Author Topic: Get Nurkic in the offseason  (Read 1574 times)

Get Nurkic in the offseason
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
This guy was a beast for Denver last year, this year he's coming off knee surgery and is now on the back end of the depth chart for Denver. I'd trade a couple of those 2nd rounder for a gamble on this guy. If he gets in shape he's a legit big man. From Espn:

Spin: Nurkic has been filling a role as the Nuggets' backup center behind Nikola Jokic since returning from knee surgery in early January, but his success has been fleeting for the most part, which has prevented him from taking hold of the starting center role he held for a good chunk of 2014-15. Joffrey Lauvergne now seems to have jumped ahead of Nurkic on the depth chart due to his ability to stretch the floor a little more, and coach Mike Malone's increased reliance on smaller lineups seems to have made Nurkic relatively disposable. The Nuggets could look to trade him in the offseason, as the seven-foot 21-year-old still has plenty of upside and might be a better fit for another team in need of a more traditional big man.

Re: Get Nurkic in the offseason
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Happy to do the Mavs 1st rounder + Celtics 1st rounder for Nurkic.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Would love this. Been a huge Nurkic guy since that draft. I don't think the Nuggets will send him off so soon especially being in a rebuild but with Jokic now on board they might bite.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 06:20:39 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
No, thank you.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I think it's a good alternative if we can't get Zeller back cheap this off season. But then again it would also depend on what Denver would want from us in exchange for Nurkic.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'd be all for this. Don't think Denver anticipated Jokic to be this good this quickly and will take a serious look at moving Nurkic this off season. Nurkic was a monster in Europe the year he got drafted. Remember reading an article comparing him to DeMarcus Cousins at Kentucky.

He's got rare size and mobility that could cause some real problems for the rail thin 7 footers that make up the modern center position.

Edit: here's the article... http://deanondraft.com/2014/02/19/jusuf-nurkic-the-bosnian-boogie/

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
 :-\