Author Topic: Joel Embid adding three point shot to his game... (Recent workout videos)  (Read 13250 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
One from two weeks ago and one from a few days ago.

His shot looks really nice but he also looks pretty tentative in his steps. Would just love to see this guy play a full season- he could be a very special player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OdqsZUqYDk&ebc=ANyPxKqIgullfQqV-lBAAtqzzurT60YkASm0e0FAAQy2yFPy-r4LxncQtz0iJjdlSvP8ChHCwG4nvgHRN_c_vdZOfB1Cnl74Dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8IsXNMkgms&ebc=ANyPxKrFR9KcZeKhzOAl15oL9ydP6cup6J3VC0isgm_6UTGkc28xkPfqwp_ZxoapP_vCV8FBtCKH-4TXg1417_1lf85HL3iftA

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The kid can shoot, but he would benefit from having a higher release on his shot imo.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Scalabrine was phenomenal in practice too.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I really hope he is able to get healthy. He will be a great player if he can.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Nothing like practicing at 1/10th speed to get you ready.  Wasn't impressed at all.  He will be lucky to get that shot off over Isaiah Thomas and the chair that was guarding him in the post held him to 0-5 while I was watching.

I can't stand people who practice at a pace slower than game speed because when the real speed hits all that practice hasn't done you any good.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
A little off topic, but how come we can't embed YouTube videos anymore?

Lately all I can do is post the links.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Why do people hope Embiid fails? This Boston vs Philly thing on this forum has gone too far. I don't hope any of those players fail, but I do hate the organization because they negotiate so ruthlessly with players and treat them like property.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Why do people hope Embiid fails? This Boston vs Philly thing on this forum has gone too far. I don't hope any of those players fail, but I do hate the organization because they negotiate so ruthlessly with players and treat them like property.

Who's hoping he fails?  I didn't see anything like that in this thread.  A couple people weren't impressed, but that's different than hoping he fails.  Most posts were pretty positive.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He needs to add a foot to his game.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Who's hoping he fails?  I didn't see anything like that in this thread.  A couple people weren't impressed, but that's different than hoping he fails.  Most posts were pretty positive.

Hinkie haters hope he fails.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Hinkie haters hope he fails.
Count me in the group of people who hope he fails.

I don't want Philly to be successful as both an NBA fan and a Celtics fan.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Has he added "capable of staying healthy enough to play in an actual NBA game" to his game?

Do we have precedent for a player missing his first two seasons in the league and then going on to become a regular, productive player?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Every big adds a 3 point shot every off season.

Same as every player adds "x amount of muscle" or "best shape of career" etc etc.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I still think Embiid has a chance to be very good.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can we see Embiid actually play an NBA game to see what his game has before declaring that he has added something to that game? Right now I am not sure what his game even is given he could very well re-injure himself sometime in preseason and never even see an NBA game.