Author Topic: We have a GREAT SHOT to sign Horford this summer per Wojnarowski  (Read 16285 times)

Re: We have a GREAT SHOT to sign Horford this summer per Wojnarowski
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2016, 01:04:14 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Also if we don't get Horford and the Cavs don't win the title I think we go all in on Love again, its going to happen just a matter of if the Cavs want to play ball.

Something is bound to happen to that team when they dont win a championship this year... Kyrie does not like playing second dog to Lebron...
I think they'll try to trade either Kyrie or Love, but they might get gun shy based on the offers given.

Plus wanting "star" players in return... which they would get with Irving..

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2016, 01:08:14 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'd be less than satisfied with a 30 year old undersized center as the big move this summer.

My hope is that AD demands a trade after another futile season in New Orleans then we land the number 1 and trade it, along with a bundle of other picks for the big guy.
Still have room after that to entice KD.

I know it's as rose tinted an off season as you could get but imagine this line up
IT, Smart
Crowder, Bradley
Durant, Turner
AD, Oly 
Sully, AJ

A fan can dream

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 01:19:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
There was also a recent report that Horford is one of the guys that Durant would like to team up with this summer, or at least thinks would be a good match with himself. A lineup of IT, Bradley, Crowder, Durant, and Horford would be pretty freaking sick, especially if we could resign Turner for the second unit.

Like your optimism, but Kevin Durant is not coming to Boston.

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd be less than satisfied with a 30 year old undersized center as the big move this summer.

My hope is that AD demands a trade after another futile season in New Orleans then we land the number 1 and trade it, along with a bundle of other picks for the big guy.
Still have room after that to entice KD.

I know it's as rose tinted an off season as you could get but imagine this line up
IT, Smart
Crowder, Bradley
Durant, Turner
AD, Oly 
Sully, AJ

A fan can dream

The problem is that those are, indeed, dreams. Davis is a young superstar. He's not getting traded.

Horford is possibly attainable, and we have a healthy cap. He's our best chance to acquire a difference maker.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

A soon to be 30 year old undersized center who wants max money??
DA can not be that stupid...
Im sure its just another RUMOR..

It's pretty insulting to call Horford a "30 year old undersized center". How about "four-time all star", "back-to-back NCAA champion" or "top-20 NBA player"?

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 01:54:43 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Him and Mickey on the front line would be really nice...thanks!

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sign Horford to the max for 3 years without giving anything up ... that would be a major victory. 

Go ahead and use the war chest of assets to add that top guy while holding onto IT, Smart, and Crowder, and suddenly you've got your #1, an excellent #2, an All-Star scorer #3, and a tough supporting cast.

I dunno who that top guy would be though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Horford + Durant in free agency = Championship!! 

Cue the Duck Boats!!   :) :D ;D

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 08:54:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
There are several others more desirable I d chase first. 

He probably is truely attainable at a max price. ......I'd have to think hard about the max price.

The more games we win ...the more desirable Boston becomes to,players who care about basketball first .

Maybe Noah would want to join Horford ......Butler added would be a nice haul.

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 05:38:44 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
There was also a recent report that Horford is one of the guys that Durant would like to team up with this summer, or at least thinks would be a good match with himself. A lineup of IT, Bradley, Crowder, Durant, and Horford would be pretty freaking sick, especially if we could resign Turner for the second unit.

Horford does not want to play center though. He wants to stick with PF. Sully or Johnson should be at C

Go out and grab Jahlil and slot Horford at PF. That would be a nasty duo. Need to convince Horford to take less money though because there's no way he's worth freaking 25-27 mil. No way.
PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Al Horford
C: Jahlil Okafor

Then we still have the Nets pick swap next year and could add another piece through that. Nets are probably even worse next year.

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 07:53:23 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Part one of my plan. Next up, Barnes from GSW.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 08:00:09 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm not sure you can win a championship with Horford as your second best player.
You'd need a top 10 player as your #1 and even then you'd be underdogs.

Maybe with Durant as your #1 and Stevens as coach but even then it's pretty thin.

Only way I want Horford is if he gives us a decent deal at something like 3 x$20 million or something.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2016, 08:03:32 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
for the shot attempts sully gets in this offense, is the upgrade worth it? is it even an upgrade? where do sully and horford rank in the league? I know Horford is probably ranked somewhere around 10 - 15 for PF's but I just don't see the offense changing much because of him.

that and Horford just has never really wowed me. I suspect we probably won't get our money's worth out of him.

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2016, 08:52:32 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
for the shot attempts sully gets in this offense, is the upgrade worth it? is it even an upgrade? where do sully and horford rank in the league? I know Horford is probably ranked somewhere around 10 - 15 for PF's but I just don't see the offense changing much because of him.

that and Horford just has never really wowed me. I suspect we probably won't get our money's worth out of him.

I look at Horford as a poor man version of Tim Duncan. He isn't flashing or overwhelming but super efficient and well rounded. I personally would like to ideally see Horford brought in to start at PF and Noah (his college roommate) be brought in to start at center. Replace sully and Amir with horford and Noah. Then try to get KO's min up to at least 25mpg. I think that front court upgrade along with another year like this from IT, Avery and crowder, and future growth of smart to replace turners production and this team is a solid #2 seed in the east next season
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 09:16:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I look at Horford as a poor man version of Tim Duncan. He isn't flashing or overwhelming but super efficient and well rounded. I personally would like to ideally see Horford brought in to start at PF and Noah (his college roommate) be brought in to start at center. Replace sully and Amir with horford and Noah. Then try to get KO's min up to at least 25mpg. I think that front court upgrade along with another year like this from IT, Avery and crowder, and future growth of smart to replace turners production and this team is a solid #2 seed in the east next season

why is second place your goal?