Author Topic: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.  (Read 24355 times)

Re: List your draft Binkies now. Bragging Rights.
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2016, 03:55:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I still really want Caris Levert.  I'd put my faith in an NBA training staff to keep him healthy.  He'd be a top 10 pick, maybe even as high as 5, if he were healthy all season.  He can shoot, drive, pass, rebound, and defend the 1-3.  He's got the physical measurables. He'll be a steal -- I'd be fine if he were picked at #23, and if he's available at #31 and we haven't traded the pick, I will be livid if he isn't selected.  He's a better prospect than anyone we selected last year (and I really like Rozier).

Update on Levert:

He revealed that his injury was a Jones fracture.  This is the same injury that Durant had.  It does have potential to recur, and as such is best treated with surgery, which he had in March.  It presumably explains why he has multiple seasons end with such an injury, and it's unfortunate he didn't have the surgery in 2015.  The recovery time is such that he'll be ready for training camp, and could probably do some light practice with the team in summer league, although playing in a game would seem like overkill.

Here's more about the surgery from an article about KD 18 months ago.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/10/12/6965691/kevin-durant-jones-fracture-injury-nba-thunder

According to the article, other players to undergo such a procedure in recent years include CJ McCollum and Brook Lopez.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Levert deal with this again at some point during his career, but it doesn't seem to be something that is career-ending.  He remains my draft binkie.

Yes! I feel the same exact way. Levert is certainly one of my binkies. And I hope he does well. He seems like a nice guy, and has put a lot of weight on his shoulders.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Brice Johnson

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I have watched a good amount of Duke and Cal games this year. With that being said, I would love if we drafted Brown and Grayson Allen.

Brown: Good physical size, with athleticism you can't teach. Also a good passer and shot creator. His shot still needs work ( though it's improving), and I see his TO per game dropping at the NBA when he has players around him. If he gets his shot going he'll be a force.

Grayson Allen: Straight baller who can play. Nice shot, good 3pt shooter, and plays good D. Think he would be great with CBS. If he puts on some lean muscle mass I think he's looking at some solid playing time early

Got em'.  Though admittedly leading up to the draft I favored Murray. Still love Brown!

« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2016, 09:37:06 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Hope Bentil is still there when our Philly pick comes up

Me too. Although 20 picks too early  :laugh:
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hahah nice! I like this years draft. Looking forward to the rest of our BKN picks, especially next years. See what we can do in free agency starting Friday!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:29:36 PM by Coast2Coast »