Author Topic: Any real possibility Rondo ends up in Cleveland next season?  (Read 2210 times)

Any real possibility Rondo ends up in Cleveland next season?
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:05:59 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
So, after seeing the recent reports regarding the lack of chemistry between LeBron and Kyrie Irving, it's got me thinking. What if the Cavs trade Irving in the summer and opening up a chance for Rondo to enter into the equation?

I know it's probably a bit of a stretch but it might just be a perfect opportunity for him. He's already familiar with coach Lue from his time with Doc. He'll finally get his chance to play with Love and join a contender after the failed experiment in Dallas and his time spent showing everyone that he's still a top talent out there in Sacramento.

Just throwing it out there but what do you guys think? Any chance you can envision it or am I off my rocker?  ;D

Re: Any real possibility Rondo ends up in Cleveland next season?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:11:05 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I am not sure of the fit there. They've already got a ball dominant SCORING PG. What are they going to do with a ball dominant PG that can't score?

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Seems a bad fit there. Rondo doesn't seem to be the type of PG who can play well off the ball. He's also a lackluster defender.

If Kyrie does go, guys like George Hill or Pat Beverly seem better targets/fit for the Cavs.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Rondo and LeBron would never work together. Both need the ball and are miserable outside shooters.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
So, after seeing the recent reports regarding the lack of chemistry between LeBron and Kyrie Irving, it's got me thinking. What if the Cavs trade Irving in the summer and opening up a chance for Rondo to enter into the equation?

I know it's probably a bit of a stretch but it might just be a perfect opportunity for him. He's already familiar with coach Lue from his time with Doc. He'll finally get his chance to play with Love and join a contender after the failed experiment in Dallas and his time spent showing everyone that he's still a top talent out there in Sacramento.

Just throwing it out there but what do you guys think? Any chance you can envision it or am I off my rocker?  ;D
So like... if the Kings finally parted with Cousins and traded him for Kyrie... and then Rondo followed Cousins to Cleveland?   I guess it's plausible. 

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Everyone said Pierce needed the ball and that Ray needed the ball. Rondo did fine there.

He probably would help Love's game by getting him more open looks. He would also have better driving lanes with so much attention on Lebron.

It definitely could work.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Rondo and LeBron would never work together. Both need the ball and are miserable outside shooters.
LeBron is shooting 34% from three for his career. Putting him and Rondo in the same sentence is laughable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 02:40:27 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
LeBron is shooting 34% from three for his career. Putting him and Rondo in the same sentence is laughable.
Lebron has been pretty bad from three this year.

Marcus Smart is almost shooting better from three than Lebron.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 02:59:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't think it is a good match of player & team but I can see an scenario where LeBron pushes for Rondo after all Rondo's heroics against LeBron's teams in the past + that desire to have someone else who has legit Championship experience and leadership. LeBron is clearly struggling with the youth and lack of Championship experience around him.

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 03:06:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Boy, what a horrible fit that'd be.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 03:16:57 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I do not think Rondo is a fit but after the Cs the Cavs will be my team to watch this offseason. If they dont win a championship I think things get really interesting.

With Lebron now being in his 30s and the Warriors just hitting their prime in the west I think it becomes a panic mode offseason. I could see major moves being made in Cleveland to try on the fly revamp the Cavs to compete with the Warriors. I firmly believe that anything less then a game seven loss in the finals means Love and or Irving are moved. Love is the obvious choice given his poor fit with Lebron and the fact that he really is a bad fit as a small ball center. Irving may also be a candidate given the recent rumors of issues with Lebron.

Some my trade idea basics...

Maybe Love to UTAH for Favors?

Maybe Irving in a three team deal with ATL for Teague and Korver then ATL sends Schroeder to a 3rd team for a SF?

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:29:16 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46

I thought the same thing... maybe a sign and trade....  With Cousins....   Irving/Love headed to Sacramento....    Separate trades....  or use the trade exception they have...
Diggles

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Would be a riot .....tooooooooo funny

Diva City Cavs

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 04:36:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Rondo and James one the floor at the same time is a high-usage, poor-shooting combo that the league is trying hard to get away from.