Author Topic: Celtics (39-27) at Pacers (35-31) Game #67 3/15/16  (Read 24369 times)

Re: Celtics (39-27) at Pacers (35-31) Game #67 3/15/16
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2016, 09:37:09 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
No disrespect to Jonas but it’s hard to win an NBA game with him as your second most productive player.

« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2016, 09:38:56 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I really really really wish Marcus took less threes.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:33 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Could be a rough couple games against Thunder and Raptors. Very realistically could lose 4 games in a row after those two games. Not a good look at the end of the season.

« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2016, 09:52:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
This Celtiacs gig maybe broke without Jae

« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2016, 10:01:33 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Yet, we were off for a few days. Some sloppiness was expected. Hopefully smart takes it to Westbrook tomorrow.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2016, 10:28:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I really really really wish Marcus took less threes.
Me too can we get at least one game with less than  2 three pointer attempts. Guy is becoming Sully out there.

« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
And we didn't even get to see Mickey  >:(

My only theory and it's a huge stretch,  is they are trying their best to hide him. They don't want other teams wanting him thrown in on a trade this summer. Jae Crowder style.
That's what I'd been saying all along.

Tp!
So the only thing you guys can think of as to why Mickey isn't playing is some half cocked conspiracy theory that Stevens and Ainge are hiding him? Really? Tell me you're not serious.

I mean come on! It's never entered your mind that Mickey just might not be good enough at this junction to get playing time for a team looking to win every game because they are a third seed? It's never occurred to you that maybe there is more to playing basketball than being able to block shots? Mickey has talent and one fabulous skill but has shown little else at the NBA level yet. Most likely he hasn't been tearing it up at practice either because if he had, he most likely would be playing.

« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

My only theory and it's a huge stretch,  is they are trying their best to hide him. They don't want other teams wanting him thrown in on a trade this summer. Jae Crowder style.

Tp!
So the only thing you guys can think of as to why Mickey isn't playing is some half cocked conspiracy theory that Stevens and Ainge are hiding him? Really? Tell me you're not serious.

I mean come on! It's never entered your mind that Mickey just might not be good enough at this junction to get playing time for a team looking to win every game because they are a third seed? It's never occurred to you that maybe there is more to playing basketball than being able to block shots? Mickey has talent and one fabulous skill but has shown little else at the NBA level yet. Most likely he hasn't been tearing it up at practice either because if he had, he most likely would be playing.
Its really quite difficult to imagine he could be any worse than Tyler Zeller at this point.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Tp!

Its really quite difficult to imagine he could be any worse than Tyler Zeller at this point.
And yet, Brad Stevens, a coach universally applauded and hailed as a genius on this site, does imagine that Mickey would be worse because he plays Zeller. How do you explain that? That all the Mickey fans on a website are right and the head coach of the Celtics who people across the league and on that very same website hail as a spectacular coach is wrong? Color me unimpressed with the opinions of the fans on the website, especially since I don't see that a Mickey is all that good right now.

« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2016, 11:22:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Tp!

And yet, Brad Stevens, a coach universally applauded and hailed as a genius on this site, does imagine that Mickey would be worse because he plays Zeller. How do you explain that? That all the Mickey fans on a website are right and the head coach of the Celtics who people across the league and on that very same website hail as a spectacular coach is wrong? Color me unimpressed with the opinions of the fans on the website, especially since I don't see that a Mickey is all that good right now.
Brad brough Isaiah Thomas off the bench for all of last year and the start of this year. At the beginning of the year Brad started David Lee and Tyler Zeller.

Hes not always right.

I think its entirely possible Brad is trying to do right by Zeller because Zeller did right by him.

Lastly Brad might be in a situation where he believe he cant afford to have any inexperienced players in the game that dont absolutely have to be as he is already forced to play the guards and wings in the absence of Crowder.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2016, 11:28:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Tp!

[dang] you nick and your voice of reason and logic. [dang] you to hell for speaking thus.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2016, 01:29:33 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Tp!

Brad brough Isaiah Thomas off the bench for all of last year and the start of this year. At the beginning of the year Brad started David Lee and Tyler Zeller.

Hes not always right.

I think its entirely possible Brad is trying to do right by Zeller because Zeller did right by him.

Lastly Brad might be in a situation where he believe he cant afford to have any inexperienced players in the game that dont absolutely have to be as he is already forced to play the guards and wings in the absence of Crowder.
Or Brad was right to start the season and then Lee and Zeller played themselves out of a job so he made the changes he had to make. If I remember correctly Lee looked good in preseason and Zeller was Brad's starting center last year when he played very well.

« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2016, 06:58:42 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Tp!

I did preface that it was a theory and a huge stretch. ...
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2016, 09:34:37 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
why the heck did clarke play over mickey??

« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2016, 09:39:53 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
why the heck did clarke play over mickey??

He's better at basketball.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC