Author Topic: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.  (Read 24644 times)

Re: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2016, 04:49:01 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I have barely watched any college basketball this year, so I have no idea.  As I love stats though, I'll throw out some players who have impressive stats that look at least on paper like they might be good fits; 

1) Bryn Forbes from MSU.  I couldn't pick him out of a lineup BUT, he is a 6-3 guard 175lbs who has hit .505 from the three point line.  Is that leading the nation?  No, but it is good enough for 5th.  What makes him really impressive though is that he has taken a whopping 206 threes and still managed to shoot over 50%.  Just incredible.

2) Chris Boucher.  6-10f from Oregon.  Tied for the lead in the nation with 3.2blk/gm.  Also shoots about .333 from three, over .700 from the free throw line and rebounds.

3) Egidijus Mockevicius. 6-10C from Evansville.  Almost 14rebounds per game.  Also 2.8 blocks per game.  Shoots well from the free throw line.  Just under .700 this year but shot over .800 last year.

4) Tacko Fall.  7-6C from UCF.  Ok, he is just a freshman and won't be coming out but blocks 5 1/2 shots per 40.  And he is 7-6 300lbs.  Plus he is named Tacko and I love tacos.

5) Buddy Heild is in a category all by himself.  Real Ray Allen potential with him.  Shoots almost 90% from the line.  .473 from the three point line, almost .500 from the field.  Just crazy offense and I've actually watched him twice.  His defense isn't glaringly bad, or at least it wasn't the games I watched.

6) Last I'll throw in Kyle Wiltjer from Gonzaga.  Shoots .866 from the line, .410 from the three.  Oh yeah, 6-10 forward who is 24th in the country in scoring. 

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
Bender, Poeltl, Valentine, Sabonis, Zimmerman, Prince, Hammons, Layman, Payton

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2016, 07:27:39 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Malik Beasley
Derrick Jones
Wayne Seldon

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Bender, Poeltl, Valentine, Sabonis, Zimmerman, Prince, Hammons, Layman, Payton

Solid list Tp, TomRod

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
I have barely watched any college basketball this year, so I have no idea.  As I love stats though, I'll throw out some players who have impressive stats that look at least on paper like they might be good fits; 

1) Bryn Forbes from MSU.  I couldn't pick him out of a lineup BUT, he is a 6-3 guard 175lbs who has hit .505 from the three point line.  Is that leading the nation?  No, but it is good enough for 5th.  What makes him really impressive though is that he has taken a whopping 206 threes and still managed to shoot over 50%.  Just incredible.

2) Chris Boucher.  6-10f from Oregon.  Tied for the lead in the nation with 3.2blk/gm.  Also shoots about .333 from three, over .700 from the free throw line and rebounds.

3) Egidijus Mockevicius. 6-10C from Evansville.  Almost 14rebounds per game.  Also 2.8 blocks per game.  Shoots well from the free throw line.  Just under .700 this year but shot over .800 last year.

4) Tacko Fall.  7-6C from UCF.  Ok, he is just a freshman and won't be coming out but blocks 5 1/2 shots per 40.  And he is 7-6 300lbs.  Plus he is named Tacko and I love tacos.

5) Buddy Heild is in a category all by himself.  Real Ray Allen potential with him.  Shoots almost 90% from the line.  .473 from the three point line, almost .500 from the field.  Just crazy offense and I've actually watched him twice.  His defense isn't glaringly bad, or at least it wasn't the games I watched.

6) Last I'll throw in Kyle Wiltjer from Gonzaga.  Shoots .866 from the line, .410 from the three.  Oh yeah, 6-10 forward who is 24th in the country in scoring.
good calls dt. actually, these are the sorts of guys ainge sometimes picks in the second round. so we may get to see a few of your binkies become celtics. tp for the homework.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2016, 08:32:37 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Domantas Sabonis - Gonzaga

Has 19 double doubles this college season, efficient scorer, his dad was one of the 5 best basketball players of all time.

Prime Sabonis or prime Bill Walton, who ya got?

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2016, 08:40:19 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Brown, Skal, Hield

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2016, 08:45:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Man I wish there was a better term for this than binkie.

Here are my gihottats(guys I'm higher on then then those around them)
Dragan Bender (upside meets hustle)
Jamal Murray (fluid scorer poor man's Harden with better decision making)
Henry Ellenson(could be Kevin Love will at least be a more scoring oriented Josh Mcroberts)
Deyonta Davis(More likely 2016)
Diamond Stone(supposed work ethic issues are alarming but his production has been elite)
Denzel Valentine(versatile and poised)
Jonathon Jeanne(obscene upside)
Stephen Zimmerman(nice feel around the basket, underrated rim prorection)
Nigel Hayes(More of a power 3 than an SF or pf, has big game experience)

Finally the stick my neck out that this guy is being slept on player is Dwayne Bacon, I can provide posting history that last year I had Rashad Vaugne as a top 20 pick when most mocks had him in the mid to late second.

This year despite being MIA on most mocks I believe that if he declares Dwayne Bacon will be picked in the top 35. Excellent athlete with strong scoring instincts. Draft sites are sleeping on Dwayne Bacon.

Hey I didn't come up with Binkie. I just ran with it lol. How bout we change it to "Thunder Buddies" I'm listening to suggestions.. 8)

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell

Henry Ellenson(could be Kevin Love will at least be a more scoring oriented Josh Mcroberts)
Diamond Stone(supposed work ethic issues are alarming but his production has been elite)

Finally the stick my neck out that this guy is being slept on player is Dwayne Bacon, I can provide posting history that last year I had Rashad Vaugne as a top 20 pick when most mocks had him in the mid to late second.

This year despite being MIA on most mocks I believe that if he declares Dwayne Bacon will be picked in the top 35. Excellent athlete with strong scoring instincts. Draft sites are sleeping on Dwayne Bacon.

Hey I didn't come up with Binkie. I just ran with it lol. How bout we change it to "Thunder Buddies" I'm listening to suggestions.. 8)

Hahaha no you sir definitely did not I just always cringe when I talk draft with some of my friends and blurt out. "Oh ya he's one of my binkies!". Cant think of anywhere else in my life where binkie enters my vocabulary.

If I had to pick one from this draft though I'm going to go Jamaal Murray as my final answer.  He's a big Bruce Lee fan and practices meditation and mindfulness exercises. Was actually kind of pumped when Chad Ford had us taking him.

Jamaal Murray for our pick.
Dwayne Bacon (If he declares) for biggest riser.

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2016, 10:15:37 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26

Hahaha no you sir definitely did not I just always cringe when I talk draft with some of my friends and blurt out. "Oh ya he's one of my binkies!". Cant think of anywhere else in my life where binkie enters my vocabulary.

If I had to pick one from this draft though I'm going to go Jamaal Murray as my final answer.  He's a big Bruce Lee fan and practices meditation and mindfulness exercises. Was actually kind of pumped when Chad Ford had us taking him.

Jamaal Murray for our pick.
Dwayne Bacon (If he declares) for biggest riser.

Oh yes Murray. I like him too, let it be noted please.

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 Tp Smartacus, for the inside Bruce Lee scoop. Rest in peace Master Lee. Good signs with Murray I want away he was a peaceful warrior. Good looks Smartacus..

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2016, 10:44:41 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Has 19 double doubles this college season, efficient scorer, his dad was one of the 5 best basketball players of all time.

No way he's top 5 all time, not even top 5 center.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Has 19 double doubles this college season, efficient scorer, his dad was one of the 5 best Lithuanianbasketball players of all time.

Fixed it

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:11 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell

Has 19 double doubles this college season, efficient scorer, his dad was one of the 5 best Lithuanianbasketball players of all time.

Fixed it

In IDreamCeltics' defense Russia ruined him. Should have had a lot more international exposure by either going to a legit euro league team or the NBA. By the time he finally escaped the Iron Curtain his knees were shot.

Man at times though... he looked like Shaq with a jumpshot and handles.

Edit: Anyone who hasn't seen him should check out the doc "The Other Dream Team". It's on Netflix and has a ton of great footage and a compelling story.

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

I hadn't watched Sabonis's scouting report before - impressive. He's like a fit version of Sullinger. Would love to get him in the 20's.