Author Topic: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.  (Read 24466 times)

Re: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 02:07:36 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Just watched the whole Marquette game, and Ellenson is gonna be a match up nightmare in the NBA.

His size and Ball handling are tough for one guy to match up with. 29 points today, he's the real deal.

I'm actually gonna compare his offense to Brandon Ingram's, he doesn't stroke it quite like Ingram from deep, but nether of them is tremendously quick
  It's their sheer size, length, ball handling and craftiness that make them get their shot off on anyone.

Ellenson could easily play small foward on offense in the NBA. He can play three positions offensively, but probably only center defensively.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:14:34 AM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I like Buddy.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 05:19:32 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Just watched the whole Marquette game, and Ellenson is gonna be a match up nightmare in the NBA.

His size and Ball handling are tough for one guy to match up with. 29 points today, he's the real deal.

I'm actually gonna compare his offense to Brandon Ingram's, he doesn't stroke it quite like Ingram from deep, but nether of them is tremendously quick
  It's their sheer size, length, ball handling and craftiness that make them get their shot off on anyone.

Ellenson could easily play small foward on offense in the NBA. He can play three positions offensively, but probably only center defensively.
Why do you think he couldn't defend PF?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I watched some Valentine gameplay, the guy doesn't have a left hand. He litterly does everything with his right hand. Will have trouble on the offensive end in the NBA if he is anything but a spot up shooter.

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2016, 05:25:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

What's up Buck, Tp for having the name Buck.

I feel like he could guard the old Power Forward of the NBA. Probably not the new Draymond Green version that's all.

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
I'm really warming up to buddy, at this point he can go 5th

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2016, 05:31:04 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Buddy Hield and Valentine... Starting to warm up to Poetl as well.

Hield is going to be awesome though. I'd take him as high as 5 depending on draft position, though you'd have to seriously consider Dunn and Poetl as well in that position.

I know this is binkies but I'll go on record right now with my anti-binky... Bender is incredibly overrated, has done nothing to warrant a top pick in my mind. He has potential, so did Fab... Dude needs to earn some minutes before he's chosen with a top pick in the NBA... I'll be praying DA stays away

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2016, 05:33:27 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'm really warming up to buddy, at this point he can go 5th

I'd be totally fine with Buddy, Lillard and McCollum have shown that seniors can still have huge upside. Buddy's emergence has been unreal and he's doing it on one of the top teams in the nation.

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I'm watched some Valentine gameplay, the guy doesn't have a left hand. He litterly does everything with his right hand. Will have trouble on the offensive end in the NBA if he is anything but a spot up shooter.

Denis I respect your opinion, but are you positive about that, I'll go back and check but he does so much with the ball and making effortless no look passes all over the court, hard to believe he's got no Left.

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Buddy Hield and Valentine... Starting to warm up to Poetl as well.

Hield is going to be awesome though. I'd take him as high as 5 depending on draft position, though you'd have to seriously consider Dunn and Poetl as well in that position.

I know this is binkies but I'll go on record right now with my anti-binky... Bender is incredibly overrated, has done nothing to warrant a top pick in my mind. He has potential, so did Fab... Dude needs to earn some minutes before he's chosen with a top pick in the NBA... I'll be praying DA stays away

I'd argue that Fab didn't have potential lol. Defensive potential maybe. Offensive No.

I remember a good Freind of mine that watches a lot of Big East said immediately after we drafted him Quote "He Sucks"  Hahaha, he was right.

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2016, 05:56:35 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
1.) Timothe Luwawu: he's on this weird team that's all elite European prospects under the age of like 23 (Mega Leks) and yet they're tearing up the Adriatic League, which is basically a "Champions League" of all the best Eastern European teams.  So because there was so much discord in the 1990s in Eastern Europe, all the different areas had their own teams and then this league came into effect to consolidate them.  Anyways, now he is the best player on this team and his mechanics look night and day better from last year.  I really like him a lot.

2.) Dunn: I really like him and fell that he will be the best guard in the draft, although I am not super certain on that.  I just like him.

3.) This one is going to not really be a limb but I think Simmons is going to be excellent.  People have been only talking about his lack of a jumper, but he does so much good stuff that I think he's going to really excel.  I've never seen anybody so good picked apart like this before.

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2016, 05:57:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I'm assuming that we end up at 5, 18 and 23, as we stand now (4th worst team most likely to get 5th pick).

5: I'm torn on Dunn vs. Poeltl. The fact that we have a lot of guards wouldn't keep me from Dunn at this point if he is BPA, but I'm not convinced he is. Love JP underneath. He kind of reminds me of Ivan Drago: I can totally picture him underneath the basket, looking at an oncoming guy driving to the hoop and say, "I must break you" without changing his expression. Combine that with the unintentional humor of Tommy trying to pronounce his name and you have a winner.

18: Luwawu: The turnovers would drive me nuts, but he's got so much else going for him that I'd draft him and hope that we could control him.

23: Damian Jones: This guy is either Fab Melo or somebody good. At #23, you have to go big or go home. You could draft safely and guarantee yourself somebody who could be the 8th best player on your team. We don't need any of those. This guy is huge underneath and could be our rim protector. Yeah, he needs a couple of years in the D-League, but who cares? We have too many players, anyway. At #23, you've gotta shoot for the stars, with the understanding that you could miss and hit London.

Mike

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2016, 06:00:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
1.) Timothe Luwawu: he's on this weird team that's all elite European prospects under the age of like 23 (Mega Leks) and yet they're tearing up the Adriatic League, which is basically a "Champions League" of all the best Eastern European teams.  So because there was so much discord in the 1990s in Eastern Europe, all the different areas had their own teams and then this league came into effect to consolidate them.  Anyways, now he is the best player on this team and his mechanics look night and day better from last year.  I really like him a lot.

2.) Dunn: I really like him and fell that he will be the best guard in the draft, although I am not super certain on that.  I just like him.

3.) This one is going to not really be a limb but I think Simmons is going to be excellent.  People have been only talking about his lack of a jumper, but he does so much good stuff that I think he's going to really excel.  I've never seen anybody so good picked apart like this before.
I like all 3 comments

Honestly I havent even really bothered to watch much Simmons, but the long-term top guy always gets picked apart because hes been at the top so long.

We saw it a bit with Wiggins and Okafor, but Simmons seems to be catching the hate earlier than they did. 

Luwawe is intriguing.

Dunn is nice, I havent watched a ton of him, but he seems to lack a bit of aggressiveness and explosiveness. I dont see him being a star. Am I wrong on that?

I think hell be a nice player but I really havent watched enough of him to know.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2016, 06:18:27 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
I'm watched some Valentine gameplay, the guy doesn't have a left hand. He litterly does everything with his right hand. Will have trouble on the offensive end in the NBA if he is anything but a spot up shooter.

Denis I respect your opinion, but are you positive about that, I'll go back and check but he does so much with the ball and making effortless no look passes all over the court, hard to believe he's got no Left.
Granted I only watched a few highlight videos here and there, but what I noticed is a preference for using mainly the right hand when driving to the rim. The two situations I see him using his left for a few dribbles is running up the court, as well as when the play dictates he needs to use his left (as in there is a defender at his right hand and needs to use his left).

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Dunn, Luwawu, and Ellenson.

Ellenson is probably my true binkie. Could go either way, but he has incredible footwork for his size. Too many things going wrong thus far with his defense to know if it's correctable -- stance, position, decision-making -- but he does seem to play hard and shows great footwork offensively. Very young, just turned 19. Could end up being a heck of a player.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:10:55 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC