Author Topic: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.  (Read 24456 times)

Re: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2016, 10:28:51 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I have watched a good amount of Duke and Cal games this year. With that being said, I would love if we drafted Brown and Grayson Allen.

Brown: Good physical size, with athleticism you can't teach. Also a good passer and shot creator. His shot still needs work ( though it's improving), and I see his TO per game dropping at the NBA when he has players around him. If he gets his shot going he'll be a force.

Grayson Allen: Straight baller who can play. Nice shot, good 3pt shooter, and plays good D. Think he would be great with CBS. If he puts on some lean muscle mass I think he's looking at some solid playing time early

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2016, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I have two. Jaylen Brown and Denzel Valentine.

We get one of the two, I'd be so happy. We get Brown and I will smile from ear to ear for probably a day.

Interesting. Fill me in more on Brown. He's supposedly a high upside defender but has a poor steals rate. Offensively, he has a high turnover rate and is not a good shooter from range. I know that he's been asked to run a lot of his team's offense, which explains the high turnover rate. Any reason to believe he will ever become an average shooter?

Yeah. Jaylen Brown averages close to 3 TO's per game. Not just because he runs the offense on some possessions, but he's also in attack mode most of the time and still hasn't learned proper decision making, especially passing out. He tends to force shots while slashing even if he's defended by multiple people. Needs work on that, but you can see the attacker's mentality, and that's something he can be really good at in the next level due to his size and athleticism.

Check out his game vs Virginia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNLOsrzZ6n8

The good thing about him is he is deadly on the open court, and he can get to the FT line. He averages 6 FTA per game for Cal, that's really good. That's a skill that can translate to the NBA.

As far as shooting is concerned, as with a ton of prospect before him, he still needs work, but yeah. He's got decent mechanics on his shots, so it could be fixed.

But overall, size, athletic, a very capable defender, slashing potential, can get to the FT line at will makes him a very good prospect for me. I think he's a DeMar Derozan type of a player. Weirdly enough, their college game is similar. Can't shoot, but can slash and get to the lane with ease.

Exactly

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2016, 10:41:51 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I have watched a good amount of Duke and Cal games this year. With that being said, I would love if we drafted Brown and Grayson Allen.

Brown: Good physical size, with athleticism you can't teach. Also a good passer and shot creator. His shot still needs work ( though it's improving), and I see his TO per game dropping at the NBA when he has players around him. If he gets his shot going he'll be a force.

Grayson Allen: Straight baller who can play. Nice shot, good 3pt shooter, and plays good D. Think he would be great with CBS. If he puts on some lean muscle mass I think he's looking at some solid playing time early
Kelly and Allen would be a killer combo "wink-wink"

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

Allen is a solid 3+D prospect, but he isn't exactly glowing with upside. No handles, can't create offense as a secondary ball handler, poor court vision, limited defensively due to his 6'6 wingspan. In order to be a better player than Avery Bradley, his 3pt shot needs to be elite. Right now it looks like he has a chance (42% from 3 on solid volume, 83% FT this year), but I think there are better 3+D guard prospects in this draft, like Luwawu and Baldwin.

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Allen's size will certainly limit him, and I'm not convinced about his D, but to say he has no handles is ridiculous.  He's certainly got the skills to be a secondary shot creator.  Far more skilled in that department than AB, or someone like JJ Reddick.

It's almost like we're talking about different players. 

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Allen's size will certainly limit him, and I'm not convinced about his D, but to say he has no handles is ridiculous.  He's certainly got the skills to be a secondary shot creator.  Far more skilled in that department than AB, or someone like JJ Reddick.

It's almost like we're talking about different players.
as if the ever got in the way of a debate on cb.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I'm gonna go with the three big guys who will all need time to develope.

Davis from Mich St. If he's there at 12, Ainge should trade up to get him.

Bender. He's no stiff. Can move and is extremely coordinated for his size. If he falls we should take him.

Lab from Kentucky. He probably will need a couple years to even crack the rotation but he has the potential to be one of the best in the draft. Huge risk but high reward.

All three picks are gambles that I would take.

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 08:13:09 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Already stated it earlier but the more Hield I see the more I'm convinced this guy is going to be a stud in the NBA. Amazing scoring ability and not afraid of the big moment... I bet he has a great tourney

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Dejounte Murray just moved up to 9th overall on nbadraft.net... I don't think he was on the mock draft at any other point but I see why they have him ranked so high. Consistency on his jumper amd shot selection are his areas that need improvement but he has alot of skill, flare, iq, size, and athleticism.

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2016, 03:51:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm gonna go with the three big guys who will all need time to develope.

Davis from Mich St. If he's there at 12, Ainge should trade up to get him.

Bender. He's no stiff. Can move and is extremely coordinated for his size. If he falls we should take him.

Lab from Kentucky. He probably will need a couple years to even crack the rotation but he has the potential to be one of the best in the draft. Huge risk but high reward.

All three picks are gambles that I would take.

Deyonta Davis intrigues the heck out of me. Noticed that he only now just cracked the lottery in DraftExpress' mock this week. But Mich St. has a logjam of seasoned bigs. The most recent article I can find about him comes from late January, and when compared to other top freshmen big prospects (Lab, Rabb, Stone, Zimmerman, Diello, Bryant), his adjusted stats (40 mins) were really good: third in points, third in rebounds, first in blocks, second in TS% and second in AST/TO ratio.

He needs time to develop, especially offensively. His shot doesn't look broken, though, and he has shown flashes in the post. Defensively, he looks like a very versatile rim protector that can stay with 3s on the perimeter. Needs to beef up quite a bit, but he may even still be growing at 19. Would expect his stock to increase a lot if he stayed another year. I would definitely take a chance on him if he's still around with the DAL pick but not sure that will happen.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2016, 05:11:31 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Allen is a solid 3+D prospect, but he isn't exactly glowing with upside. No handles, can't create offense as a secondary ball handler, poor court vision, limited defensively due to his 6'6 wingspan. In order to be a better player than Avery Bradley, his 3pt shot needs to be elite. Right now it looks like he has a chance (42% from 3 on solid volume, 83% FT this year), but I think there are better 3+D guard prospects in this draft, like Luwawu and Baldwin.

Allen's handles and ability to penetrate,  and create for others are miles ahead of where Bradley was at the same age.

And Allen's Wingspan is a whopping 1" shorter than Bradley's. And  like I've pointed out before shorter amrmed players are often better shooters, as Allen is a better shooter than Bradley was at the same age.

Avery obviously has the advantage on defense but if Allen can guard at the NBA level he's got a chance to be a good pro.

Of course he needs to make strides with his handles, but he makes his living as a slasher, to do that you need. To dribble first.

He's one of the primary ball handlers on Duke. The Offense runs through him Over Brandon Ingram. He's Avg 21.5 ppg to Ingram's 16.8Ppg.

Of course Ingran has way more upside with his age and sheer size and length.

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2016, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 It's funny they are kind of polar opposites, Avery drafted at 19, and known for being able to play NBA defense and be good at it and they were right. Now at 25 years old he's actually developed into a two way Starting shooting guard for a championship team, " If we get Durant and Horford lol"

My question with Allen can he Keep his no hold bars attitude driving to the rim and crashing to the ground, against NBA size, but the kid is relentless.

I give him a 56% chance at scoring at least 15 ppg for three years in a row.

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2016, 05:37:46 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
It's funny they are kind of polar opposites, Avery drafted at 19, and known for being able to play NBA defense and be good at it and they were right. Now at 25 years old he's actually developed into a two way Starting shooting guard for a championship team, " If we get Durant and Horford lol"

My question with Allen can he Keep his no hold bars attitude driving to the rim and crashing to the ground, against NBA size, but the kid is relentless.

I'd bet against those odds. Don't see a team dedicating enough of their offense to Grayson Allen.

Probably set those odds at 17% since even if he found the right situation 3 years in a row is asking a lot, I'd be surprised if he did it 3 times in his career. See him as a role player similar to a worse defensively but more shot happy Mathew Delevedova . That's a valuable player but 15+ PPG is a stretch.

A bad team is going to feature higher upside players. A good team is going to reign in his shot selection. Career 12 PPG 6th man and IMO that's generous.

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Dejounte Murray just moved up to 9th overall on nbadraft.net... I don't think he was on the mock draft at any other point but I see why they have him ranked so high. Consistency on his jumper amd shot selection are his areas that need improvement but he has alot of skill, flare, iq, size, and athleticism.

NBAdraft.net is awful.

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I'd bet against those odds. Don't see a team dedicating enough of their offense to Grayson Allen.

Probably set those odds at 17% since even if he found the right situation 3 years in a row is asking a lot, I'd be surprised if he did it 3 times in his career. See him as a role player similar to a worse defensively but more shot happy Mathew Delevedova . That's a valuable player but 15+ PPG is a stretch.

A bad team is going to feature higher upside players. A good team is going to reign in his shot selection. Career 12 PPG 6th man and IMO that's generous.

Ok Smartacus I'll take the bet. Since you modified will do 20 Tommy point bet for Allen scoring 15ppg three times in his career. Sounds good..  it's On.

I'd say the odds are 70% that you win.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:19:18 PM by KG Living Legend »