halftime. 2/4 from FT I think, which is supposedly not common with him.

« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Villanova looks like a scary team. Bounced somewhat early in year's past but must consider that one was to eventual national champs (UK), too. Hope Heels don't run into them along the way.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:24:42 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2016, 09:41:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Draft prospects in late games:

9:40 Melo Trimble, diamond stone, Layton, Carter
        Wayne Selden, Cheick Diallo, perry Ellis

9:55 Ingram, Grayson Allen
        Dillon Brooks, Chris Boucher
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:48:10 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I know not a lot of people are not high on Selden, but I really like the kid.

Gives up the body all the time. Tough, strong, gritty player came into his own this year.....

...and he's from Boston!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:51:50 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
The chalk prevailed in the South and West last night.

It will be #1 vs #2 in both their Elite Eight games tomorrow.

KU vs Villanova and Oregon vs Oklahoma.

Except for Hield, not a lot of Draft star-power there.