Author Topic: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.  (Read 24356 times)

Re: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 11:31:30 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I have two. Jaylen Brown and Denzel Valentine.

We get one of the two, I'd be so happy. We get Brown and I will smile from ear to ear for probably a day.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Dunn, Lab, and Luwawu, but it's really early and I haven't had a chance to delve into this draft as much as I would like. Also, I anticipate trading many of our picks, so also not trying to get my hopes up.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

We get one of the two, I'd be so happy. We get Brown and I will smile from ear to ear for probably a day.

Interesting. Fill me in more on Brown. He's supposedly a high upside defender but has a poor steals rate. Offensively, he has a high turnover rate and is not a good shooter from range. I know that he's been asked to run a lot of his team's offense, which explains the high turnover rate. Any reason to believe he will ever become an average shooter?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 11:39:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
None. I've watched a ton of college ball this year and the entire NCAA appears to be in a very down year talent wise. There's just very little real good NBA level talent in college ball right now. I think it's why this year you will probably see a lot of overseas talent getting drafted(and stashed).

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Interesting. Fill me in more on Brown. He's supposedly a high upside defender but has a poor steals rate. Offensively, he has a high turnover rate and is not a good shooter from range. I know that he's been asked to run a lot of his team's offense, which explains the high turnover rate. Any reason to believe he will ever become an average shooter?

Yeah. Jaylen Brown averages close to 3 TO's per game. Not just because he runs the offense on some possessions, but he's also in attack mode most of the time and still hasn't learned proper decision making, especially passing out. He tends to force shots while slashing even if he's defended by multiple people. Needs work on that, but you can see the attacker's mentality, and that's something he can be really good at in the next level due to his size and athleticism.

Check out his game vs Virginia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNLOsrzZ6n8

The good thing about him is he is deadly on the open court, and he can get to the FT line. He averages 6 FTA per game for Cal, that's really good. That's a skill that can translate to the NBA.

As far as shooting is concerned, as with a ton of prospect before him, he still needs work, but yeah. He's got decent mechanics on his shots, so it could be fixed.

But overall, size, athletic, a very capable defender, slashing potential, can get to the FT line at will makes him a very good prospect for me. I think he's a DeMar Derozan type of a player. Weirdly enough, their college game is similar. Can't shoot, but can slash and get to the lane with ease.

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Yeah. Jaylen Brown averages close to 3 TO's per game. Not just because he runs the offense on some possessions, but he's also in attack mode most of the time and still hasn't learned proper decision making, especially passing out. He tends to force shots while slashing even if he's defended by multiple people. Needs work on that, but you can see the attacker's mentality, and that's something he can be really good at in the next level due to his size and athleticism.

The good thing about him is he is deadly on the open court, and he can get to the FT line. He averages 6 FTA per game for Cal, that's really good. That's a skill that can translate to the NBA.

As far as shooting is concerned, as with a ton of prospect before him, he still needs work, but yeah. He's got decent mechanics on his shots, so it could be fixed.

But overall, size, athletic, a very capable defender, slashing potential, can get to the FT line at will makes him a very good prospect for me. I think he's a DeMar Derozan type of a player. Weirdly enough, their college game is similar. Can't shoot, but can slash and get to the lane with ease.

I like the DDR comp. The DKC Raptors will be looking hard at Jaylen.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 02:18:49 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Grayson Allen is gonna be really good

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ingram.

That's all.

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Grayson Allen is gonna be really good
in the D league  ;D

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I like the DDR comp. The DKC Raptors will be looking hard at Jaylen.

I knew you were going to say that.

I love him as a prospect. I think his worst case scenario is a wing that can defend multiple positions and an option in transition. That's worst case.

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Luwawu, Hield, and Labissiere (if he keeps up his strong play in March).
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 03:14:22 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Limiting myself to non-lotto prospects, I'll go with Wade Baldwin and Jonathan Jeanne. Baldwin has ideal skills for a 3+D combo guard, and Jeanne has infinite upside with his outlier combo of length + quickness to go with good skills and coordination for his age.

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
This thread is a cool idea. I like Skal Labissiere, Jamal Murray, Buddy Hield, Ivan Rabb, Henry Ellenson, Wayne Selden Jr, Tyler Ulis!!, Isaiah Briscoe, Deyonta Davis, Cheick Diallo, Malik Newman and Pascal Siakam. And of course I like Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown and Dragan Bender.

*Edit
I just realized where supposed to just put 3 players.
1 Skal Labissiere
2 Jamal Murray
3 Henry Ellenson

Honorable mention to Jonathan Isaac if he declares for the draft. I would advise that he doesn't though because the owners will collude and force him to go undrafted if he declares.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:52:53 PM by Forza Juventus »
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Lab
Zubac
Warney

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Picked mine 2 years ago...Dennis Smith Jr, Bam Bam and Thon are my dark-horses next year.